U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-08-2015, 08:35 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Reputation: 5895

Advertisements

Security ministers from the European Union’s 28 countries agreed Thursday to step up deportations of people deemed to be “economic migrants” seeking a better life rather than refugees fleeing war and persecution. The ministers also decided to beef up the EU’s border agency, Frontex, and to create a dedicated deportation office within it.

'Not Welcome' sign: Europeans take steps to head off economic migrants - LA Times

Good! Now maybe the US will do the same thing with OUR illegal alien problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-08-2015, 08:52 PM
 
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
1,017 posts, read 554,032 times
Reputation: 1626
Our illegal aliens are also "economic migrants." The pro-illegals cry out "They are just looking for a better life" or the one that galls me, "They want to be a part of the American Dream." Yeah, me, too. Forty years of paying taxes in the US has gotten me nowhere near any kind of dream. Rather, I am slipping backwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2015, 06:06 AM
 
31,540 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Our illegal aliens are also "economic migrants." The pro-illegals cry out "They are just looking for a better life" or the one that galls me, "They want to be a part of the American Dream." Yeah, me, too. Forty years of paying taxes in the US has gotten me nowhere near any kind of dream. Rather, I am slipping backwards.
Yeah, economic gain on the backs of the American taxpayer/worker. What right do they have to a better life by stealing jobs, resources and taxes from the rightful citizens of this country by violating our immigration laws?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2015, 09:27 AM
 
25,346 posts, read 37,490,972 times
Reputation: 13268
In the Netherlands one town of 700 people just got 1400 economic immigrants planted on their door steps. Some tenants who are behind in rent are forced out to be replaced by immigrants who get rents paid by the government!

How long do you think this will last....this is just one of the many places where immigrants are dropped off in the middle of the night.

On top of that many of these immigrants don't like each other much and many fights have been broken out and more to come as they all want more freebies and do nothing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2015, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,886 posts, read 5,996,235 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
In the Netherlands one town of 700 people just got 1400 economic immigrants planted on their door steps. Some tenants who are behind in rent are forced out to be replaced by immigrants who get rents paid by the government!

How long do you think this will last....this is just one of the many places where immigrants are dropped off in the middle of the night.

On top of that many of these immigrants don't like each other much and many fights have been broken out and more to come as they all want more freebies and do nothing!
Europe will not be European for much longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2015, 07:18 AM
 
25,346 posts, read 37,490,972 times
Reputation: 13268
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Europe will not be European for much longer.

It is already not the Europe we knew growing up and having lived there for decades.

Amsterdam used to be a city where people from all Nations would come and it was exciting to hear all the different languages and young people hang out and get to know different habits.

Now the city is overflow with muslims and many Dutch people don't feel safe any longer.

Jewish people who lived in peace after WWll were going their own way and were that noticeable and if you would see them because of the way they dressed or other items showing them to be Jewish they were safe. Now they have to hide again and not from the Germans but from young muslim men who will beat tem up or spit in their face and most Jewish people removed jewish signs and it is sad that my own mom who is a Holocaust survivor has to go through this again.

Last time we left from Schiphol airport the check in was close to Turkey Airlines and I never had seen so many muslims dressed like very religion people and we were clearly the minority amongst the scarfs, burka's, etc. and we to hear the majority speak Arabic is weird as it is a Dutch airport.

We had to wait for 5 hours due to delays and no where else where we walked was the signs of foreigners so overwhelming as for the muslims as other foreigners dress like every one else or the fashion shows a little bit where they are from but since muslims don't assimilate it is clear they want to push their religion and habits on others. Otherwise we would have seen modern dressed muslims but it seems that is very rare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2015, 07:30 AM
 
Location: Posting from my space yacht.
6,838 posts, read 2,547,874 times
Reputation: 12757
I don't know what everyone's getting so worked up about. Except for a few "far right wingers" most of Europe welcomes the migration in the name of tolerance and diversity. Instead of getting upset about it, grab some popcorn and watch them choke on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2015, 08:17 AM
 
31,540 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I don't know what everyone's getting so worked up about. Except for a few "far right wingers" most of Europe welcomes the migration in the name of tolerance and diversity. Instead of getting upset about it, grab some popcorn and watch them choke on it.
I say to heck with tolerance and diversity. The governments of every country should be looking out for their own citizens first. You don't have to be a so-called far right winger to have your priorities straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2015, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Cali
3,886 posts, read 5,996,235 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It is already not the Europe we knew growing up and having lived there for decades.

Amsterdam used to be a city where people from all Nations would come and it was exciting to hear all the different languages and young people hang out and get to know different habits.

Now the city is overflow with muslims and many Dutch people don't feel safe any longer.

Jewish people who lived in peace after WWll were going their own way and were that noticeable and if you would see them because of the way they dressed or other items showing them to be Jewish they were safe. Now they have to hide again and not from the Germans but from young muslim men who will beat tem up or spit in their face and most Jewish people removed jewish signs and it is sad that my own mom who is a Holocaust survivor has to go through this again.

Last time we left from Schiphol airport the check in was close to Turkey Airlines and I never had seen so many muslims dressed like very religion people and we were clearly the minority amongst the scarfs, burka's, etc. and we to hear the majority speak Arabic is weird as it is a Dutch airport.

We had to wait for 5 hours due to delays and no where else where we walked was the signs of foreigners so overwhelming as for the muslims as other foreigners dress like every one else or the fashion shows a little bit where they are from but since muslims don't assimilate it is clear they want to push their religion and habits on others. Otherwise we would have seen modern dressed muslims but it seems that is very rare.
Well that pretty much tells me that western ways are on "Life support" in Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2015, 09:02 AM
 
Location: Murphy, North Carolina
2,060 posts, read 930,532 times
Reputation: 1689
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Well that pretty much tells me that western ways are on "Life support" in Europe.
Unfortunately, yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top