U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 03:52 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,056 times

Advertisements

he means JUST because out of the 20 million illegals here.. 19 million of them are mexicans, so don't single them out.. cause not all are mexicans.. he means, just because they are the main offenders who sneak over the border.. don't single them out because there are a few others as well, from other countries. What he means.. when you see all the many news video's of all the mexicans holding mexico flags while protesting in American streets.. don't single out mexicans because there may be others . than mexicans holding them mexico flags! What he means is..when you see that American on tv durring the criminal trial of some illegal mexican, who after his 4th or 5th dui, after he had been deported a couple times already, when you this illegal mexican getting sentenced for murdering an American because he drove drunk.. don't single the illegal mexican out.. sure if he wasn't here, that American would still be alive.. but heck, any other illegal driving drunk on our American streets could have done it!

mexicans are.. as you put it... singled out because why... ohh maybe if you could read, watch news reports, anchor baby births, welfare reports and costs, healthcare costs reports ect, ect, ect, ect, ect, ect, ect, ect,, and check how many Americans are getting killed by illegal mexicans vs. other illegals.. how many illegal mexicans are in our prisons vs. other illegals... you wouldn't have to ask such a stupid question!

illegals from mexico.. out-weigh EVERY other illegal sneaking into our country COMBINED! So, It's NOT that mexicans are being singled out.. it's because there are millions more of them here illegally than any other illegal.. but of course.. you pro-illegals like to call it racist.. or we are picking on them.. or some other pss poor excuse

Last edited by Arizona Bound; 01-30-2008 at 04:00 PM..

Old 01-30-2008, 03:56 PM

1,562 posts, read 3,831,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfingiskewl View Post
Ok if theres one thing that really annoys me when people talk about illegal immigration it's the racism comments.

Anti-Illegal Immigration has nothing to do with racism. ZERO.

In fact, whoever is calling others 'racist' is in fact the racist himself. He is implying that all illegal immigrants must be hispanic. Thats a racist stereotype.

Take these examples. Imagine if someone said "I hate people who are good at math" and someone shouted "Racist! you hate asians!". Or "I hate people who listen to hick country music" and someone shouted "racist! you hate white people!". You get the point..

The person calling racist is obviously stereotyping the hispanic race to be all illegal immigrants.

I have hispanic friends who are citizens. I get along with them just like everyone else. Why am I anti-illegal immgrant? No its not racism, thats stupid. There are countless reasons. The obvious ones - stealing jobs, tax evasion, free medical. Also the not so obvious ones. I look at it as modern slavery. Someone being paid $2 for hard labor?? Are you kidding?? Thats enough money to put food on the table and thats it. Everything about it is wrong.
YOU USED RACIST COMMENTS IN YOUR POST!!! I HATE INTERNET PEOPLE!!11

Yeah... I agree with your points though.

Once we legalize the illegals (you know it's coming. Carter did it and changed nothing) cost of everything is going to jump significantly if it's made here in the US.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Well don't cry racism when in fact you are admitting to be racist towards mexicans, whether they brought it on themselves or not, you are playing along. So put the tissues down and throw blows back, but you are furthering the problem.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:05 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Well see you have angst towards Mexicans now, you have responded to some of the racists with racism. So you see that is how this all became what it is now.

Again I don't care who started it, but you're not making it any less a racist topic by saying "the majority of mexicans are ___".

That is very offensive to me as a Mexican person, you see that is how it works. By saying "they started it by raising the flag" doesn't make your racist response any more justified, and IMO you elevated it by saying we are by majority this and that.

Didn't we learn that in Elementary School something about "2 wrongs"?
I wonder if 12 million New Yorkers illegally moved to Mexico if they wouldn't be saying, "damned New Yorkers!"

Old 01-30-2008, 04:08 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,056 times
we wouldn't have a problem.. to begin with, if these criminals, lowlifes, illegals... stayed on thier side of the river/fence/border...

yes so call me a racist.. comes very easy to pro-illegals.. it's the ONLY excuse they can come with to why we DON'T want filthy criminals sneaking over in the dead of night into OUR country and BLEED us all dry... yes we are racists because we DON'T want OUR tax dollars to go to CRIMINAL MEXICAN ILLEGALS and ANY OTHER CRIMINAL ILLEGAL who uses mexico to sneak across!

Old 01-30-2008, 05:05 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Well don't cry racism when in fact you are admitting to be racist towards mexicans, whether they brought it on themselves or not, you are playing along. So put the tissues down and throw blows back, but you are furthering the problem.

By your reasoning if someone were to blame the Japanese for bombing Pearl Harbor they would be a 'racist'.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:07 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I'll have to agree with this post. The folks raising those flags don't care about legal immigrants, nor even about most ILLEGAL immigrants. Nor do they care about Mexican-Americans, or ANY Americans. The folks raising that flag care about Mexicans. Period. To the exclusion of ALL other groups. And 'woe' to ANYONE who gets in their way.
And; to run with the putative race card further; said folks would not dare pull such a stunt in Mexico-------the SOB elite; most of whom are 'White' (more or less) would come out with guns blazing (literally) I bet.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:25 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,013,914 times
I think that most think illegals are just that violators of criminal law. They just hate criminals that lie;cheat and steal from their countryman.Most have no problem with those legally here. So I think it is mostly the race card being played out to avoid the issue of having broke the Law. I also want all illegals sent home; it just so happens that mexicans are highest number by far. But I also see alot from south american countries.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:17 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfingiskewl View Post
Ok if theres one thing that really annoys me when people talk about illegal immigration it's the racism comments.

Anti-Illegal Immigration has nothing to do with racism. ZERO.

In fact, whoever is calling others 'racist' is in fact the racist himself. He is implying that all illegal immigrants must be hispanic. Thats a racist stereotype.

Take these examples. Imagine if someone said "I hate people who are good at math" and someone shouted "Racist! you hate asians!". Or "I hate people who listen to hick country music" and someone shouted "racist! you hate white people!". You get the point..

The person calling racist is obviously stereotyping the hispanic race to be all illegal immigrants.

I have hispanic friends who are citizens. I get along with them just like everyone else. Why am I anti-illegal immgrant? No its not racism, thats stupid. There are countless reasons. The obvious ones - stealing jobs, tax evasion, free medical. Also the not so obvious ones. I look at it as modern slavery. Someone being paid $2 for hard labor?? Are you kidding?? Thats enough money to put food on the table and thats it. Everything about it is wrong.

Exactly. Also -- massive migration does not help -- it's destroying families and traditional social safety nets which leads to crime, it doesn't build up the economy in the "sending" regions.

Immigration should be limited to those people who truly wish to become American -- who have the desire and ability to assimilate and adapt.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:23 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
IMHO the illegal situation has been made a race issue by both sides, I don't know or care who started it, but it could have all been avoided. However, the people decided to focus on the majority of the illegals, the southern border, the spanish culture, rather than the actual problems.

Did Americans really have to single out Mexicans? Did Mexicans really have to bring out the race card? No, if we would have just fixed the problems instead of making this all about Mexicans. It really could have been done in a very fair, compassionate way, but of course human nature, especially Americans like to finger point and blame someone of whom they can personally see on the street.

Look at the threads on this forum, they are a constant re-iteration of complaints about Mexicans, of course Mexicans and Hispanics would get defensive.

Again I don't care who started it, but the damage has been done, it is irreversible.
A lot of the problem is the sheer numbers -- many people never hear an Irish brogue or foreign languages other than Spanish being spoken. We're not having to press 1 for Italiano, 2 for French, 3 for English. And the foreign flag being put up all over is the Mexican flag.

And what other foreign government is taking such an aggressive role in our laws besides the very corrupt Mexican government? When has a nation actually been as hell-bent on getting rid of so many millions of it's citizens as Mexico is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration