Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 05:26 PM

368 posts, read 413,074 times

Advertisements

The backlash of this is absolutely astounding. Glad it happened, now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 06:11 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Aww.

Poor little girl. How sad!

Get out the violins.

It was a big mistake letting Catholics immigrate to this country.

The Pope should have no influence here whatsoever.
Uh; easy there. Most American Catholics are Ok in 2015 and, they ain't drunken breeders like even 100 years ago.

Tho the Pope needs to invite those illegal aliens to HIS house if they mean that much to him.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:28 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
So much for them 'living in the shadows.' This illegal alien traveled from LA to DC to out himself and his kid in a historical televised event. Is this religious theater the type of stuff that plays well in Catholic Latin America? Is this what we want America to become?

Old 09-24-2015, 06:32 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Wah, Wah, Waaaaa! If she is scared of being seperated from them then she can go to Mexico with them so they'll all be happily together-----in Mexico!

Personally, I hope her parents do get deported! The pope has no power here. Isn't he just head of the catholic church? I'm not catholic so he means nothing to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Yup, I saw this too. The Catholic Church has been ineffectual in fighting poverty in Latin America, so they would love it if the U.S. just opened the gates to absorb their people. It's funny how her message was "they deserve to live with dignity." Her and her family are from Los Angeles where the distinction between illegal and legal is pretty much non-existent. I can't wait until we repeal birthright citizenship to put an end to this manipulative mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Aww.

Poor little girl. How sad!

Get out the violins.

It was a big mistake letting Catholics immigrate to this country.

The Pope should have no influence here whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsnow View Post
Just watched this on KTLA this morning. It made me physically sick. Get rid of them all! They can all stay together in Mexico.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Agents should have followed them home and arrested the family and proceed with deportations
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Considering the pro-create for cash, maybe the little girl realizes that she means nothing unless a check is attached to her collar. That is the way it appears to me. These people make everyone in their culture look bad when their child is afraid that she will be left behind by her parents.

Per the law, all of them are to be deported. The child can return when she is 21 years old. I would never leave my child anywhere. You realize they produce these little money bundles in hopes that family members can be sponsored once the child becomes an adult.

I wonder if the Pope will offer them asylum at the Vatican?

I guess we, the US taxpayers, aren't going to be supporting the little girl that the parents just have no use for her. Didn't we suspect that of these illegals in the first place. No surprise here.

I won't be losing sleep over it.

I wanted to add that as someone else mentioned, it is unfortunate that children are put in foster care when their parents go to prison. Trying to make a better life for their families? Yes, you can say that about some of the people that go to prison in the US. They were involved in illegal acts when earning money, sometimes fraud or identity thief and very often non-violent crimes. I don't see the flood gates being opened for them.

We have our own poor and more children living in poverty every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I believe it was all staged puke..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
Like that 'marker' put in by the Liberals during Trump's speech. Very telegraphed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
The father's been here at least five years and still can't speak English? As long as the Pope is encouraging lawbreaking, he should go to Latin America and urge the poor and working classes to overthrow the ruling class that's holding them down. And this little girl is NOT an American citizen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticat View Post
I'm waiting for the child whose father lost his construction job or other blue collar job to get a private moment with the pope. How about all those whose loved ones have been murdered by illegal aliens. When will they have their little talk with the pope. Oh, wait...what was I thinking?

I'm just so sick of only one side being portrayed on this issue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What really sickened me was that it was obvious that this girl's parents have led her to believe that if they get deported, they are leaving her behind. That's really despicable and shows them to be horrible parents. On top of that, to put her up to this stunt and make her rehearse a speech, is truly vile. As has been already pointed out, it's clear that her parents simply view her as a cash cow
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
This entire thing is nothing short of mass emotional manipulation.

A cute little girl...holding a letter...reading it aloud...begging the Pope to help her illegal parents...

The fact remains they broke the law. They are breaking the law. No amount of cuteness from any children who are born here, but whose parents are illegal immigrants, will change that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't know where you are getting that I am getting my drawers in a bunch by merely expressing my opinion. No, the Pope would be a hypocrite to defend law breakers. Since when are law breakers deserving of anything other than justice? Just because one was supposedly unfortunate to be born in Mexico does not give them the right to violate our immigration laws. Why doesn't the Pope defend the Americans who have been negatively impacted by these law breakers instead? You call it bitching and moaning and I call it being pro-active about this issue and I will remain so until we get some politicians in our government who give a damn.

Funny how you singled me out for your remarks when the other posters are pretty much saying the same thing. Hmm.
ALL of the above posts are proof that HEARTS have been hardened and lack empathy/ compassion for anyone else is alive and well..This attitude also gets promoted with Thug painting as well...

The Pope has no power legislatively what so ever..but for some unknown reason..this thread is packed by the ones who hate those they either don't understand or really do not give a care about anybody else in dire circumstances....I just shake my head sometimes..I found it truly difficult to actually read thru this thread..lbut forced myself to validate what I was actually sensing...I pray for your souls..really..because God and Jesus preached compassion..and yet whomever here is claiming being Christian deny's that..somehow deny's their religion...

This Pope is preaching Hope, encouragement, appreciation of many who walk in the path, and yet gets condemned.. just as that little girl you all claim was a pawn ( conspiracy theory) by her parents...No Compassion on this thread whatsoever!!

Old 09-24-2015, 06:45 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
ALL of the above posts are proof that HEARTS have been hardened and lack empathy/ compassion for anyone else is alive and well..This attitude also gets promoted with Thug painting as well...

The Pope has no power legislatively what so ever..but for some unknown reason..this thread is packed by the ones who hate those they either don't understand or really do not give a care about anybody else in dire circumstances....I just shake my head sometimes..I found it truly difficult to actually read thru this thread..lbut forced myself to validate what I was actually sensing...I pray for your souls..really..because God and Jesus preached compassion..and yet whomever here is claiming being Christian deny's that..somehow deny's their religion...

This Pope is preaching Hope, encouragement, appreciation of many who walk in the path, and yet gets condemned.. just as that little girl you all claim was a pawn ( conspiracy theory) by her parents...No Compassion on this thread whatsoever!!
Well, there certainly is no compassion by the pro-illegals for American citizens who have been harmed in some way by this illegal invasion but I guess they don't count, right? Yet they take the sanctimoneous high road?

Just as I figured.... I guess the Pope doesn't know the difference between a legal immigrant and an illegal alien?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a64_story.html

Old 09-24-2015, 06:45 PM

22,451 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:

Oh, where to begin! If this family is in "dire circumstances", then it's because they brought it on themselves. No one gave them permission to come here, let alone birth a child.

I have compassion for Americans who have been displaced in the work force due to illegal immigration. I've heard many stories of Americans who have lost their livelihoods due to illegal immigration---and their stories are heartbreaking. Also, I have compassion for Americans who have been victimized by illegal aliens. And for those who have seen their neighborhoods and schools destroyed by illegal immigration. Why don't you have compassion for suffering Americans?

Since you brought up "God and Jesus", you should know that Jesus told his followers to obey the laws of the land and to render unto Caesar that which is his.

How is it a "conspiracy theory" that the girl was being used as a pawn? The evidence is very clear. She was made to rehearse a speech.

The one whom I feel bad for is this poor girl. Her parents have led her to believe that should they get deported, they are leaving her behind. Can you imagine being a child that age who was made to fear abandonment by her parents? Any decent parent who gets deported would NOT abandon their child, they would take their child with them.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:48 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:

How many people do you think want to come to the USA ? At what magic number should our compassion end?

Old 09-24-2015, 07:00 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Oh this is rich from the Washington Post article. These are the words of the 5 year old girl.

“My friends and I love each other no matter our skin color.” Sophie said her hope is that he can bring change to U.S. immigration laws.

So she brought skin color into it? What does skin color have to do with it? She was trained well by her parents up to and including pulling the skin color card in regards to illegal immigration.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:06 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Oh this is rich from the Washington Post article. These are the words of the 5 year old girl.

“My friends and I love each other no matter our skin color.” Sophie said her hope is that he can bring change to U.S. immigration laws.

So she brought skin color into it? What does skin color have to do with it? She was trained well by her parents up to and including pulling the skin color card in regards to illegal immigration.
5 year old dont normally talk like that.. shame on the adults. This is rehearsed bs

Old 09-24-2015, 07:08 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Well, there certainly is no compassion by the pro-illegals for American citizens who have been harmed in some way by this illegal invasion but I guess they don't count, right? Yet they take the sanctimoneous high road?

Just as I figured.... I guess the Pope doesn't know the difference between a legal immigrant and an illegal alien?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a64_story.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Oh, where to begin! If this family is in "dire circumstances", then it's because they brought it on themselves. No one gave them permission to come here, let alone birth a child.

I have compassion for Americans who have been displaced in the work force due to illegal immigration. I've heard many stories of Americans who have lost their livelihoods due to illegal immigration---and their stories are heartbreaking. Also, I have compassion for Americans who have been victimized by illegal aliens. And for those who have seen their neighborhoods and schools destroyed by illegal immigration. Why don't you have compassion for suffering Americans?

Since you brought up "God and Jesus", you should know that Jesus told his followers to obey the laws of the land and to render unto Caesar that which is his.

How is it a "conspiracy theory" that the girl was being used as a pawn? The evidence is very clear. She was made to rehearse a speech.

The one whom I feel bad for is this poor girl. Her parents have led her to believe that should they get deported, they are leaving her behind. Can you imagine being a child that age who was made to fear abandonment by her parents? Any decent parent who gets deported would NOT abandon their child, they would take their child with them.
Once again..Doth protest TOO much..inability to feel any sense or ability to put yourselves in those shoes ( you luckily never had to walk in) due to accident of birth in USA ( lucky you )..speaks volumes..and even tho I am not even Catholic..even I can comprehend that Pope Francis preaches what he actually walks in his life..
Compassion is something only those that actually FEEL anything beyond one's bubble or the Compassion to get rich, only think of oneself is NOT any where near of what I am speaking about. It's like profiting of these underground folks gain profits doesn't matter..Who profits of their backs?? Yes it's true..denial of such capitalism/corporation/business/family who hires any undocumented ALL profit!! So enjoy your self-centred life!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration