Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 07:25 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times

Advertisements

I think the biggest issue is the slow process for legal aliens that have all proof on their side.

If the backlog was less and the fees legal aliens are paying for the salaries so more legal immigration should stimulate the economy and it may reduce future illegal for the group that is now just overstaying and becoming illegal.

The ones that cross the border and come here should be sent back and the borders closed by a wall and some other things so no tunnels can't be built.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 07:58 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I think the biggest issue is the slow process for legal aliens that have all proof on their side.

If the backlog was less and the fees legal aliens are paying for the salaries so more legal immigration should stimulate the economy and it may reduce future illegal for the group that is now just overstaying and becoming illegal.

The ones that cross the border and come here should be sent back and the borders closed by a wall and some other things so no tunnels can't be built.
I disagree about those overstaying their visas. There's good reason why visas are only temporary or have to be renewed. The same good reasons that illegal immigration is unacceptable and against the law.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:57 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Here is a report ( dated 8 Oct. 15 of ) once again showing how dangerous it is to come here illegally. 39 people who were locked into the trailer of a big rig. If you watch the video you can see how weak and dehydrated they are. Getting caught by the Border Patrol may have been what saved their lives.

Body cameras record dramatic rescue of illegal immigrants from sweltering semi trailer | FOX31 Denver

This is just another incident but look how costly it is.

All 39 taken to the hospital to be checked out. Free medical

Many and maybe all will be housed, fed and the cost associated with keeping them here as witnesses against the driver that they want to prosecute. So court cost also.

If people think that they are sticking up for poor people or supporting illegal immigration for humanitarian reason they are fooling themselves. Supporting illegal entry encourages more suffering and loss of life at great expense to everyone here legally. Amnesty will not solve this problem. Securing the border will.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:19 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Here is a report ( dated 8 Oct. 15 of ) once again showing how dangerous it is to come here illegally. 39 people who were locked into the trailer of a big rig. If you watch the video you can see how weak and dehydrated they are. Getting caught by the Border Patrol may have been what saved their lives.

Body cameras record dramatic rescue of illegal immigrants from sweltering semi trailer | FOX31 Denver

This is just another incident but look how costly it is.

All 39 taken to the hospital to be checked out. Free medical

Many and maybe all will be housed, fed and the cost associated with keeping them here as witnesses against the driver that they want to prosecute. So court cost also.

If people think that they are sticking up for poor people or supporting illegal immigration for humanitarian reason they are fooling themselves. Supporting illegal entry encourages more suffering and loss of life at great expense to everyone here legally. Amnesty will not solve this problem. Securing the border will.

As sad a fact that this is, your exactly right. Our borders need be very secure. There are cost involved that no one would ever think about, exactly as in this case.

And I would like someone to answer this question! what Country would allow Americans to pull this crap that illegals pull in our Country. Answer this question. And be treated as we treat illegals in this Country, no Country would give a rat's azz about American's illegally in there Countries. And definitely would have an answer alright to demands that American's would demand from those Countries.

The future of this Country for future generations, is not looking at all too good.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:28 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,207,408 times
Trump had better get elected! First to get rid of this policy. Then to make sure we don't end up with this policy becoming the norm for anyone that wished to take advantage of it! We are in trouble (we are already anyway) big time if this happens http://www.sun-sentinel.com/us-cuba-welfare-benefits/

Old 10-11-2015, 12:42 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
I am all for giving ICE more money to do their jobs!!-- who will approve a boost in the FED budget??

Old 10-11-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I am all for giving ICE more money to do their jobs!!-- who will approve a boost in the FED budget??
What good will that do? Obama won't let them do their jobs anyway. He has given a stay of deportation to millions of illegal aliens with instructions to ICE/Homeland Security not to deport any illegal aliens unless they are "convicted" criminals.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What good will that do? Obama won't let them do their jobs anyway. He has given a stay of deportation to millions of illegal aliens with instructions to ICE/Homeland Security not to deport any illegal aliens unless they are "convicted" criminals.
With limited limited funds -you deport the worse- 2. it is true- he is pro family and passed the dreamer act- etc- but that is limited amount of people and on a time frame- easy fix-- the next president just kills that rule - period.

Trumps stance is very popular- however:

A 2015 study estimates the federal government would have to spend roughly $400 billion to $600 billion to deport 11.3 million undocumented immigrants and prevent future unlawful entry into the U.S. over a 20 year time period.
1-To put this in perspective, an 18 month to two year time frame would mean between 458,000 and 611,000 deportations per month. In all of 2013, 438,000 immigrants were deported. Trump wants to deport in one month alone a higher number than this administration deported in 12 months.
2-where are you putting all these people? if you arrest 100 illegals in on e day- there is no magic "beam me out Scottie" button
3- you have to process- they see a judge- in that you have to house and feed them and then ship them to their perspective countries- $$ (buying stock in American airlines!)
4- if the law passed -what you think they would just sit and wait to be deported-? you would have chaos as in Europe right now and **** off Canada. (they can't go south- you made a fence)
5- need to hire and train more CBP, ICE and ERO agents- that is not cheap.but I am for it
6- So pull out the illegals in 2 years - what happens in their present jobs- tomatoes rot? no more orange juice and business begin to fail- what happens to our food industries- lettuce $19.00 you think- if there are now 50 open jobs (as you wheel off the illegal workers) people will fill them ? - NOO- that happened in FL and the farmer had to give away the strawberries just asked people to come pick at will for free.
7-taxes-- ohhh ehh ouch some has to pay-
We can use the military, we are already in involved in about 134 conflicts now- so put the US under Marshall law until it is all done?

OK Donald- plan B
I told you- I am -anti illegal -but a very practical person who does not eat HYPE.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
With limited limited funds -you deport the worse- 2. it is true- he is pro family and passed the dreamer act- etc- but that is limited amount of people and on a time frame- easy fix-- the next president just kills that rule - period.

Trumps stance is very popular- however:

A 2015 study estimates the federal government would have to spend roughly $400 billion to $600 billion to deport 11.3 million undocumented immigrants and prevent future unlawful entry into the U.S. over a 20 year time period.
1-To put this in perspective, an 18 month to two year time frame would mean between 458,000 and 611,000 deportations per month. In all of 2013, 438,000 immigrants were deported. Trump wants to deport in one month alone a higher number than this administration deported in 12 months.
2-where are you putting all these people? if you arrest 100 illegals in on e day- there is no magic "beam me out Scottie" button
3- you have to process- they see a judge- in that you have to house and feed them and then ship them to their perspective countries- $$ (buying stock in American airlines!)
4- if the law passed -what you think they would just sit and wait to be deported-? you would have chaos as in Europe right now and **** off Canada. (they can't go south- you made a fence)
5- need to hire and train more CBP, ICE and ERO agents- that is not cheap.but I am for it
6- So pull out the illegals in 2 years - what happens in their present jobs- tomatoes rot? no more orange juice and business begin to fail- what happens to our food industries- lettuce $19.00 you think- if there are now 50 open jobs (as you wheel off the illegal workers) people will fill them ? - NOO- that happened in FL and the farmer had to give away the strawberries just asked people to come pick at will for free.
7-taxes-- ohhh ehh ouch some has to pay-
We can use the military, we are already in involved in about 134 conflicts now- so put the US under Marshall law until it is all done?

OK Donald- plan B
I told you- I am -anti illegal -but a very practical person who does not eat HYPE.
Limited funds, my eye. Obama is pro-family alright. Pro-illegal alien family and anti-American family. By allowing them to remain here it harms American citizens and their families.

Trump will realize that the way to rid ourselves of illegal aliens is to remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and to continue to come here. They will self-deport and there are no costs involved with that. You say you're not pro-illegal but then you bring up the ole crop picking argument that the pro-illegals use. Crops rotting on the vine. Lettuce at $19.00 a head. There are unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign crop pickers so you were sayin? If any crops have rotted on the vine it was because the growers wanted to use cheap, illegal labor instead to increase their profits so they only have themselves to blame. They pass little to nothing unto to consumer in the way of savings on produce. Only 3% of illegals are picking crops anyway. The rest are doing jobs that American have always done.

Illegal aliens don't begin to pay enough taxes to cover their enormous social costs and they send billions out of our country that isn't spent in our economy. They overcrowd our schools, jails and hospitals and contribute to uncontrolled population growth that puts added stress on our tax revenues, social and natural resources. They are altering the demographics and culture of our country.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:14 AM

Illegal aliens don't begin to pay enough taxes to cover their enormous social costs and they send billions out of our country that isn't spent in our economy.

FL does have a lot of fields with illegal workers- maybe more than 3% ?
self deport? when the employers are forced to do E-VERIFY that is KEY-
my tomatoes now come from China Construction jobs- service jobs- that's where it gets complicated. I will always go back to the employers- CUT the FLOW ($$) at the source! then I will believe that we can fix the migration of illegals

Last edited by tinytrump; 10-12-2015 at 08:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration