U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 01:41 PM

31,500 posts, read 14,580,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
In North Carolina a REPUBLICAN state senator just introduced a bill that would give "undocumented immigrants" in-state tuition: NC Senate Bill Could Give Undocumented Students In-State Tuition. I hope North Carolinians are privy to this and give this man a piece of their mind. He must be in the pocket of that greedy Big Ag that relies on illegals to pick their crops. That and the fact that the short-sighted GOP thinks these Mexican and Central American illegals will soon become citizens and vote for their party.
Undocumented immigrants.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 05:30 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,074,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Undocumented immigrants.....
What I don't get is that in order to start school, we had to show birth certificates when I was a kid and later with my kids, a birth certificate and SSN. So, what is this "undocumented"?

They could have went this route: TX police see rise in fake documents among illegal aliens | The American Mirror which many do.

They should be deported with their parents, they brought them in so they take them out. When your parents are criminals, which those entering the US most certainly are, you suffer but hopefully learn to do better by your own children.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
What I don't get is that in order to start school, we had to show birth certificates when I was a kid and later with my kids, a birth certificate and SSN. So, what is this "undocumented"?

They could have went this route: TX police see rise in fake documents among illegal aliens | The American Mirror which many do.

They should be deported with their parents, they brought them in so they take them out. When your parents are criminals, which those entering the US most certainly are, you suffer but hopefully learn to do better by your own children.
Unfortunately, it has been the law for some time now that we have to educate foreigners living on our soil even if they are here illegally.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:16 PM

11,501 posts, read 5,515,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

These days, kids that are illegal aliens don't have to show a birth certificate. Schools are just supposed to take the parent/guardian's word that the kid is who they claim him/her to be. Yet American citizen kids have to show birth certificates before they are allowed in school. I know this for a fact. When our daughter's twins went to start kindergarten, she was told this. Of course, she never arranged to get a copy of their birth certificates well in advance but I digress. So, she had to wait for the birth certificates to arrive before the kids were allowed in school.

It's just unbelievable that Americans are expected to obey the laws but illegals get a pass

Old 10-13-2015, 07:08 AM

21,492 posts, read 10,404,947 times
Many angry people out there and the politically correct nonsense that the left and Rinos dictate have slowly infiltrated into the public arena and harnessed that anger.. it has now boiled over and we are all fed up with our government!!

Both parties are wrong.. the left was for the working man , now they are for the illegals ..the unions are waking up.. the established Rinos have moved so far left they care more about illegals than Americans.. We are moving into a global society where American citizens , whether Republican or Democrat are given the shaft by the ruling body.

Americans have been trained through political correctness to accept a back seat while we are fleeced though Obamacare, illegal immigration, and debt . This country has become unrecognizable.

Old 10-13-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Many angry people out there and the politically correct nonsense that the left and Rinos dictate have slowly infiltrated into the public arena and harnessed that anger.. it has now boiled over and we are all fed up with our government!!

Both parties are wrong.. the left was for the working man , now they are for the illegals ..the unions are waking up.. the established Rinos have moved so far left they care more about illegals than Americans.. We are moving into a global society where American citizens , whether Republican or Democrat are given the shaft by the ruling body.

Americans have been trained through political correctness to accept a back seat while we are fleeced though Obamacare, illegal immigration, and debt . This country has become unrecognizable.
I couldn't agree more.

Old 10-13-2015, 07:58 AM

2,060 posts, read 930,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

God yes, are you right. Very right.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:50 AM

25,345 posts, read 37,490,972 times
In Florida illegal aliens also get In State tuition if they can proof to live here for more than 2 years as it seems the requirement.

Rep. Fell for the compassion instead of implementing the law.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
In Florida illegal aliens also get In State tuition if they can proof to live here for more than 2 years as it seems the requirement.

Rep. Fell for the compassion instead of implementing the law.
But no compassion for our own citizens. Seems like that is the going trend now.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:06 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Osvaldo Bastida is trying to pay for college. However, he has no grants, no financial aid, no chance for federal work-study and one scholarship from his high school cross-country coach. With an employment authorization card, he’s only allowed to work, not claim citizenship.
As an undocumented student, Bastida is paying about $3,000 for two classes each semester at Dalton State College. But, should the Georgia Supreme Court rule in favor of the plaintiffs suing the University System of Georgia’s Board of Regents (BOR) for in-state tuition, Bastida may be eligible for it someday.

Undocumented college students fight for in-state tuition through the Supreme Court | USA TODAY College

Bastida: I DON'T care about your problems in the US; you're an ILLEGAL alien and really NEED to be in jail till deported. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or