Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 11:16 PM

22,451 posts, read 11,972,828 times

Advertisements

From the article:

Cruz said she is an American citizen, but her parents are both undocumented immigrants from Mexico. The family lives in California, and traveled to Washington DC with members of their church as part of an organized advocacy push for immigration reform.

And this also:

"Pope Francis I want to tell you that my heart is sad. And I would like to ask you to speak with the President and the Congress in legalizing my parents because every day I am scared they will take them away from me," Cruz told CBS News.

---------------------------------
The entire article:

Girl gives letter to pope, fears her parents will be deported

----------------------------------

This so manipulative! This particular quote from the article tells it all:

Asked about immigration, she delivered long, seemingly memorized responses about why her parents and other immigrants deserved to stay in the United States.

------------------------------------

If her parents get deported, no one is forcing them to leave their child behind. In fact, if they are decent parents, they will take her with them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 11:25 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Oh, boohoo, again......

Old 09-24-2015, 12:14 AM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Yup, I saw this too. The Catholic Church has been ineffectual in fighting poverty in Latin America, so they would love it if the U.S. just opened the gates to absorb their people. It's funny how her message was "they deserve to live with dignity." Her and her family are from Los Angeles where the distinction between illegal and legal is pretty much non-existent. I can't wait until we repeal birthright citizenship to put an end to this manipulative mess.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:28 AM

3,700 posts, read 4,844,822 times
Wah, Wah, Waaaaa! If she is scared of being seperated from them then she can go to Mexico with them so they'll all be happily together-----in Mexico!

Personally, I hope her parents do get deported! The pope has no power here. Isn't he just head of the catholic church? I'm not catholic so he means nothing to me!

Old 09-24-2015, 02:48 AM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Wah, Wah, Waaaaa! If she is scared of being seperated from them then she can go to Mexico with them so they'll all be happily together-----in Mexico!

Personally, I hope her parents do get deported! The pope has no power here. Isn't he just head of the catholic church? I'm not catholic so he means nothing to me!
I feel the same way. So many Catholic talking heads are gushing about his popularity with the American people and that he's not just the Catholic Church's pope but everybody's pope. Uh no, the Protestants broke away because (among other things) the idea of a global, infallible leader with an exclusive line to God was anathema to them. I'm sure the Catholic Church is loving the idea of America becoming a Catholic country what with unchecked immigration.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:57 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,484,744 times
Unbelievable!

We are a nation of laws. Her parents deliberately broke the law. We are not a middle eastern theocracy, which allows religious leaders to inject their morality into our justice system. We are a secular nation, and it's so sad to see a child being used as a pawn to excuse her parents blatant disregard for our laws.

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 09-24-2015 at 03:06 AM..

Old 09-24-2015, 04:49 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
I think it is great the Pope came here and all the Catholics will be thrilled about his visit but before any critic can be given by the Pope on immigration or anything else the issue should be addressed about the little boys who were taken advantage of by the Church!

That is a huge amount of kids and the Pope should apologize first to these families and not calling out in this Country for political things he should not interfere with as a man of faith. JMO!

Old 09-24-2015, 05:18 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
If this girl and her family are devout, then surely they understand what "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's" means, as it pertains to the law.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:32 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Aww.

Poor little girl. How sad!

Get out the violins.

It was a big mistake letting Catholics immigrate to this country.

The Pope should have no influence here whatsoever.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:12 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Good for the little girl and good for the Pope.

Maybe our damn leaders will finally do something about the mess that is our immigration system.

Do I feel sorry for her, yup.

Would I still deport her parents and her back the Mexico? Yup.

Does the Pope have every moral right to advocate for those less fortunate in our society? Yup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration