U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-08-2008, 09:03 AM
 
157 posts, read 276,837 times
Reputation: 43

Advertisements

Personally I cannot support any candidate. They alll want free trade and open borders. All you have to do is listen to their speeches. Just depends who they are talking to at the time. They get free trade, here come the mexican truck drivers. They don't close the border, the stampede continues. And McCains wife, who cares what she done it don't matter. Every election, "Oh my lets look in their backround" It is to get your mind off the REAL issue. Open borders, Illegals flooding in. I don't care if the woman ate a truck load of pain killers. She quit and got help. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2008, 11:35 PM
 
Location: Metropolis
1,144 posts, read 3,255,825 times
Reputation: 640
So I guess if Huckabee and Romney didn't split the ticket, McCain wouldn't have had a ghost of chance. Seems like the Republican establishment or media didn't really want a "tough on immigration" candidate in the general election. Seems like a set-up, almost. And what happened to all the conservative anti-illegal segment of the Republican party. If god is the answer to how they voted, then why the hell do they even oppose illegals?, Jesus wouldn't. Abortion and Iraq turned their eye away, wtf, did we think Romney was going to declare a National Mormon magical underwear day! We could have gotten a Senator or Governor who really wanted to close down the borders to run if we really wanted to. Seems like 2008 was our chance and out with the bathwater.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2008, 07:28 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
So I guess if Huckabee and Romney didn't split the ticket, McCain wouldn't have had a ghost of chance. Seems like the Republican establishment or media didn't really want a "tough on immigration" candidate in the general election. Seems like a set-up, almost. And what happened to all the conservative anti-illegal segment of the Republican party. If god is the answer to how they voted, then why the hell do they even oppose illegals?, Jesus wouldn't. Abortion and Iraq turned their eye away, wtf, did we think Romney was going to declare a National Mormon magical underwear day! We could have gotten a Senator or Governor who really wanted to close down the borders to run if we really wanted to. Seems like 2008 was our chance and out with the bathwater.....
They are a very small but vocal minority. That is why they make all the noise but when it comes time to vote, they don't influence anything. If these people are so concerned about the "invasion" then why would they pick a candidate they hate and refer to us Juan "open borders"McAmnesty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2008, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
So I guess if Huckabee and Romney didn't split the ticket, McCain wouldn't have had a ghost of chance. Seems like the Republican establishment or media didn't really want a "tough on immigration" candidate in the general election. Seems like a set-up, almost. And what happened to all the conservative anti-illegal segment of the Republican party. If god is the answer to how they voted, then why the hell do they even oppose illegals?, Jesus wouldn't. Abortion and Iraq turned their eye away, wtf, did we think Romney was going to declare a National Mormon magical underwear day! We could have gotten a Senator or Governor who really wanted to close down the borders to run if we really wanted to. Seems like 2008 was our chance and out with the bathwater.....
Not just Conservatives-------some of us 'Liberals' are also very anti illegal immigration as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2008, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Metropolis
1,144 posts, read 3,255,825 times
Reputation: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not just Conservatives-------some of us 'Liberals' are also very anti illegal immigration as well.
Very true. So when the amnesty lovers try and shove their agenda down our throats and we respond by crashing the congressionals phone lines and flush down their plans like we do other things down the toilet, why can't we get a candidate in with our views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2008, 11:55 AM
 
16,700 posts, read 18,909,509 times
Reputation: 6795
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Very true. So when the amnesty lovers try and shove their agenda down our throats and we respond by crashing the congressionals phone lines and flush down their plans like we do other things down the toilet, why can't we get a candidate in with our views.
That is what happens when big business colludes with the government... the taxpayers pay for everyone while the big business collects the profits... you have to look at candidates very carefully as 99% are lobbyist for corporate interests... unfortunately most of the voters are sheep and the politicians throw out a bone every once in a while to shut them up...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top