Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 03:50 PM

62,746 posts, read 28,944,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Don't get your drawers all bunched up OG. Yes they are illegal aliens breaking the law and should be Sent back from whence they came. As posted but which you seemed to completely ignore.

The Pope has the right to advocate for anyone he deems deserving. Not a damn thing you or I can do about it.

I consider myself damn fortunate to have been born in the greatest country in the world and what was at one time the greatest state in the US. SO yeah people born in Mexico I would deem much less fortunate.

Until our federal government fixes the problem then all our bitching and moaning isnt going to mean a damn thing other than making you feel better for a short time.

Until that happens illegal immigration will continue.
I don't know where you are getting that I am getting my drawers in a bunch by merely expressing my opinion. No, the Pope would be a hypocrite to defend law breakers. Since when are law breakers deserving of anything other than justice? Just because one was supposedly unfortunate to be born in Mexico does not give them the right to violate our immigration laws. Why doesn't the Pope defend the Americans who have been negatively impacted by these law breakers instead? You call it bitching and moaning and I call it being pro-active about this issue and I will remain so until we get some politicians in our government who give a damn.

Funny how you singled me out for your remarks when the other posters are pretty much saying the same thing. Hmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 04:10 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,608,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't know where you are getting that I am getting my drawers in a bunch by merely expressing my opinion. No, the Pope would be a hypocrite to defend law breakers. Since when are law breakers deserving of anything other than justice? Just because one was supposedly unfortunate to be born in Mexico does not give them the right to violate our immigration laws. Why doesn't the Pope defend the Americans who have been negatively impacted by these law breakers instead? You call it bitching and moaning and I call it being pro-active about this issue and I will remain so until we get some politicians in our government who give a damn.

Funny how you singled me out for your remarks when the other posters are pretty much saying the same thing. Hmm.
Hmm maybe because your the only one that responded to my post so vehemently.

Everything else is again misdirected BMing. There is absolutely no proactivity about it.

I expect religious leaders to advocate for whomever they feel it is necessary to. Seems like the Pope is doing his job how bout we expect our Leaders to do theirs.

FYI the Pope is not bound by our Constitution when it comes to the Religious Dogma of the catholic church. I suspect he has God on his side with regards to this issue. Again if you don't believe that then it doesn't really matter does it.

The only thing that matters is holding our Elected Leaders accountable for doing their jobs, creating good immigration policy and enforcing it. The rest would take care of itself.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Hmm maybe because your the only one that responded to my post so vehemently.

Everything else is again misdirected BMing. There is absolutely no proactivity about it.

I expect religious leaders to advocate for whomever they feel it is necessary to. Seems like the Pope is doing his job how bout we expect our Leaders to do theirs.

FYI the Pope is not bound by our Constitution when it comes to the Religious Dogma of the catholic church. I suspect he has God on his side with regards to this issue. Again if you don't believe that then it doesn't really matter does it.

The only thing that matters is holding our Elected Leaders accountable for doing their jobs, creating good immigration policy and enforcing it. The rest would take care of itself.
You said "good for the little girl and good for the Pope". The girl's parents set her up to tug at the Pope's heart when he has no say in our immigration issues anyway. Is it any wonder why myself and others responded the way that we did? We'll have to agree to disagree then. The Pope and other religious figures are hypocrites if they are defending law breakers that have negatively impacted others. Talk about misplaced compassion. Since when does God advocate to harm others for your own gain? It's against everything that the Bible teaches. We already have a good immigration policy and yes it is not being enforced. As more and more Americans suffer because of illegal immigration it's going to take care of itself alright but not in the illegals favor nor their defenders.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:21 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,109,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Oh, boohoo, again......

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
plus some, cry babies should have come legally then they would not be having issues.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
You said "good for the little girl and good for the Pope". The girl's parents set her up to tug at the Pope's heart when he has no say in our immigration issues anyway. Is it any wonder why myself and others responded the way that we did? We'll have to agree to disagree then. The Pope and other religious figures are hypocrites if they are defending law breakers that have negatively impacted others. Talk about misplaced compassion. Since when does God advocate to harm others for your own gain? It's against everything that the Bible teaches. We already have a good immigration policy and yes it is not being enforced. As more and more Americans suffer because of illegal immigration it's going to take care of itself alright but not in the illegals favor nor their defenders.
Yeah good for the little girl. She is a little girl and I hold no ill will towards her. I also don't hold any lll will towards the Pope on this particular issue as he is doing his job.

I guarantee we agree more on this issue than you are will to admit.

Your just PO'd about the Pope doing what the Pope does because you don't agree with it and most likely anything that has to do with religion.

That's all well and good for you but it still doesn't do a damn thing to fix our yes screwed up immigration policy and it's enforcement.

Conflating what the Pope does with our Leaders failings does absolutely nothing but give you justification to tilt at windmills.

As I said before fix that and everything else falls in line.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah good for the little girl. She is a little girl and I hold no ill will towards her. I also don't hold any lll will towards the Pope on this particular issue as he is doing his job.

I guarantee we agree more on this issue than you are will to admit.

Your just PO'd about the Pope doing what the Pope does because you don't agree with it and most likely anything that has to do with religion.

That's all well and good for you but it still doesn't do a damn thing to fix our yes screwed up immigration policy and it's enforcement.

Conflating what the Pope does with our Leaders failings does absolutely nothing but give you justification to charge at windmills.

As I said before fix that and everything else falls in line.
You're off base here. I was raised Catholic even though I never go to church anymore. I am a religious person though, if not why would I mention and defend the Bible? Allowing this girl's parents to remain here and many more like her/them does not fix our immigration policies and that isn't enforcement of them either. By the way, I'd disagree with any religious figure that defends illegal aliens. It's not just the Pope. They're all hypocrites and have no right to stick their noses where they don't belong. As I said, it is misplaced compassion. None obviously for the Americans and their families who have had to bear the brunt of illegal immigration.

IMO, you should at least hold ill will towards her parents who put her up to this. If you don't then I again, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

By the way, don't you believe in separation of church and state?

Last edited by Oldglory; 09-24-2015 at 04:57 PM..

Old 09-24-2015, 04:55 PM

25,791 posts, read 21,949,801 times
Quote:
I'm with Oldglory all the way on this. We have good immigration policy but it has not been enforced and now, Obama has completely tied the hands of those that were in charge of enforcing the policy.

I don't understand why they took the little girl to see the Pope unless they have a backup plan to place the child with Catholic Charities for adoption since she won't bring in a paycheck if they take her home with them. Hopefully the Pope will see what adoption services are available so that they can place this child in a loving home with law-abiding parents.

Under "What would Jesus do?", the Pope should be familiar with this as a Christian, he wouldn't sneak into a country with his hands out, produce an anchor baby to use as a pawn, stage a sympathy play based on a child begging the Pope to not let her parents leave her behind which they must have told her would happen so, I'm thinking the Pope can do something for the family but not in the way of making them legal US citizens but helping them repent of their sins and get their collective acts together.

Probably 25 years ago, we looked at foreign adoption. It was impossible to adopt from Mexico and difficult and/or very expensive to adopt from Central and South America. Now, they are sending their kids here and producing anchor babies like crazy which they will leave behind if deported. Looks like the children are indeed pawns. Sad. Not very "Jesus" like. Pope should counsel.

Good news is that sympathy for this blackmail is extremely low and the more of this that gets into the news, the more sick and tired of it the people will get.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
You're off base here. I was raised Catholic even though I never go to church anymore. I am a religious person though, if not why would I mention and defend the Bible? Allowing this girl's parents to remain here and many more like her/them does not fix our immigration policies and that isn't enforcement of them either. By the way, I'd disagree with any religious figure that defends illegal aliens. It's not just the Pope. They're all hypocrites and have no right to stick their noses where they don't belong. As I said, it is misplaced compassion. None obviously for the Americans and their families who have had to bear the brunt of illegal immigration.

IMO, you should at least hold ill will towards her parents who put her up to this.
Understanding that you are a lapse Catholic albeit still religious I get where you are coming from.

Again, the Pope doesn't consider them criminals and why should he? He gets his authority from a power he considers higher than our Constitution. He considers them the downtrodden, the least amoung us and immigrants looking for a better life. Understanding all that it's HIS JOB to advocate for them.

As a higher functioning human being I can contemplate multiple conflicting issues, understand all sides and still function accordingly.

1) Fix the border and immigration policy issue by holding our Leaders accountable for the mess they created.

2) Round everyone up that is here illegally and make them go to the back of the line to get in this great country of ours.

If that happens then it doesn't really matter what the Pope does or doesn't say or how the little girls parents behave.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:13 PM

25,791 posts, read 21,949,801 times
Bulldogdad: I am still some what confused about what you advocating for, if anything. I am sure you are aware that the problem has been non-enforcement of the immigration law. The solution is to enforce it. But, I am not sure if you agree on deportation. You mentioned going to the back of the line but is that in their country of origin because I want them out! I want them to pull their anchors off the public assistance teat and head home.

Again, the Pope is a non-issue. We have separation of church and state. We don't care who he might answer to although considering his stance on some moral issues, I know it isn't who I answer to.

I cannot imagine that anyone of us didn't think the Pope would put his nose in our business when he came over here and that the illegals would pull something like this cannot be a surprise to anyone.

It is not our fault that her parents broke the law. It is the fault of the parents. If I enter someone's house because I found a window open even when the door was locked and the yard had a "No trespassing" sign. Do we blame the homeowner? Am I innocent?

Old 09-24-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Understanding that you are a lapse Catholic albeit still religious I get where you are coming from.

Again, the Pope doesn't consider them criminals and why should he? He gets his authority from a power he considers higher than our Constitution. He considers them the downtrodden, the least amoung us and immigrants looking for a better life. Understanding all that it's HIS JOB to advocate for them.

As a higher functioning human being I can contemplate multiple conflicting issues, understand all sides and still function accordingly.

1) Fix the border and immigration policy issue by holding our Leaders accountable for the mess they created.

2) Round everyone up that is here illegally and make them go to the back of the line to get in this great country of ours.

If that happens then it doesn't really matter what the Pope does or doesn't say or how the little girls parents behave.
The Pope is wrong then. God said obey the laws of the land so therefore they are criminals. Why doesn't the Pope consider the millions of suffering Americans due to illegal immigration, "the downtrodden"? They aren't "immigrants" either they are illegal aliens. No, it's his job to stick up for the real victims in all of this and that is American citizens. It is against Christianity to snub them and feel sorry for law breakers instead. We already know what needs to be done but it is irrelevant to the topic at hand. This is about the Pope and the girl and her parents who were trying to gain sympathy from him so to force his hand to make a nationwide statement that we citizens look at them as the so-called downtrodden rather than the law breakers that they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration