U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 03:38 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times

Advertisements

If immigration officials catch him some day and he is deported, Angel Estrada, 48, already knows whom he will call, and at what hotel in Mexico he will meet his family before attempting to rebuild his life in his hometown of Cuernavaca.
Estrada's daughter, Karla, 24, who like her father is in the country illegally, has no plans to leave so easily or quietly.

What's the Plan B if you get deported? A generational divide - LA Times

This just makes me mad. That arrogant Karla needs to be made an example of by being both picked up and deported ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 05:27 AM

4,527 posts, read 1,944,781 times
Infuriating. How long have her parents been here and they can't even speak enough English for a 2-minute interview? Oh but they will marshal a cadre of lawyers and activists to go to war with the U.S. government even though they broke the law. If only they applied that determination in making own country better. The daughter will have a leg up when she returns to Mexico with a UCLA degree and possibly a law degree, so what is she complaining about? She also attended at a portion of the cost of other foreign nationals.

I wasn't surprised when he said he'd get everyone to take cell phone pictures. The stunt with the pope showed us just how far people are willing to go with the theatrics. I have no doubt that these immoral people will actually encourage small children to get between their parents and federal agents...they may even tell their children that they'll never see mommy and daddy again unless the children cry and beg hard enough.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:11 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,074,451 times
Undocumented? Shows how ignorant she is. When you don't have your documents, every citizen knows how to get them. You contact your state/county and request a copies of the documents. Anyone can google for the offices that they need to contact.

So, who do you think is paying to put her through college? And she plans to further her education to become a lawyer and take a spot each time and probably financial aid from a US citizen. I am glad she will call all of her friends when she gets deported as they help round up another bunch of them! Yes, they can protest but one little violation, they end up arrested and "home sweet home" for them.

I truly believe that these clips like this will have the opposite effect. So many of our own children can no longer afford to go to college and with financial aid being more limited and the competition from the illegals for what is there, well, I just think these sob stories are not going to have the desired effect for those who have no respect for our people or our laws.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:18 AM

31,536 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Undocumented? Shows how ignorant she is. When you don't have your documents, every citizen knows how to get them. You contact your state/county and request a copies of the documents. Anyone can google for the offices that they need to contact.

So, who do you think is paying to put her through college? And she plans to further her education to become a lawyer and take a spot each time and probably financial aid from a US citizen. I am glad she will call all of her friends when she gets deported as they help round up another bunch of them! Yes, they can protest but one little violation, they end up arrested and "home sweet home" for them.

I truly believe that these clips like this will have the opposite effect. So many of our own children can no longer afford to go to college and with financial aid being more limited and the competition from the illegals for what is there, well, I just think these sob stories are not going to have the desired effect for those who have no respect for our people or our laws.
Every time these illegals have made public demands it has back fired on them yet they continue to do so. Seems like none of them or their supporters are very bright.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:09 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,074,451 times
I went back and read some of the comments just now on that article which followed. Yes, it appears they are much more arrogant than they are smart.

I was wondering though. The illegal said she was going to law school. Don't they frown on felons when it comes to entrance into law school? I am sure they have schools that will take her in her home country on her own dime.

Old 09-30-2015, 02:51 PM

4,527 posts, read 1,944,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I went back and read some of the comments just now on that article which followed. Yes, it appears they are much more arrogant than they are smart.

I was wondering though. The illegal said she was going to law school. Don't they frown on felons when it comes to entrance into law school? I am sure they have schools that will take her in her home country on her own dime.
Not in California. If someone was brought here by their parents while still a juvenile, they consider it "punishing" the child not to give them all the rights and privileges of a legal, in-state student.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:09 PM

11,504 posts, read 5,515,070 times
This article is infuriating! The parents know that they have no business being here---even made a plan for when they get deported. They would save themselves a lot of trouble if they just self-deported now. The fact that they can't speak English after being here for years, is inexcusable.

The daughter is arrogant and nasty. She, too, has no business being here but yet says that if they try to deport her she is going to raise a stink and make this country sorry they deported her. What she doesn't get is that instead of the majority being upset if she gets deported, most people will be happy to see that happen to her.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:16 PM

5,971 posts, read 2,793,422 times
Deport her and her family now and never let them come back. Fake social security card?? I bet he used that to work too. Get them out and build the wall. These politicians have lost their minds and have sold out the American people.

Go TRUMP!!!!!

Old 09-30-2015, 03:18 PM

5,971 posts, read 2,793,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
This article is infuriating! The parents know that they have no business being here---even made a plan for when they get deported. They would save themselves a lot of trouble if they just self-deported now. The fact that they can't speak English after being here for years, is inexcusable.

The daughter is arrogant and nasty. She, too, has no business being here but yet says that if they try to deport her she is going to raise a stink and make this country sorry they deported her. What she doesn't get is that instead of the majority being upset if she gets deported, most people will be happy to see that happen to her.
She can try raising a stink when there's a half dozen ICE agents arresting her! LOL

Old 09-30-2015, 07:00 PM

156 posts, read 111,904 times
I wonder if she would be this arrogant outside of CA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration