U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 09:26 AM

156 posts, read 111,818 times

Advertisements

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nut, I truly believe there are powerful interests who want the borders open. If not, this problem would have been solved a long time ago.

Yes, we need reform, but the open borders folks don't want any meaningful reform which will penalize unscrupulous employers or remove incentives for more to come illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 09:33 AM

19,237 posts, read 11,137,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticat View Post
At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nut, I truly believe there are powerful interests who want the borders open. If not, this problem would have been solved a long time ago.

Yes, we need reform, but the open borders folks don't want any meaningful reform which will penalize unscrupulous employers or remove incentives for more to come illegally.

follow the MONEY!

Old 10-10-2015, 09:38 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticat View Post

It's not reform we need. The laws on the books just need to be enforced. Any so-called reform on the table today is simply amnesty and that should be out of the question. I agree, we need to penalize the unscrupulous employers and implement e-verify across the board so that they won't be tempted to hire illegal aliens anymore.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:39 AM

14,382 posts, read 7,478,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, you're right. Not only does the author of this article blur the lines between legal and illegal but many Americans do also. They think they're all immigrants when that simply isn't true. Those who come here illegally aren't immigrants they are illegal aliens. There are good reasons why immigration has to be regulated today compared to the past. I guess they use no common sense they are just ruled by their emotions. Those who came here in the past did not steal jobs, taxes and resources from Americans either.
We are the only country that has open borders and a policy of not enforcing our immigration laws... or at least until this mess in Syria.

Now, Europe is finding out exactly what we've been going through with their newly opened borders policies. Ask Italy, Germany and Hungary how it's working out for them.

Hungary's PM says country is being "overrun" by Muslim refugees who will undermine Europe's Christian roots - Mirror Online

FAIR - Full List of Illegal Immigration Reports:

Sanctuary Policies Across the U.S. details resolutions, ordinances, executive actions
and other initiatives that now exist in 103 cities, towns and counties across 33 states
and the District of Columbia. This study is the first and only comprehensive compilation
of sanctuary policies and shows how non-enforcement — and outright defiance of
immigration law which is expressly prohibited by federal law — is a dangerous trend
sweeping the country.
Illegal Immigration | Federation for American Immigration Reform

Dogmatic atheists WILL ignore the facts (including NYT) brought forth in the following link:

The Islamic Overrun of Europe
Anyone preaching on the Signs of the Times or concerned about the End of the Age cannot ignore the dramatic and frightening Islamic Takeover of Europe.
The Islamic Overrun of Europe | RobertJMorgan.com

As a general rule, it is not a crime for a removable alien to remain present in the United States." The court also ruled that it was not a crime to seek or engage in unauthorized employment. - SCOTUS Judge Kennedy
Why 'illegal immigrant' is a slur - CNN.com

"Removable Alien" is the newest IT phrase. Changing the phraseology may be more acceptable because it sounds better, but it fixes NOTHING! I's like calling the trash collector a "waste technician"!

THIS is how far our country has gone out of the way to justify its own progressive insanity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
follow the MONEY!
Quote:
It's not reform we need. The laws on the books just need to be enforced. Any so-called reform on the table today is simply amnesty...
BINGO!

Old 10-10-2015, 09:47 AM

156 posts, read 111,818 times
When I say "reform," I'm not talking amnesty. I mean we need to revamp our system. End the chain migration and go to more of a point system like some other countries (like Canada?) have. Mandate e verify. End birthright citizenship, have better tracking of those on visas to prevent overstaying, among other things.

Granted, we could just enforce the laws already on the books and that would be an improvement over what we are doing now, which is nothing. But, I'm in favor of actually changing some things for the better as I mentioned above. That's what I mean by reform--real reform, not just window dressing. And real enforcement.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:54 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,123,070 times
Quote:
Nope! They have their own culture and language. Annexing them would be changing our demographics and identifying culture permanently. Doesn't solve the problem by adding more poverty to our country either.
Exactly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
And this is why too many Americans are soft on illegal immigration today. They have never set foot in California or Florida or other areas being overrun by illegals, yet when they hear talk of enforcing immigration law they think 'gosh my ancestors would've been turned away, and I wouldn't be an American today.' Uh no--we are living in completely different times than 1840. I can't even read people like this author anymore who blur the lines between legal and illegal, ignore that the fact that were was no welfare state back then, and make no mention of the fact that one-third of immigrants who couldn't cut it back then went home! Nobody goes home now.

And at least the Irish speak English!
To me this is said when nothing more can be said by a insecure American or one feeling they have to defended why they live here in the first place.

This phrase should be listed under "things Americans are afraid of"

Old 10-10-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Most Irish came through Elis Island. They assimilated to this country and their children as well.
They did not come for welfare and most were denied work at all. Bigotry knows no bounds.
This just shows our ancestors were honest people.......how did this change?

On the immigrants behalf we do have to blame our own government for allowing this to happen. Plus, notice who they deport working families and not gang members, why is this?

How many of our ancestors were gang members drawing on welfare and attending community colleges?

Old 10-10-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

On the immigrants behalf we do have to blame our own government for allowing this to happen. Plus, notice who they deport working families and not gang members, why is this?

How many of our ancestors were gang members drawing on welfare and attending community colleges?
who told you- do not deport gang members? They have "sweeps" on a regular basis

Old 10-10-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

15 million immigrants passed through Ellis Island to seek out the American Dream…3,501,683 of them were Irish… - See more at: The Irish And Ellis Island
today There are an estimated 50,000 Irish illegal immigrants in the U.S.

http://www.latimes.com/la-op-rodrigu...08-column.html

Old 10-10-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
who told you- do not deport gang members? They have "sweeps" on a regular basis
It's not working, stop sticking up for a failure of an administration on this........
Gang Uses Deportation to Its Advantage to Flourish in U.S. - LA Times
In the last 12 years, U.S. immigration authorities have logged more than 50,000 deportations of immigrants with criminal records to Central America, including untold numbers of gang members like Cruz-Mendoza.
But a deportation policy aimed in part at breaking up a Los Angeles street gang has backfired and helped spread it across Central America and back into other parts of the United States. Newly organized cells in El Salvador have returned to establish strongholds in metropolitan Washington, D.C., and other U.S. cities. Prisons in El Salvador have become nerve centers, authorities say, where deported leaders from Los Angeles communicate with gang cliques across the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or