U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 04:17 AM

10,830 posts, read 3,811,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh this is rich from the Washington Post article. These are the words of the 5 year old girl.

My friends and I love each other no matter our skin color. Sophie said her hope is that he can bring change to U.S. immigration laws.

So she brought skin color into it? What does skin color have to do with it? She was trained well by her parents up to and including pulling the skin color card in regards to illegal immigration.
Obviously coached.

Five-year-olds don't say things like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 04:20 AM

8,861 posts, read 10,321,034 times
It was clearly staged and from an advocacy group in Los Angeles Little girl shares immigration message with pope at DC parade - Story | WTTG

Old 09-26-2015, 04:33 AM

I'm wondering how the little brat even got close to the Pope, what with all the security.

Sounds like the Pope and Obama's administration were part of the conspiracy.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:38 AM

7,933 posts, read 3,733,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I feel the same way. So many Catholic talking heads are gushing about his popularity with the American people and that he's not just the Catholic Church's pope but everybody's pope. Uh no, the Protestants broke away because (among other things) the idea of a global, infallible leader with an exclusive line to God was anathema to them. I'm sure the Catholic Church is loving the idea of America becoming a Catholic country what with unchecked immigration.
What an absurd comment/s.
Catholics are the largest denomination of Christians in America, and even though the Pope heads the Catholic church, he is always speaking to all Christians. Just like Billy Graham is not Catholic, but they still listen to his ministry to find wisdom and the word of God.

Also, not all Catholics are mindless zombies who follow the Popes words and put them into deeds. Heck Pope's are only human beings speaking the gospel and Catholic church doctrine. That does not mean all Catholics are strict adherents or agree with everything the church takes a position on.
I can assure you most politically conservative Catholics oppose much of his political views on climate change dogma this current Pope is spouting. Not to mention opposition to unfettered illegal aliens overrunning our borders.
I believe in helping the poor, but my interpretation of that is not that I must invite the worlds poor into our own backyards to do so. Catholic charities do a fine job of helping the poor overseas, as they do helping out our own poor and homeless.

`

Old 09-26-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Catholics are the largest denomination of Christians in America, and even though the Pope heads the Catholic church, he is always speaking to all Christians. Just like Billy Graham is not Catholic, but they still listen to his ministry to find wisdom and the word of God.

Also, not all Catholics are mindless zombies who follow the Popes words and put them into deeds. Heck Pope's are only human beings speaking the gospel and Catholic church doctrine. That does not mean all Catholics are strict adherents or agree with everything the church takes a position on.
I can assure you most politically conservative Catholics oppose much of his political views on climate change dogma this current Pope is spouting. Not to mention opposition to unfettered illegal aliens overrunning our borders.
I believe in helping the poor, but my interpretation of that is not that I must invite the worlds poor into our own backyards to do so. Catholic charities do a fine job of helping the poor overseas, as they do helping out our own poor and homeless.

`
Fair enough.

But I think you would agree that the liberal media pundits are using the Pope's visit to promote their agenda against conservatives.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:01 AM

31,580 posts, read 14,591,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
OK now they're just being insulting. What five year-old (whose second language is English and goes to bottom-of-the-barrel LA schools) uses the word galvanized? Also, how does her dad feed the country? Is there some modern miracle of science that we're now able to digest metal for roughage?

I love how they put her in traditional Mexican dress. Make it look like she's from an innocent peasant family that just swum over yesterday.
I was thinking the exact same things. Galvanized? You're right, how does her dad "feed" the country? Seems like he'd be picking crops rather than holding the job that he does. That's usually the pro-illegal argument for those who are working in the ag industry. Whoops!

Old 09-26-2015, 07:12 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,544,780 times
They planned this for a year. It was a set up. Deport the illegals and take the anchor babies with them.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:40 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,079,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I was thinking the exact same things. Galvanized? You're right, how does her dad "feed" the country? Seems like he'd be picking crops rather than holding the job that he does. That's usually the pro-illegal argument for those who are working in the ag industry. Whoops!
Yes, how long would it take to fill that job opening? A citizen was probably let go in order to hire him. I have seen this happening. I think we can spare this family with no issue at all. Sadly, since she was so young, I am sure she is terrified and will terrify other anchors like herself thinking they will be abandoned by their parents. It doesn't matter how you coach a child that young, it will leave a "mark" and too much pressure to put on a 5 year old to save her parents as it should be working the other way around. We all suspected the anchors were for this reason and all this sob story did was verify that.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:37 AM

9,833 posts, read 5,592,942 times
Cry me a river...

Old 09-26-2015, 11:37 AM

4,530 posts, read 1,946,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

`
Protestants are still the majority in America. I have never heard Billy Graham lauded as the religious leader for Catholic Americans the way they're trying to make the pope some figurehead for non-Catholics. Yes I'm aware American Catholics often buck dogma, much to their church's chagrin. This is why the Church encourages invasion from more adherent illegals from Latin America. The Church in the US is dying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or