U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 06:10 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,137,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Under the Bracero program Mexicans were not here illegally. It's irrelevant what these greedy employers want. They are obligated to follow our immigration and labor laws just as everyone else is. It is only they that profit from illegal immigration not the majority of Americans who are given the shaft instead. If Mexicans were only granted temporary visas to work in agriculture and they stayed beyond them then they are in violation of our immigration laws and their visas and need to go back home. Is this news to you?

I know for FACT the agriculture and other employers stopped paying for the temp visas and will not face anything but a FINE. BIG high tech corps do get the B-1Visas and even an H-4 for the family to work. they do NOT come cheap and they do not last forever- so we have many overstays in the medical and technology fields. We have student overstays.
If we have illegals here it is because of the bread and butter they offer- GO fight that in DC!! They will tell you- this CAPITALISM and the free market and making money to create more jobs bla bla- they are untouched and protected-- and they threaten to take the business over seas to pay workers $3 a day if you harass them
GO after the source my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 06:24 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,137,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; if we're gonna go there, the different American Indian tribes had their share of donnybrooks over water, hunting grounds, women and so on.

Ellis Island: I'm 100 percent sure that ALL countries had their share of illegal aliens before any of us were born. But; few countries offer birthright anymore unless at least 1 parent's a citizen of that country.

I'm of Irish family. WE as a group had to clean up our own lives BEFORE we were accepted in the bigger world. Like put a stop to brawling, drinking too much and so on.

Non-Hispanic whites with American Indian ancestry make up a full half of the current population of mixed-race Americans but are among the least likely to say that they are multiracial. So the Indians were here and they are legal! making their lineage legal--
shoot the Irish have fun - must have clashed with the unwanted Quakers - but the allegiance or criteria for citizenship was based in good moral character for white men-
that left all the ladies as Illegal.. we need REFORM!

Old 10-09-2015, 06:26 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I know for FACT the agriculture and other employers stopped paying for the temp visas and will not face anything but a FINE. BIG high tech corps do get the B-1Visas and even an H-4 for the family to work. they do NOT come cheap and they do not last forever- so we have many overstays in the medical and technology fields. We have student overstays.
If we have illegals here it is because of the bread and butter they offer- GO fight that in DC!! They will tell you- this CAPITALISM and the free market and making money to create more jobs bla bla- they are untouched and protected-- and they threaten to take the business over seas to pay workers $3 a day if you harass them
GO after the source my friend.
Capitalism does not trump our immigration and labor laws and no one in DC would tell you otherwise because they know it is against the law. We already know why illegals are here. They are here to make the rich, richer while the rest of us get the shaft. Tell me something I don't already know. We for the rule of law are already going after the source and that is to demand the end of all of the incentives for them to remain here which are jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids. Are you on board with us? Hmm.

Both illegal immigration and outsourcing deplete job opportunities for Americans but outsourcing is the less of the two evils because those foreign workers are staying in their own countries rather than coming here and costing us billions of dollars for their upkeep and depleting our social and natural resources while increasing our population growth.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Non-Hispanic whites with American Indian ancestry make up a full half of the current population of mixed-race Americans but are among the least likely to say that they are multiracial. So the Indians were here and they are legal! making their lineage legal--
shoot the Irish have fun - must have clashed with the unwanted Quakers - but the allegiance or criteria for citizenship was based in good moral character for white men-
I don't get what point you are trying to make for the most part in your post. Are you claiming that those coming here illegally that have indian ancestry are entitled to do that based on that? Are you kidding me? The indian ancestors of the Mexicans never settled within our borders. The descendants of the tribes who did are all full fledged citizens of this country and rightly so. We need reform for what? Since when have only white men been made citizens of this country? Since when haven't women been made citizens of this country?

Old 10-09-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
See the history- I did not write history I simply posted it-

the Germans made their own little country and and kept their language and traditions we call them - AMISH! still here!

we made Mexican land ours via war and shenanigans - we recruited the black, Chinese and Mexicans to work here, when did that stop?? Do you think they had no babies during that time?

In the past many people did NOT come legally and even when the controls were kept by states - people just did what they wanted- today it is the same thing--
POINT is-- let's NOT talk about your past relatives unless you can prove Ellis island's documentation.

if you see our nations history it is an ongoing problem. make laws -change laws --people came and went
and some always complaining. Specially when the IRISH came poor souls - I believe in order and rule of law but that's why we need laws to be current for the times
I also see the face of Europe is changing...
The Amish are not a fiscal burden to our country and they remain a tight knit small community in our country. As long as those Mexicans, Blacks and Chinese are here legally then who's complaining? Did you forget that this is the "illegal" immigration forum? What does legal immigrants or citizens having babies in this country have to do with this forum either?

Please post a link proving that most past immigrants didn't come here legally. I'll wait. You're just grasping at straws now and making stuff up now. We have specific immigration laws in place today and regardless of the past "today's" laws must be followed and they do fit the current times. Don't like it? Oh, well. Talk to DC about it then rather than beating up on citizens who want our "current" immigration laws respected and enforced.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:10 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Uh; EVERY person born in the US is a US citizen except for kids of diplomats. Tho I'd def like to see birth ended unless at least 1 parent's a US citizen. Even Ireland put a stop to that about 10 years back.

BTW: word is many "full blood" American Indians are part "white" going by their DNA. So them mixing with anglo whites pretty much ended AI's as a separate group. My GF's part Cherokee: she's got those Asian eyes tho she's "anglo white" by US law.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Exactly. Turn Mexico into taxpayers like the rest of us.
Too high a price for the Mexicans to pay: they'd have to lose their language and culture or risk being kicked to the curb. Tho IF the drug wars get worse in Mexico; it's possible that some of their kind would swallow their pride and wanna become "anglo white" in culture.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:15 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,008,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Annex Mexico, problems solved.
Christ, you think you are handing out EBT cards now, just think of it if we did annex them? I guess we would have to then protect the southern border of Mexico?

Old 10-09-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Christ, you think you are handing out EBT cards now, just think of it if we did annex them? I guess we would have to then protect the southern border of Mexico?
Southern border of Mexico by Guatemala less in distance than where Mexico touches Arizona.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:27 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The Amish are not a fiscal burden to our country and they remain a tight knit small community in our country. As long as those Mexicans, Blacks and Chinese are here legally then who's complaining? Did you forget that this is the "illegal" immigration forum? What does legal immigrants or citizens having babies in this country have to do with this forum either?

Please post a link proving that most past immigrants didn't come here legally. I'll wait. You're just grasping at straws now and making stuff up now. We have specific immigration laws in place today and regardless of the past "today's" laws must be followed and they do fit the current times. Don't like it? Oh, well. Talk to DC about it then rather than beating up on citizens who want our "current" immigration laws respected and enforced.
You realize you mind as well be talking to the walk. This is more than anyone would probably want to know about immigration to the US, legal or illegal: Historical Timeline - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Exactly. Turn Mexico into taxpayers like the rest of us.
No. We can't afford to do that. There is not a reason in the world to do that. Why would we want to gain a 3rd world country to care for?

We just enforce the immigration laws already in place once we kick Obama and the Democrats out of the White House, we can start to move forward. Best advice I have is that illegals should start the going away parties, get back home and secure a place to live and job before the mass exodus starts.

I guess they didn't teach about immigration to the US in Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or