Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 05:47 AM

62,727 posts, read 28,935,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I agree but if Mexicans had jobs- wouldn't be here
Not our problem and that doesn't justify them coming here illegally. As I said before, jobs aren't the only thing bringing them here but benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids also. It is up to our government to enforce our immigration laws but this administration is not doing that. It's going to be fixed soon so Mexicans and other illegals better starting looking at their other options such as fighting for change in their own countries. We cannot be the flop house and employment agency to the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 12:50 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,946,454 times
Cubans are not illegal immigrants. This thread does not belong in this board but anyway...

I live in Miami and I know plenty of Cubans on SSI. My guess is that while there is fraud it is probably very little and the article is just making it sound like millions of Cubans are receiving these benefits while living in Cuba. Not true. They live here and they live in crappy apartments usually without air conditioner. The government agencies are very aware who has left the country and when they came back.

I do agree the benefits should only be for citizens. We shouldn't be paying for Cubans to retire here when the haven't contributed anything to social security or Medicare. If you stop that, they will stop coming. They are not gonna wait 5 years when they can get free Medical care, food and housing in Cuba. We also need to stop their refugee status unless the person can prove he is being persecuted by the Cuban government. We need to stop the Cuban embargo and stop receiving so many Cubans. Some of them are unfortunately coming here and being recruited by drug gangs and all they do is grow pot or work in meth labs.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:29 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,196,941 times
I stopped following this thread soon after I posted article as I really knew it was going to get bad as this is a very controversial subject to many.

The thing that bothers me the most is that our country freely gives all kinds of stuff. Money ,housing,clothes,food. Even cash money to people who come here from other countries & never ever worked or put a penny into our system. Never were productive members of our society & many don't even have incentive to try once they see they will lose all these benefits if they actually go out a make a living & actually be a productive member of society & pay taxes & pay their own way. Why work & earn what you will be given for free. They love the handouts. Then those same people have all the spare time in the world. What do they do with that time. They get involved with gangs,drugs & commit the crimes we all see in the areas in which they live.

Meanwhile the taxpayers get screwed. Have to actually FIGHT for the benefits they receive(like the people that are disabled,our Veterans & elderly) unlike the ones that seem to come here with nothing a just collect benefits. And they get far more benefits that the average taxpayer that put into the system for years. Looking to collect on benefits they paid into with payroll deductions for years while working! These are not free benefits. These taxpayers that paid into Social Security are applying for benefits they are ENTITLED to since that is what they have been paying taxes for all these years.

Yet we pay non-citizens tons. While not helping our own Disable,Elderly & Veterans that fought for our country & still do! Such a messed up system we have here in the good ol' US of A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration