Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 06:11 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times

Advertisements

I keep hearing the question on what is Trump's plan on illegal immigration so I came across this article that breaks it into 5 points: BOOM: Donald Trump Announces 5-Point Plan about ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION! - The Political Insider

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...gration-reform and this from Donald Trump's website.

In making an intelligent guess on the question of how will Trump get Mexico to pay for the wall, I would just tax incoming goods, yes, do away with NAFTA and there have been people in Congress introducing bills to do that since the insane thing went into effect. Either that or you have to pay to cross through the "big" door on the wall. If you have a load of tomatoes, I think you might just pay up rather than turn around and take them home.

I do see more businesses e-verifying especially in manufacturing where they are going hi-tech and it requires both education and skill to operate the equipment. I have been looking at what the impact would be on the work force where I live and I think it won't be that much at all. Slaughter jobs were eliminated from the area which took a chunk of jobs done by illegals away and now, they must rely on under-the-table and their little anchor bundles.

With any luck, employers will be pro-active and start e-verifying to save themselves a hassle in the future.

We MUST pressure our elected officials to get this thing done with illegals because the alternative is that we lose our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 01:53 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
^Excellent!

This needs to be brought to the attention of as many voters as possible.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:04 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,849,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
... We MUST pressure our elected officials to get this thing done with illegals because the alternative is that we lose our country.
The problem with this is that our elected officials, DEMS and REPS, don't feel any pressure because none of them cares. Our country is already lost. The illegal immigrants are winning and are about to cross the finish line.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
The problem with this is that our elected officials, DEMS and REPS, don't feel any pressure because none of them cares. Our country is already lost. The illegal immigrants are winning and are about to cross the finish line.
Let's hope you are wrong. Look at what our ancestors accomplished when push came to shove. So, it may only be a dream but I am convinced that we can take it back IF we the people get involved. I know, we have a bunch of people that don't care. Maybe we just need to hit bottom and bounce? We're getting close to the bottom so I probably won't have to wait long to find out.

Less than 473 days before a new POTUS swears in. If the wrong person gets in....................

Old 10-05-2015, 05:55 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
I keep hearing the question on what is Trump's plan on illegal immigration so I came across this article that breaks it into 5 points: BOOM: Donald Trump Announces 5-Point Plan about ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION! - The Political Insider

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...gration-reform and this from Donald Trump's website.

In making an intelligent guess on the question of how will Trump get Mexico to pay for the wall, I would just tax incoming goods, yes, do away with NAFTA and there have been people in Congress introducing bills to do that since the insane thing went into effect. Either that or you have to pay to cross through the "big" door on the wall. If you have a load of tomatoes, I think you might just pay up rather than turn around and take them home.

I do see more businesses e-verifying especially in manufacturing where they are going hi-tech and it requires both education and skill to operate the equipment. I have been looking at what the impact would be on the work force where I live and I think it won't be that much at all. Slaughter jobs were eliminated from the area which took a chunk of jobs done by illegals away and now, they must rely on under-the-table and their little anchor bundles.

With any luck, employers will be pro-active and start e-verifying to save themselves a hassle in the future.

We MUST pressure our elected officials to get this thing done with illegals because the alternative is that we lose our country.
And to add to what you already wrote... Landlords/property managers should verify valid ID, valid SSN or work permit and/or passport showing valid visa to stay here and otherwise like we do...DENY them as they can't rent and afford a place without proper legal income.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
And to add to what you already wrote... Landlords/property managers should verify valid ID, valid SSN or work permit and/or passport showing valid visa to stay here and otherwise like we do...DENY them as they can't rent and afford a place without proper legal income.
Can't rep you again yet but yes, good addition to the list.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:34 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Goooooo trump!!

Old 10-21-2015, 12:46 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Quote:
Can't rep you again yet but yes, good addition to the list.
Except, sadly, this was ruled illegal by the courts when this had become mandated by law in Escondido CA.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:44 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
He doesn't go far enough with H1B....he should eliminate it completely.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:33 AM

124 posts, read 149,872 times
Instead of saying he was going to deport 12 million people and let the good ones return, he should say that he would make being an illegal alien so difficult that they would just leave. No work, no benefits, no education, no health care and they would always look over their shoulder all the time in fear.

When he said the good ones would be let back in the whole plan seemed silly. Why should they bother to deport the 12 million and then let back the good ones. None of them are good, they are law breakers! If we need immigrants only let in ones who have not broken the law who are waiting overseas. Why should Trump reward the good ones who have already broken the law. They never were good anyway, they broke the law!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration