U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 07:45 PM

31,634 posts, read 14,607,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
Read Folks!!!

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...gration-reform

Yes he does! He suggests nationwide E-verify

Right after he mentions triple the number of Ice Agents

E-verify is in his plan, and the fence is necessary...

He did mention E-verify, along with everything else. It's not a long proposal...

Thanks, this is good to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 02:18 PM

599 posts, read 288,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No other crime besides ..... why not pick other crimes? Being a illegal is actually kind of a big crime, its not a crime of passion, its not something done by accident, it generally takes alot of forethought to commit. Making it worse then many others in my opinion.

As for trumps five point plan, its idiocy. The fence is a horrible idea. As a prior poster mentioned theres a simple solutions. E-verify. Why didn't trump bring that up? Because it would work, and wasn't a way to sound mean and tough.

What part of "illegal" immigrant did you miss? They've committed a crime already. Deport them!
You stated you didn't support a border fence. How would we keep illegal immigrants out?? I know a nice big wall!

Old 10-24-2015, 09:08 PM

2,485 posts, read 1,765,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No other crime besides ..... why not pick other crimes? Being a illegal is actually kind of a big crime, its not a crime of passion, its not something done by accident, it generally takes alot of forethought to commit. Making it worse then many others in my opinion.

As for trumps five point plan, its idiocy. The fence is a horrible idea. As a prior poster mentioned theres a simple solutions. E-verify. Why didn't trump bring that up? Because it would work, and wasn't a way to sound mean and tough.

What part of "illegal" immigrant did you miss? They've committed a crime already. Deport them!
No they haven't. American history has always been a trajectory of immigrants, bold, brave, and bright ones who seek to work hard for a better life. Immigrants are some of the most hardworking people in america. Would your own entitled baristas with no marketable skills go pick cherries. Immigrants don't tend to rely on public assistance, and they tend to live very thriftily with a good sense of family integrity. Every generation of immigrants have kids here and their children adopt the same entitled ways.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:51 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,087,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
No they haven't. American history has always been a trajectory of immigrants, bold, brave, and bright ones who seek to work hard for a better life. Immigrants are some of the most hardworking people in america. Would your own entitled baristas with no marketable skills go pick cherries. Immigrants don't tend to rely on public assistance, and they tend to live very thriftily with a good sense of family integrity. Every generation of immigrants have kids here and their children adopt the same entitled ways.
This is the ILLEGAL immigration thread. There is another one for LEGAL in C-D.

Phony Farm Labor Shortage: We Need to Talk About It
Low-paid illegal work force has little impact on prices | The Seattle Times
The Myth of Illegal Immigration and Food Prices | San Diego Reader
https://www.numbersusa.org/pages/jobs-americans-wont-do
Are There Really Jobs Americans Won

This: Reducing Illegal Immigration Through Employment Verification,Enforcement, and Protection

Again, this is the ILLEGAL immigration forum, not "Legal". Entering the US without authorization is a crime. We have a procedure for dealing with this on the books already so it is just a matter of enforcement. Most, if not all, continue to break our laws because they cannot legally work in the US. Many steal citizen identities: Illegal, but Not Undocumented | Center for Immigration Studies

I want them out as do the majority of citizens. And, yes, I have posted all of this many times before and yet, the illegal aliens and their sympathizers never bother to look at the facts because the facts dispel all of the myths that they continue to chant in their continued pursuit of "Ignorance is bliss."

Trump 2016 and beyond!

Old 10-25-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This is the ILLEGAL immigration thread. There is another one for LEGAL in C-D.

Phony Farm Labor Shortage: We Need to Talk About It
Low-paid illegal work force has little impact on prices | The Seattle Times
The Myth of Illegal Immigration and Food Prices | San Diego Reader
https://www.numbersusa.org/pages/jobs-americans-wont-do
Are There Really Jobs Americans Won

This: Reducing Illegal Immigration Through Employment Verification,Enforcement, and Protection

Again, this is the ILLEGAL immigration forum, not "Legal". Entering the US without authorization is a crime. We have a procedure for dealing with this on the books already so it is just a matter of enforcement. Most, if not all, continue to break our laws because they cannot legally work in the US. Many steal citizen identities: Illegal, but Not Undocumented | Center for Immigration Studies

I want them out as do the majority of citizens. And, yes, I have posted all of this many times before and yet, the illegal aliens and their sympathizers never bother to look at the facts because the facts dispel all of the myths that they continue to chant in their continued pursuit of "Ignorance is bliss."

Trump 2016 and beyond!
Note how they constantly blur the lines between legal and illegal? Note how they always use the crop picking argument in defense of illegal aliens? Most illegals aren't picking crops they have stolen jobs from Americans that they have always done by working for less. They have no right whatsoever to be working in this country. Ilegal aliens use a lot of public assistance through their anchor babies.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...llect-welfare/

Old 10-28-2015, 12:05 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,405,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I keep hearing the question on what is Trump's plan on illegal immigration so I came across this article that breaks it into 5 points: BOOM: Donald Trump Announces 5-Point Plan about ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION! - The Political Insider

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...gration-reform and this from Donald Trump's website.

In making an intelligent guess on the question of how will Trump get Mexico to pay for the wall, I would just tax incoming goods, yes, do away with NAFTA and there have been people in Congress introducing bills to do that since the insane thing went into effect. Either that or you have to pay to cross through the "big" door on the wall. If you have a load of tomatoes, I think you might just pay up rather than turn around and take them home.

I do see more businesses e-verifying especially in manufacturing where they are going hi-tech and it requires both education and skill to operate the equipment. I have been looking at what the impact would be on the work force where I live and I think it won't be that much at all. Slaughter jobs were eliminated from the area which took a chunk of jobs done by illegals away and now, they must rely on under-the-table and their little anchor bundles.

With any luck, employers will be pro-active and start e-verifying to save themselves a hassle in the future.

We MUST pressure our elected officials to get this thing done with illegals because the alternative is that we lose our country.
The elected officials want your donations though they wont' do anything but use that money to ask for more donations. It's wishful thinking.

Incidentally, how exactly do you supposed Donnie would have Mexico pay for the wall. US - You have to pay for the wall. Mexico - Nope.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:51 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,087,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
The elected officials want your donations though they wont' do anything but use that money to ask for more donations. It's wishful thinking.

Incidentally, how exactly do you supposed Donnie would have Mexico pay for the wall. US - You have to pay for the wall. Mexico - Nope.
Paying for the wall? Simple. Surprised you didn't figure it out. See where people don't understand Donald Trump is that he has a comprehensive plan, not a lot of one liner promises. He has already said that to bring jobs back to the US, we need to put a tariff, like we had before when we had good jobs and the country was "great", that will level the playing field for American workers. We know it works because it was working before. So, all countries outside the US will be paying a tariff on incoming goods so it amounts to if you want to pass through the wall door, you'll be paying a tariff which will pay for the wall. Anyone that doesn't want to pay the tariff sits there with their tomatoes rotting and we can grow our own here in the states.

Donald Trump is not begging for money.

Gosh, you really need to read more about Donald Trump since you are missing the "meat" of his campaign.
Start here: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

Old 10-28-2015, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post

The U.S. could use a lot of leverage against Mexico including the millions of dollars we send them. Where there's a will there's a way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or