Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 02:45 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
I believe it was planned by immigration group.
Yes, it was. The group is La Hermandad Los Angeles and they also had a little girl approach the pope in Rome to advocate for illegal immigration. Her father has a job and has lived in the U.S. for ten years. Would that other lawbreakers could be so lucky.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ents-deported/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 07:16 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Yes, it was. The group is La Hermandad Los Angeles and they also had a little girl approach the pope in Rome to advocate for illegal immigration. Her father has a job and has lived in the U.S. for ten years. Would that other lawbreakers could be so lucky.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ents-deported/
Doesn't surprise me one bit that a so-called immigrant right's group was involved in this. They don't fight for "immigrant" rights but for illegal aliens. They will try every trick in the book to gain sympathy for illegal aliens.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:40 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
ALL of the above posts are proof that HEARTS have been hardened and lack empathy/ compassion for anyone else is alive and well..This attitude also gets promoted with Thug painting as well...

The Pope has no power legislatively what so ever..but for some unknown reason..this thread is packed by the ones who hate those they either don't understand or really do not give a care about anybody else in dire circumstances....I just shake my head sometimes..I found it truly difficult to actually read thru this thread..lbut forced myself to validate what I was actually sensing...I pray for your souls..really..because God and Jesus preached compassion..and yet whomever here is claiming being Christian deny's that..somehow deny's their religion...

This Pope is preaching Hope, encouragement, appreciation of many who walk in the path, and yet gets condemned.. just as that little girl you all claim was a pawn ( conspiracy theory) by her parents...No Compassion on this thread whatsoever!!
Well since you are compassionate, maybe you can help me. Because of cuts and waiting lists for services for my son, especially medical, can we just drive across the border today and get services in Canada. The burden of illegal immigration has cut services for the disabled and elderly here to the bone. I could bring some elderly neighbors too because they are having trouble paying for not only their prescriptions but for their groceries. Is Canada the country that will offer us hope? I didn't know that you openly welcomed people illegally entering your country. This will be good news to a lot of people.

Oops, don't go yet: Entering Canada Illegally Has Consequences - Immigroup - We Are Immigration Law and for Mexicans in particular: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/21/us...anted=all&_r=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well, there certainly is no compassion by the pro-illegals for American citizens who have been harmed in some way by this illegal invasion but I guess they don't count, right? Yet they take the sanctimoneous high road?

Just as I figured.... I guess the Pope doesn't know the difference between a legal immigrant and an illegal alien?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a64_story.html
What the Pope says makes a financial difference so he will choose his words carefully to insure the money keeps coming in. No different than a TV evangelist.

Quote:
Oh this is rich from the Washington Post article. These are the words of the 5 year old girl.

“My friends and I love each other no matter our skin color.” Sophie said her hope is that he can bring change to U.S. immigration laws.

So she brought skin color into it? What does skin color have to do with it? She was trained well by her parents up to and including pulling the skin color card in regards to illegal immigration.
Every legal immigrant I have known was not white and I have known a lot of them. The race card has already been dispelled and by people of every skin color and ethnicity.

Quote:
Once again..Doth protest TOO much..inability to feel any sense or ability to put yourselves in those shoes ( you luckily never had to walk in) due to accident of birth in USA ( lucky you )..speaks volumes..and even tho I am not even Catholic..even I can comprehend that Pope Francis preaches what he actually walks in his life..
Compassion is something only those that actually FEEL anything beyond one's bubble or the Compassion to get rich, only think of oneself is NOT any where near of what I am speaking about. It's like profiting of these underground folks gain profits doesn't matter..Who profits of their backs?? Yes it's true..denial of such capitalism/corporation/business/family who hires any undocumented ALL profit!! So enjoy your self-centred life!!
As noted above, you need to promote this to your own government. When they open the the border with their great compassion, come back and lecture then.

We have children living in poverty: NCCP | Child Poverty a lot of them. As I said, the illegals come with hands out, are the only ones anymore having 5+ children to collect more welfare benefits and, obviously sympathy per this last event with the Pope so what about these people, our own citizens that need help and we deny that because of these illegal poachers of services meant for citizens. They use the emergency room 3 times more often than a citizen because it is free care for them despite the fact that they are illegal. We have had a lot of people, actually 75% of those filing medical bankruptcy here had medical insurance yet illegals step up and run up costs for ALL of the citizens.

There are 4,000 people with developmental disabilities and others waiting because there is no funding available for services for these US citizens. An anchor baby is covered from the womb on through their life with no waiting. Military veterans have trouble getting medical care and some were basically left for dead while we paid pre-natal and maternity care for illegal mothers.

And, our elderly: Poverty Among Seniors: An Updated Analysis of National and State Level Poverty Rates Under the Official and Supplemental Poverty Measures | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

So, maybe since you don't follow close enough to OUR country or apparently to the policies of your own government, you just didn't have a clue and answered in their forum because of your lack of knowledge. Have you ever read the articles of innocent children here in the inner city being shot on the way home from school? What about the living conditions there? We need to address our own issues here. What about those photos of children in Africa dying of starvation and illness, surely those crawling in across our southern border were in no worse circumstances than that yet I don't hear pleas to go and load up those families to bring in out of compassion.

If you aren't living it, you have no business speaking on it. Possibly you could provide for this little girl's family to come into your country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Perhaps we should send all the illegals to Canada, eh? Easy to talk when you aren't smack dab in the middle of this mess. With the universal healthcare up there and all the extra space, it would be ideal to relocate our illegal freeloaders. Just be sure you have good social programs in place to take care of them.

All of my relatives are Canadians; Mom from outside Edmonton and Dad from the Ottawa-area. I hold dual citizenship. In speaking with cousins on both coasts (and in Saskatchewan), Canada has nowhere near the illegal problem as the U.S. in fact, Canada strictly enforces its immigration laws. Such a concept.

I just wasted my time responding, but sometimes the hand wringing and judgmental attitude are just too much, especially from those who aren't affected.
Thanks for responding and it wasn't a waste of your time. Illegal immigration is destroying the US. We can better deal with our own issues that now are on the back burner since we are overwhelmed by the financial burden that the illegals are not to mention what it is doing to the criminal justice system.

You can get carried away with compassion and go to the level of enabling which does more harm than good. The illegals have done SO much damage to our society. They basically loaded up their problems, bugs, diseases, crime, and brought it with them. That is the problem if you don't solve your problems, you just take them with you. If we take them off of the public assistance teat, they will have nothing more than what they had where they came from.

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 09-25-2015 at 07:51 AM..

Old 09-25-2015, 09:07 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
ALL of the above posts are proof that HEARTS have been hardened and lack empathy/ compassion for anyone else is alive and well..This attitude also gets promoted with Thug painting as well...

The Pope has no power legislatively what so ever..but for some unknown reason..this thread is packed by the ones who hate those they either don't understand or really do not give a care about anybody else in dire circumstances....I just shake my head sometimes..I found it truly difficult to actually read thru this thread..lbut forced myself to validate what I was actually sensing...I pray for your souls..really..because God and Jesus preached compassion..and yet whomever here is claiming being Christian deny's that..somehow deny's their religion...

This Pope is preaching Hope, encouragement, appreciation of many who walk in the path, and yet gets condemned.. just as that little girl you all claim was a pawn ( conspiracy theory) by her parents...No Compassion on this thread whatsoever!!
Quote:
Once again..Doth protest TOO much..inability to feel any sense or ability to put yourselves in those shoes ( you luckily never had to walk in) due to accident of birth in USA ( lucky you )..speaks volumes..and even tho I am not even Catholic..even I can comprehend that Pope Francis preaches what he actually walks in his life..
Compassion is something only those that actually FEEL anything beyond one's bubble or the Compassion to get rich, only think of oneself is NOT any where near of what I am speaking about. It's like profiting of these underground folks gain profits doesn't matter..Who profits of their backs?? Yes it's true..denial of such capitalism/corporation/business/family who hires any undocumented ALL profit!! So enjoy your self-centred life!!
Wow! Such righteous indignation from one far removed from the impact of illegal immigration. It is very easy to sit on your high horse while living in Canada. You don't have our illegal immigration problems. As such, you are in no position to judge others who ARE dealing with this issue firsthand.

Since you have chosen to admonish others by invoking God and Jesus, perhaps you can practice what you preach. "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thy own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." -- Matthew 7:5

In other words, you have accused others of having hardened hearts, and lacking empathy/compassion. However, your comments illustrate YOUR own heart is hardened, and YOU lack empathy and compassion. Otherwise, you would feel at least a modicum of concern for the U.S. citizens who are forced to actually live with this scourge. Where is your heartfelt empathy/compassion for them?

Others have eloquently and passionately explained the conditions in this country, and why we simply cannot continue to tolerate such massive numbers of foreigners living here illegally. Yet, you consider their legitimate complaints "hate." Perhaps you can elaborate and clearly explain the "hateful" aspect of their remarks.

Would you also consider it "hateful" if a person objected to being victimized by thieves? In case you don't know, millions of U.S. citizens have had their identities stolen by the same people you believe we have a moral obligation to embrace. I suppose in your opinion, their theft is justified. After all, they are only trying to support themselves and their families. They deserve a better life. Again, where is your empathy/compassion for their victims?

You have also told others they lack the ability to "put themselves in the shoes of illegals." Again, you display such sheer hypocrisy it would be laughable if not so sad. Why don't YOU try walking in the shoes of U.S. citizens whose neighborhoods have been destroyed, schools are overcrowded, hospitals have closed, lifesaving medical services have been discontinued, taxes have been squandered . . . . . the list goes on. Where is your empathy/compassion for them?

As for the notion that it's a "conspiracy theory" that the little girl is being used as a pawn. It isn't rocket science that the child's words were not hers. Clearly, she was coached. I was once a little girl. I can only speak from my experience, but when I was 5-years-old, my primary focus was my dolls and having tea parties with them at my little table. I was totally oblivious to politics or life's struggles. In fact, my dad was laid-off during my childhood, yet I was clueless until adulthood.

My parents, like most loving parents, chose to shield my fragile emotions from life's adversities. They loved me enough to want to ensure I had an enjoyable childhood, free from the worries of this world. After all, innocence is fleeting. We are children for such a brief period in life. Why any loving parent would choose to burden their child in such a manner, is way beyond my realm of comprehension.

Moreover, while I was a rather precocious child, there is no way I could have approached a pope, or for that matter, anyone, to implore their help. Had my parents been here illegally, facing the possibility of deportation, I would never have known. Again, most loving parents shield their children from pain.

I challenge you to justify your hypocrisy. Furthermore, while you are praying for our souls, please also pray for yours.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wow! Such righteous indignation from one far removed from the impact of illegal immigration. It is very easy to sit on your high horse while living in Canada. You don't have our illegal immigration problems. As such, you are in no position to judge others who ARE dealing with this issue firsthand.

Since you have chosen to admonish others by invoking God and Jesus, perhaps you can practice what you preach. "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thy own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." -- Matthew 7:5

In other words, you have accused others of having hardened hearts, and lacking empathy/compassion. However, your comments illustrate YOUR own heart is hardened, and YOU lack empathy and compassion. Otherwise, you would feel at least a modicum of concern for the U.S. citizens who are forced to actually live with this scourge. Where is your heartfelt empathy/compassion for them?

Others have eloquently and passionately explained the conditions in this country, and why we simply cannot continue to tolerate such massive numbers of foreigners living here illegally. Yet, you consider their legitimate complaints "hate." Perhaps you can elaborate and clearly explain the "hateful" aspect of their remarks.

Would you also consider it "hateful" if a person objected to being victimized by thieves? In case you don't know, millions of U.S. citizens have had their identities stolen by the same people you believe we have a moral obligation to embrace. I suppose in your opinion, their theft is justified. After all, they are only trying to support themselves and their families. They deserve a better life. Again, where is your empathy/compassion for their victims?

You have also told others they lack the ability to "put themselves in the shoes of illegals." Again, you display such sheer hypocrisy it would be laughable if not so sad. Why don't YOU try walking in the shoes of U.S. citizens whose neighborhoods have been destroyed, schools are overcrowded, hospitals have closed, lifesaving medical services have been discontinued, taxes have been squandered . . . . . the list goes on. Where is your empathy/compassion for them?

As for the notion that it's a "conspiracy theory" that the little girl is being used as a pawn. It isn't rocket science that the child's words were not hers. Clearly, she was coached. I was once a little girl. I can only speak from my experience, but when I was 5-years-old, my primary focus was my dolls and having tea parties with them at my little table. I was totally oblivious to politics or life's struggles. In fact, my dad was laid-off during my childhood, yet I was clueless until adulthood.

My parents, like most loving parents, chose to shield my fragile emotions from life's adversities. They loved me enough to want to ensure I had an enjoyable childhood, free from the worries of this world. After all, innocence is fleeting. We are children for such a brief period in life. Why any loving parent would choose to burden their child in such a manner, is way beyond my realm of comprehension.

Moreover, while I was a rather precocious child, there is no way I could have approached a pope, or for that matter, anyone, to implore their help. Had my parents been here illegally, facing the possibility of deportation, I would never have known. Again, most loving parents shield their children from pain.

I challenge you to justify your hypocrisy. Furthermore, while you are praying for our souls, please also pray for yours.
Wow! Welcome back, Benicar!

Old 09-25-2015, 09:23 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Wow! Welcome back, Benicar!
Thanks! Just thought I would visit today. I have truly missed you guys. Keep up the good fight!

Old 09-25-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thanks! Just thought I would visit today. I have truly missed you guys. Keep up the good fight!
Wish you'd drop by more often. A true patriot you are! Rest assured I will never give up the fight.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:31 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
The word illegal has a meaning. The bible says we are to follow laws of the land or it would be chaos.

If a poor man needed a car, would the government allow them to steal one out of love? Illegal is illegal.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:34 AM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:

How many can we put you down to sponsor?

Old 09-25-2015, 12:37 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
How many can we put you down to sponsor?
None I'm sure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration