Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 07:37 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
I'm saying Jesus Christ at the situation, not the thread.
That's one way of looking at it for sure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 11:43 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
I do not understand that someone can immigrate to this country, not work or contribute in any other worthwhile way other than to be a warm body and receive SSI in almost as much as I do in SSA. Plus, they receive housing vouchers, Medicaid, farmers market vouchers, food stamps and other benefits. I have a low SSA because I did work but was a stay at home mom. I am also not eligible for the other benefits as we were responsible and saved money to buy our home free and clear and have some retirement savings. This is wrong. And, the Asians work the same system. I guess my mom was right: nothing in life is fair or free.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:47 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
I would like to hear Marco Rubio's take on this. I won't hold my breath.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:00 PM

157 posts, read 137,271 times
Wow, we are stupid and crazy. What other country does this?

Old 10-09-2015, 12:35 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
all I know is desperate hungry people throw themselves in the ocean to taste freedom- and to live! if you have NOT lived it- you cannot know-food pkgs. have been sent to Cuba for years - and for that Gma- who came many years ago- good- because it has deteriorated tremendously and she would have been living it today had she not been able to leave.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:54 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
all I know is desperate hungry people throw themselves in the ocean to taste freedom- and to live! if you have NOT lived it- you cannot know-food pkgs. have been sent to Cuba for years - and for that Gma- who came many years ago- good- because it has deteriorated tremendously and she would have been living it today had she not been able to leave.
Wet foot, dry foot needs to end. I haven't heard that the Cubans have been coming here because they are hungry. It was to escape the Castro regime. Doesn't matter anyway no one has the right to come here without authorization just because they are hungry. We have our own citizens to feed.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
I do not understand that someone can immigrate to this country, not work or contribute in any other worthwhile way other than to be a warm body and receive SSI in almost as much as I do in SSA. Plus, they receive housing vouchers, Medicaid, farmers market vouchers, food stamps and other benefits. I have a low SSA because I did work but was a stay at home mom. I am also not eligible for the other benefits as we were responsible and saved money to buy our home free and clear and have some retirement savings. This is wrong. And, the Asians work the same system. I guess my mom was right: nothing in life is fair or free.
Cubans are KNOWN to be one of the best workers and least on social service's once on their feet-the extra benefits they get--is for their families in CUBA -- this part is true for some- NOT all- people were starving there. The solution OPEN UP THE GATES! open up enterprise and capitalism.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:53 AM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Cubans are KNOWN to be one of the best workers and least on social service's once on their feet-the extra benefits they get--is for their families in CUBA -- this part is true for some- NOT all- people were starving there. The solution OPEN UP THE GATES! open up enterprise and capitalism.
Are you saying you are for open borders now? Capitalism is already a part of this country but that doesn't negate our immigration laws nor should it include increasing our legal immigration quotas since we have millions of Americans out of work. Americans are quite capable of creating businesses on their own but they need to be hiring our own citizens first and foremost, not foreigners. I am getting mixed signals from you and I am sure others in here are also.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:12 AM

NO--- capitalism should open IN CUBA! it is under dictatorship and dying! ONCE it becomes free again -NO need to come to the USA-
2- the laws that have been in place since 1960's for Cubans-- I do not know if that has been changed- not sure if tied to embargo- sorry don't know... Cubans pride themselves to being very educated and have high end jobs. Most are lawyers, Drs etc.teachers and their kids followed suit. Cuba had FREE colleges before Castro.
If Cuba opens --many will leave the US and go home.
3- they were very hungry -the babies started to be born with cataracts due to vitamin deficiencies- young people died with a simple infection for lack of medicines.
The USA allows refugees- so need to stop all refugees from coming- if you think that should change- not sure you will get backers on that?

Old 10-11-2015, 04:31 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
I read this story the other day and I thought I had posted it already. May be not.

Anyway, it makes my blood boil to read this ! To be honest, I had wondered why some Cubans were so adamant about not reopening ties to Cuba. I think part of it is this very thing that is happening. It would cut off benefits for some.

Marco Rubio is a shill, as far as I am concerned. He is an establishment wannabe. I have posted many, many articles about his underhandedness while he was in office in FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration