U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2015, 01:50 PM

31,500 posts, read 14,580,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The head of Homeland Security? I am just posting what was the last order- not giving opinions --

anyhow let's see who wins the presidency and what will be the final outcome to solve this problem -
Some of the brass in the forums- already getting upset with me =so time to be quiet again- I notice some folks use curse words and post all kinds of trash and attack people and they win the prizes --others- zip!

So chat soon --I am out--
The head of Homeland Security gets its orders from Obama. Obama uses EO and bypasses congress to dictate what he can and can't do. It has nothing to do with the lack of funding to deport illegal aliens as they are found and regardless of whether or not they have been "convicted" of other crimes or not. I don't know what you consider an attack on you or what trash is being posted. IMO, based on some of your arguments denoting that illegal aliens are a benefit to our country (crop picking was one of them) and some others I think you are less anti-illegal immigration than you claim and most of us in here are staunch objectors to illegal immigration so it's not been a good fit for you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 02:37 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,507,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
And this is why too many Americans are soft on illegal immigration today. They have never set foot in California or Florida or other areas being overrun by illegals, yet when they hear talk of enforcing immigration law they think 'gosh my ancestors would've been turned away, and I wouldn't be an American today.' Uh no--we are living in completely different times than 1840. I can't even read people like this author anymore who blur the lines between legal and illegal, ignore that the fact that were was no welfare state back then, and make no mention of the fact that one-third of immigrants who couldn't cut it back then went home! Nobody goes home now.

And at least the Irish speak English!
Haven't seen the Irish having litters of kids begging in the welfare offices either.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:59 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,145,594 times
[quote=Oldglory;41534150]The head of Homeland Security gets its orders from Obama. Obama uses EO and bypasses congress to dictate what he can and can't do. It has nothing to do with the lack of funding to deport illegal aliens as they are found and regardless of whether or not they have been "convicted" of other crimes or not. I don't know what you consider an attack on you or what trash is being posted. IMO, based on some of your arguments denoting that illegal aliens are a benefit to our country (crop picking was one of them) and some others I think you are less anti-illegal immigration than you claim and most of us in here are staunch objectors to illegal immigration so it's not been a good fit for you.[/quote]

The warning had nothing to to with this thread but another unrelated post- totally on another subject-

It doesn't matter what people think- if I fit or not- they have no clue what I do for a living- or what I see on a regular basis- or even who I am...however- I am against illegal entry- period- but see a much bigger picture- of how to fix things- and whose to blame-- OK- time for dinner

Old 10-12-2015, 04:43 PM

[quote=tinytrump;41535546]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The head of Homeland Security gets its orders from Obama. Obama uses EO and bypasses congress to dictate what he can and can't do. It has nothing to do with the lack of funding to deport illegal aliens as they are found and regardless of whether or not they have been "convicted" of other crimes or not. I don't know what you consider an attack on you or what trash is being posted. IMO, based on some of your arguments denoting that illegal aliens are a benefit to our country (crop picking was one of them) and some others I think you are less anti-illegal immigration than you claim and most of us in here are staunch objectors to illegal immigration so it's not been a good fit for you.[/quote]

The warning had nothing to to with this thread but another unrelated post- totally on another subject-

It doesn't matter what people think- if I fit or not- they have no clue what I do for a living- or what I see on a regular basis- or even who I am...however- I am against illegal entry- period- but see a much bigger picture- of how to fix things- and whose to blame-- OK- time for dinner
All I did was to reply to your remarks. I suggest you re-read your own remarks. I was just suggesting that since you seem to feel frustrated with the posters in here by claiming they are talking trash or attacking you then maybe this forum isn't to your liking. I would never tell a poster that they "can't" post in here. What you do for a living or who you are is irrelevant. We've already offered good solutions to the problem of illegal immigration and pointed out who is to blame. So what's the bigger picture then?

There is a threefold blame here though....our government, the employers and the illegal aliens themselves. None of these three groups are the innocents in all of this. You say you oppose illegal entry and so do the rest of us but we don't want amnesty for them after they did that either. We want them to deport themselves by removing all of the incentives that encourage them to stay here. It will also deter future illegal immigration. You seem to have a defeatist attitude that we won't get our government to cooperate on those things and maybe that's true but we will continue to fight for that but what are you offering as a solution in lieu of that? Trump is the only one who seems to be listening to the American people so far on this issue. At least it holds out some hope for us.

Last edited by Oldglory; 10-12-2015 at 04:56 PM..

Old 10-12-2015, 05:06 PM

9,788 posts, read 7,654,581 times
I'd bet the rent money if people who are opposed to illegals would stop going to restaurants and stop doing work on their houses it would stop in a month.

You should have seen the carpet salesman who thought we had a deal when I ask if his installers were legal. If not, that was a deal killer.

Last edited by crone; 10-12-2015 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: wording

Old 10-12-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I'd bet the rent money if people who are opposed to illegals would stop going to restaurants and stop doing work on their houses it would stop in a month.

You should have seen the carpet salesman who thought we had a deal when I ask if his installers were legal. If not, that was a deal killer.
It's hard to tell who uses illegal aliens in the restaurant business though. It isn't our place to question the employees that is up to their employers. It is also up to the contractors to see that their employees are legal workers also. However, there are those home owners that pick up illegal aliens in front of hardware stores, etc. and give them work. They then are the guilty ones and yes that should stop.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:51 PM

9,788 posts, read 7,654,581 times
Quote:
It's hard to tell who uses illegal aliens in the restaurant business though. It isn't our place to question the employees that is up to their employers. It is also up to the contractors to see that their employees are legal workers also. However, there are those home owners that pick up illegal aliens in front of hardware stores, etc. and give them work. They then are the guilty ones and yes that should stop.
Sorry to,contradict, it is my place to question anyplace where I'm spending my money. I have been told be several friends who manage restaurants that they would be dead in the water if the people in the kitchen had to be legal.

Since I'm in Texas YMMV.

We have no state income tax and contractors do not have to be licensed. There is no way for the state to determine anything about any bodies status with ICE.

Several years ago, our state comptroller ask the lege to at least come up with a way to determine how much the state spent on undocumented people. At that time, the state had no way of knowing how much was being spent on illegals. The lege really did. or want to do that.

I do know what restaurant and donut chains have plead guilty to hiring illegals. It sometimes makes the papers. Only an idiot would patronize those places. But many do since they are still in business.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:17 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,145,594 times
[quote=Oldglory;41535949]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post

All I did was to reply to your remarks. I suggest you re-read your own remarks. I was just suggesting that since you seem to feel frustrated with the posters in here by claiming they are talking trash or attacking you then maybe this forum isn't to your liking. I would never tell a poster that they "can't" post in here. What you do for a living or who you are is irrelevant. We've already offered good solutions to the problem of illegal immigration and pointed out who is to blame. So what's the bigger picture then?

There is a threefold blame here though....our government, the employers and the illegal aliens themselves. None of these three groups are the innocents in all of this. You say you oppose illegal entry and so do the rest of us but we don't want amnesty for them after they did that either. We want them to deport themselves by removing all of the incentives that encourage them to stay here. It will also deter future illegal immigration. You seem to have a defeatist attitude that we won't get our government to cooperate on those things and maybe that's true but we will continue to fight for that but what are you offering as a solution in lieu of that? Trump is the only one who seems to be listening to the American people so far on this issue. At least it holds out some hope for us.
If Trump does not win? WE still have to fix this problem. We are bursting at the seams.
The bigger picture would be to address all three not just one side of the problem which is what most politicians talk abut - yes -TRUMP is the only candidate who wants real change, and addresses all of the issues. Can he win? -and can he push forward and make it happen. ? We will have to wait and see.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Sorry to,contradict, it is my place to question anyplace where I'm spending my money. I have been told be several friends who manage restaurants that they would be dead in the water if the people in the kitchen had to be legal.

Since I'm in Texas YMMV.

We have no state income tax and contractors do not have to be licensed. There is no way for the state to determine anything about any bodies status with ICE.

Several years ago, our state comptroller ask the lege to at least come up with a way to determine how much the state spent on undocumented people. At that time, the state had no way of knowing how much was being spent on illegals. The lege really did. or want to do that.

I do know what restaurant and donut chains have plead guilty to hiring illegals. It sometimes makes the papers. Only an idiot would patronize those places. But many do since they are still in business.
You can ask all you want but do you think the employers would tell you the truth? It is their responsibility to make sure they have legal workers not the public. It's quite different if it has been publicized that a particular business used illegal alien workers but that's not what we are talking about. Most businesses haven't been caught at it yet. If a restaurant or any other business can't survive without illegal workers then they need to go out of business because they are breaking the law!

Contractors don't have to be licensed in Texas according to the law? You have a link to your claims of course? There is no way for the state to determine if one is here illegally? How do you figure? It's a requirement that one provide valid ID to work in this country. The state doesn't don't know how much they spend on illegal aliens (not undocumented people no such thing)? Funny, I have articles that state otherwise for most states including what it is costing the state of Texas from the anchor baby fiasco.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:31 PM

8,858 posts, read 10,318,535 times
Quote:
You can ask all you want but do you think the employers would tell you the truth? It is their responsibility to make sure they have legal workers not the public. It's quite different if it has been publicized that a particular business used illegal alien workers but that's not what we are talking about. Most businesses haven't been caught at it yet. If a restaurant or any other business can't survive without illegal workers then they need to go out of business because they are breaking the law!

Contractors don't have to be licensed in Texas according to the law? You have a link to your claims of course? There is no way for the state to determine if one is here illegally? How do you figure? It's a requirement that one provide valid ID to work in this country. The state doesn't don't know how much they spend on illegal aliens (not undocumented people no such thing)? Funny, I have articles that state otherwise for most states including what it is costing the state of Texas from the anchor baby fiasco.
Contractor Conundrum: licensing not required in Texas | KXAN.com When you live in Texas, and if you're smart, you make sure your contractor is licensed (and bonded) because it is not required. Plenty of contractors tend to pick up the day laborers you mentioned in another post in this thread. There's a reason why those guys are hanging out in parking lots waiting for a job, and that's because it works. They do get picked up for jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or