U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 11:27 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
I would think one of the interesting side effects is the Texas law makes it practically impossible for Mexican illegal immigrants to return to Mexico. They cannot get documents for their American children that would let them enter Mexico without a birth certificate.
If they were going to return home, why do they need it to get medical care (Medicaid most likely), housing (welfare) and to register for school. I believe I read that one woman said she didn't have a problem 13 years ago using the document to get a birth certificate for another child. 13 years is a real long visit.

The law is no birth certificate without acceptable documents.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:36 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,142,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
If they were going to return home, why do they need it to get medical care (Medicaid most likely), housing (welfare) and to register for school. I believe I read that one woman said she didn't have a problem 13 years ago using the document to get a birth certificate for another child. 13 years is a real long visit.

You really don't understand that without the birth certificate for their American children they can't return to Mexico? Got to have a birth certificate to get either an American or Mexican passport for the kid.

So Texas is preventing the illegal aliens from leaving. And a wise Mexican of whatever flavor would not leave the US without getting the child's birth certificate straight.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:13 PM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Well to many they aren't citizens and rightfully so. They are illegal plain and simple.
According to the 14th Amendment they aren't really citizens of this country because their parents gave birth to them while here illegally. The kids themselves however, are not here illegally they were just born on our soil but subject to the jurisdiction of their parent's homeland.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:

All the Mexican parents would have to do is prove their own citizenship in Mexico and their kids would automatically be Mexican citizens also. Doesn't matter where they were born or if they have a birth certificate or not.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:51 PM

46,054 posts, read 28,271,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
According to the 14th Amendment they aren't really citizens of this country because their parents gave birth to them while here illegally. The kids themselves however, are not here illegally they were just born on our soil but subject to the jurisdiction of their parent's homeland.
Where does it say that in the 14th Amendment? That amendment says nothing about one's status in the US legally or illegally, it just says if born in the US, then you are a US Citizen.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
All the Mexican parents would have to do is prove their own citizenship in Mexico and their kids would automatically be Mexican citizens also. Doesn't matter where they were born or if they have a birth certificate or not.
Nope. Like in virtually all nations they need a birth certificate to establish parentage. No way around it. Can't get one...can't establish parentage and cannot get the kid into Mexico.

Old 10-19-2015, 02:09 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
You really don't understand that without the birth certificate for their American children they can't return to Mexico? Got to have a birth certificate to get either an American or Mexican passport for the kid.

So Texas is preventing the illegal aliens from leaving. And a wise Mexican of whatever flavor would not leave the US without getting the child's birth certificate straight.
So, they were just wanting to leave? I am sure when deportations begin that this will be worked out. Again, I am sorry that their criminal parents have done this to them but criminals do that. We have our own criminals that don't think or care about what happens to their kids too. The parents need to get the required documents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Where does it say that in the 14th Amendment? That amendment says nothing about one's status in the US legally or illegally, it just says if born in the US, then you are a US Citizen.
The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution - Fourteenth Amendment - anchor babies and birthright citizenship - interpretations and misinterpretations - US Constitution and Did Congress ever confer citizenship on anchor babies? - NetRight Daily and Birthright Citizenship in the United States: A Global Comparison | Center for Immigration Studies and http://constitutioncenter.org/media/...irthRights.pdf

Again, the parents need to produce the needed documents. It would be the same for every child to get a birth certificate. A birth certificate is a big deal and shouldn't be issued casually thus the rules.

I don't see why this is so hard to get. There is a list of acceptable documents, get the documents, get the birth certificate. No documents? No birth certificate.

They can get the kid back into Mexico the same way they got in, illegally. I am sure that works both ways. The family can say it was a home birth and get a birth certificate in Mexico. I am sure they have home births there. And, to say to me if I expect them to lie, don't bother since the fact that they entered the US illegally pretty much sums up their moral compass.

So, they go home the way they came and take their babies with them.

Old 10-19-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
So, they were just wanting to leave? I am sure when deportations begin that this will be worked out. Again, I am sorry that their criminal parents have done this to them but criminals do that. We have our own criminals that don't think or care about what happens to their kids too. The parents need to get the required documents.
The documents are simply a normal governing document provided to all. Texas has decided to screw around with that and make it hard to impossible for a group of people to get that document. The result is that group is prevented from doing a number of things including leaving the country with their children.

So Texas is effectively preventing illegal aliens with children from returning to Mexico. Simple as that. And note that at this point in time the flow of Mexican illegal aliens is net out not in.

Old 10-19-2015, 03:13 PM

The 14th Amendment doesn't just state that if you are born here you are automatically a citizen. There are qualifiers. The parent's have to not be subject to any other country's jurisdiction or allegiance. Thus the qualifier "and" subject to the jurisdiction. That's why children born from Diplomats aren't citizens of our country. Their parents aren't subject to our jurisdiction. Another qualifier is "permanent domicile". Illegal aliens do not have permanent domicile in our country because by law you have to be a citizen or be here legally. They are neither.

Old 10-19-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
The 14th Amendment doesn't just state that if you are born here you are automatically a citizen. There are qualifiers. The parent's have to not be subject to any other country's jurisdiction or allegiance. Thus the qualifier "and" subject to the jurisdiction. That's why children born from Diplomats aren't citizens of our country. Their parents aren't subject to our jurisdiction. Another qualifier is "permanent domicile". Illegal aliens do not have permanent domicile in our country because by law you have to be a citizen or be here legally. They are neither.
Where do you get this silliness. It says "and subject to the jurisdiction". It says nothing about not subject to the jurisdiction of another country. Any number of us could be subject to the jurisdiction of some other state as well as the US. We have a candidate for President who could well be subject to the Jurisdiction of Canada and Cuba. That does not keep him from American citizenship.

Wong Kim Ark settled the issue. His parents not only were not citizens by law they could never be...yet he was. Can't get any more definitive than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or