U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:47 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,659,209 times

Advertisements

Retirees who have worked all their lives and payed taxes and played by the rules do not get any breaks. Why dont we look after their interest first, instead of law breakers who are not even citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 01:49 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
The story has no substance to it. That is why so many people are misinformed these days. They hear a rumor, and they run with it.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:53 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The story has no substance to it. That is why so many people are misinformed these days. They hear a rumor, and they run with it.
It's true and it's on the news. Look at the ticklers running across the bottom of the screens. It's not all illegals just those that pay taxes. How they do that and get away with it is beyond me. They had a radio talk show host on Fox that made a good point. If we know where these illegals are that are paying taxes why aren't we picking them up for deportation, seizing their assests and prosecuting the employers??? Just another sample of our nutso folks in Washington screwing things up again. To hell with the legal taxpayers and retirees........

Old 01-30-2008, 01:57 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,659,209 times
To be honest I would not have any problem with illegals getting a rebate check if they could prove they payed taxes on their earned income. But only if our retirees could also get a check because they pay taxes too.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:00 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Sorry, I didn't see this when I posted my thread. This is indeed a fact; as is the fact that our seniors are being ignored. I received the following email from a friend at AARP.

We need your help.

Yesterday, the U.S. House of Representatives passed economic stimulus legislation that would offer rebates to millions of American taxpayers. But, unless Senators alter this plan, the majority of Americans over 65 will be left out – including 20 million seniors who rely primarily on Social Security.

Senator Max Baucus has offered a proposal that would help approximately 20 million older Americans who primarily depend on Social Security for retirement income. This plan would also enhance unemployment insurance, which is especially important for older workers who have a more difficult time finding new employment after a job loss.

The Senate plan improves on the House proposal by:

Putting money into the hands of people who will more quickly put it back into the economy, and
Targeting those Americans who need it most.
It is more timely, targeted – and fair.

Tell Senators Mikulski and Cardin to support an economic stimulus plan that is timely, targeted and fair – and includes Americans of all ages.

Don’t delay! This issue is moving fast and time is short. Make your voice heard today and let your Senators know that older Americans should be included.

Once you take action, you can really help us get the ball rolling by forwarding this email to your friends and family asking them to help by making a call or sending an email. We need to make sure that Senators hear from us, as this issue is critical to the financial security of millions of older Americans.

Thank you for your support!

Sincerely,

The AARP Advocacy Team

Issues and Elections Important to Citizens over 50 - AARP

Old 01-30-2008, 02:02 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
It's true and it's on the news. Look at the ticklers running across the bottom of the screens. It's not all illegals just those that pay taxes. How they do that and get away with it is beyond me. They had a radio talk show host on Fox that made a good point. If we know where these illegals are that are paying taxes why aren't we picking them up for deportation, seizing their assests and prosecuting the employers??? Just another sample of our nutso folks in Washington screwing things up again. To hell with the legal taxpayers and retirees........
I certainly would like to know the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or