U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-31-2008, 09:02 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611

Advertisements

The main issue here is "ILLEGAL"!
The word "Illegal" does not point to one race.
Anyone offended by this word is most likley Illegal.
But the OBL and Pro-illegals push the word "Illegal" out of the picture and use words like racism, discrimanation and sob stories to change the issue and convince others that "Illegals" are no different than the "Legals" and that they're ALL here just to make a better life.
The Pro-Illegals have encouraged mostly Hispanics to get up and fight against our laws so it's mostly Hispanic that are seen in the pictures on videos and TV and heard about in the news.
That makes it much easier for the pro's to say that we're against one race, so we're racists.
Niether the word "Illegal" or the name "Hipanics" is a race.

As mentioned many, many times, "Illegal Immigration" has nothing to do with race.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 01-31-2008 at 09:21 AM..

 
Old 01-31-2008, 09:08 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I think the correct response is "No Nintendo".
This is a DEAD SERIOUS discussion-let's not play GAMES here......
 
Old 01-31-2008, 09:30 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
The main issue here is "ILLEGAL"!
The word "Illegal" does not point to one race.
Anyone offended by this word is most likley Illegal.
But the OBL and Pro-illegals push the word "Illegal" out of the picture and use words like racism, discrimanation and sob stories to change the issue and convince others that "Illegals" are no different than the "Legals" and that they're ALL here just to make a better life.
The Pro-Illegals have encouraged mostly Hispanics to get up and fight against our laws so it's mostly Hispanic that are seen in the pictures on videos and TV and heard about in the news.
That makes it much easier for the pro's to say that we're against one race, so we're racists.
Niether the word "Illegal" or the name "Hipanics" is a race.

As mentioned many, many times, "Illegal Immigration" has nothing to do with race.

Both sides do the pushing of race in unison if you ask me. Just go back and read the posts on this thread, 'listen' to the disdain for Mexicans. People say they can "visually identify" who is illegal, how do you think they do that, if not by them being brown?

Let's not get delusional here both sides of this argument have made it a racial argument.

You want to stop making this about race then stop singling out Mexicans, if illegal Mexicans want to stop making this about them, then they should stop hanging flags. Are either going to stop? No, so this shall continue.

You cannot say " this is not about race, this is about illegals, and the majority of them are Mexican crime ridden scum with horrible music and ugly hats, but this is nothing about Mexicans....".
 
Old 01-31-2008, 09:35 AM
 
1,861 posts, read 2,967,216 times
Reputation: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Both sides do the pushing of race in unison if you ask me. Just go back and read the posts on this thread, 'listen' to the disdain for Mexicans. People say they can "visually identify" who is illegal, how do you think they do that, if no by them being brown?

Let's not get delusional here both sides of this argument have made it a racial argument.

You want to stop making this about race then stop singling out Mexicans, if illegal Mexicans want to stop making this about them, then they should stop hanging flags. Are either going to stop? No, so this shall continue.

You cannot say " this is not about race, this is about illegals, and the majority of them are Mexican crime ridden scum with horrible music and ugly hats, but this is nothing about Mexicans...."
With maybe 30 million Mexican illegals in the U.S., compared to how many from other countries, you can't HELP but single them out. Comon. What, we should be blind to what's really happening here - Mexico sending us their poor?
 
Old 01-31-2008, 09:37 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
With maybe 30 million Mexican illegals in the U.S., compared to how many from other countries, you can't HELP but single them out. Comon. What, we should be blind to what's really happening here - Mexico sending us their poor?
Fine, but don't cry when people pull the race card when you are admittedly singling out 1 body of people. That is racist or at least discriminatory.
 
Old 01-31-2008, 09:46 AM
 
1,861 posts, read 2,967,216 times
Reputation: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Fine, but don't cry when people pull the race card when you are admittedly singling out 1 body of people. That is racist or at least discriminatory.
It is NOT "racist" - that word has completely lost its meaning. It's the FACTS. And, I'm not crying - I don't mind that word - it means nothing anymore.

It's fine to generalize IF there is a generalization to be made, as with illegal immigration. I'm not going to say, "oh, my goodness, those Irish are taking over our country with their 200,000 illegals in Massachusetts".

NO - I'm worried about the 30 MILLION illegal Mexicans that WE are paying for, and the thousands more that keep coming. THAT is a problem. And, that is the problem we're trying to solve.
 
Old 01-31-2008, 09:53 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
It is NOT "racist" - that word has completely lost its meaning. It's the FACTS. And, I'm not crying - I don't mind that word - it means nothing anymore.

It's fine to generalize IF there is a generalization to be made, as with illegal immigration. I'm not going to say, "oh, my goodness, those Irish are taking over our country with their 200,000 illegals in Massachusetts".

NO - I'm worried about the 30 MILLION illegal Mexicans that WE are paying for, and the thousands more that keep coming. THAT is a problem. And, that is the problem we're trying to solve.
And the way you state it there it is not "racist", and could be "fact" (although I hear 12-20, but whatever). That indeed would not be racist or even offensive.
However, it doesn't stop with the facts it then transitions into a bashing of the spanish culture, the people and their ways. When people say " they can visually identify them" that also provides a clue.

Some of you may have no racial agenda, but surely there are those (I can tell who) that do.

This is my take on it, people wonder why nobody is "stoping with the racism" there you have it. Keep poking fun at Mexican culture and singling them out, continue to hear the word "racist". That is how it works In My Humble Opinion.
 
Old 01-31-2008, 10:03 AM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,920,693 times
Reputation: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
this is about illegals, and the majority of them are Mexican crime ridden scum with horrible music and ugly".
Have to agree with you!
 
Old 01-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
Have to agree with you!
wow so sad
 
Old 01-31-2008, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
[quote=Mach50;2681608]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

Calling me a "racebaiter"? I am just trying to explain it to you how this all could have come about.
Quote:
Seriously quit calling me names,
I am not calling any of you racist.
No names were mentioned,,,, you must have a guilty consciounce?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top