U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 03:21 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,315,239 times

Advertisements

Gov. McCrory, it's your move. In North Carolina, a bill that would restrict forms of ID for non-citizens and prevent local governments from having "sanctuary city" policies has landed on the desk of Gov. Pat McCrory (R). Under the proposed law, local governments would also be banned from preventing their law enforcement officers from asking a suspect's immigration status. The Republican sponsor of the bill said that it will address the problem of "illegal aliens" having "a sense of belonging here."

A mean-spirited immigration bill in North Carolina | TheHill

Allowing illegal aliens to stay in the US is mean spirited. If their kind are so mad about "breaking up the families"; the spouse and kids can just follow the deported illegal alien. No problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 03:37 PM

23,625 posts, read 31,227,884 times
I think this nation has lost its collective mind.

"Mean-spirited"? Really? Good lord.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:42 PM

31,796 posts, read 14,647,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

I know, how is it mean-spirited to enforce our immigration laws? We enforce our other laws, don't we and it's usually against our own citizens. Foreigners here illegally should get a pass?

Old 10-14-2015, 04:47 PM

11,571 posts, read 5,541,332 times
I noticed the woman with the "stop separating families" sign. If any families get separated, it is the fault of the illegal aliens. No one invited them here and no one told them to have anchor babies. If the parents get deported and they are decent parents, they would take their kids with them. That whole "separating families" meme is getting really, really old.

Governor McCrory --- do the right thing and sign this bill into law! Stand your ground, North Carolina!

Old 10-14-2015, 05:04 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,112,104 times
I just hope they don't come to my state. That's good reason for other states to get on board with this.

I don't want to separate the families. I want the whole bunch of them to load up their truck and head south. They all have nice, new crewcab pickups which we would have also if someone else would have supported our kids from birth through to adulthood and often beyond! You have to wonder how close family ties are in the cultures that these illegals are coming from when if the child isn't consider a way to benefits for the parents that they have no use for them.

I hope they take information down when they protest like this so they can be more easily apprehended in the future!

I hope this goes through because it will encourage other states to do likewise especially since our poor excuse for a President thinks the laws only apply to people legally in the US.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:13 PM

14,352 posts, read 7,454,498 times
Using your family, especially children, as leverage, thats "mean spirited". Following your constituents wishes is doing your job.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:47 PM

2,064 posts, read 934,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

This nation lost it's mind a long time ago, unfortunately.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:12 PM

32,831 posts, read 30,118,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I know, how is it mean-spirited to enforce our immigration laws? We enforce our other laws, don't we and it's usually against our own citizens. Foreigners here illegally should get a pass?
The last ditch, lame effort to shame people after all other approaches to persuade have failed.

They broke laws, usually many.

Mean spirited. Is that all they have left? I'd wear that proudly vs let criminals roam free.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:23 PM

13,155 posts, read 16,899,196 times
Finally NC is doing not only the right thing, but the sane thing.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:02 PM

4,543 posts, read 1,954,194 times
So a lawyer from New York City thinks he can tell the people of North Carolina to accept foreign invasion. His whole article was about not making things harder for "immigrant families" (there are no single, childless illegal aliens?) but what about not making them harder on North Carolinians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or