Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 09:27 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times

Advertisements

DENVER (AP) — Colorado immigrant advocates frustrated over long waiting periods for people who want driver's licenses regardless of their legal status vowed to pressure lawmakers in the coming months to free up money so the program can meet demand.

Battle looming over Colorado immigrant driver's licenses

How about you illegal aliens just LEAVE??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 09:44 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
DENVER (AP) — Colorado immigrant advocates frustrated over long waiting periods for people who want driver's licenses regardless of their legal status vowed to pressure lawmakers in the coming months to free up money so the program can meet demand.

Battle looming over Colorado immigrant driver's licenses

How about you illegal aliens just LEAVE??
"Immigrant" advocates? We should free up our tax dollars so illegal aliens can get driver's licenses when they don't even have a right to be in this country? Are they nuts?

Old 10-14-2015, 09:48 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"Immigrant" advocates? We should free up our tax dollars so illegal aliens can get driver's licenses when they don't even have a right to be in this country? Are they nuts?
Oh but, they are good for the economy....haven't you heard? Contributing.....more luck sucking the bennies dry..

Old 10-15-2015, 06:50 AM

1,185 posts, read 803,968 times
Ok let me get this straight if I may.

You come here illegally i.e. already broke the law, BUT you want to use the legal system to sue to obtain a privilege reserved for people with legal status?

Shouldn't these illegal aliens be put in jail just for breaking the law for starters??

Old 10-15-2015, 07:23 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Ok let me get this straight if I may.

You come here illegally i.e. already broke the law, BUT you want to use the legal system to sue to obtain a privilege reserved for people with legal status?

Shouldn't these illegal aliens be put in jail just for breaking the law for starters??
You'd think so but from what we are seeing, you would be wrong.

I say, give them licenses, make a note in the system that they are here illegally and you'll have a good start on a database when enforcement begins. I still believe that there names in the databases of the illegals that have been encountered that they were not allowed to do something with and that when enforcement is allowed as per the law, it will "facilitate" enforcement.

Sadly, if you live in an area with illegals, it drives up the cost of your auto insurance because they are more apt to hit and run. It makes for an exciting walk with the dogs when you realize that they are driving, would hit and run and you're also on the lookout for their loose pit bulls.

And, yes, they should be put in jail and deported but only US citizens have to obey the law in the US now.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:46 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

I say, give them licenses, make a note in the system that they are here illegally and you'll have a good start on a database when enforcement begins. I still believe that there names in the databases of the illegals that have been encountered that they were not allowed to do something with and that when enforcement is allowed as per the law, it will "facilitate" enforcement.

Sadly, if you live in an area with illegals, it drives up the cost of your auto insurance because they are more apt to hit and run. It makes for an exciting walk with the dogs when you realize that they are driving, would hit and run and you're also on the lookout for their loose pit bulls.

And, yes, they should be put in jail and deported but only US citizens have to obey the law in the US now.
^^^ This, all of it.

Old 10-15-2015, 01:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Well they should just sue like other illegals have done because illegals have rights too.

FWIW Germany just got sued by a bunch of syrian refugees because it's taking too long for them to get their free housing and financial benefits. They waited a week and that's long enough.

Empowered foreigners folks.

Old 10-15-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well they should just sue like other illegals have done because illegals have rights too.

FWIW Germany just got sued by a bunch of syrian refugees because it's taking too long for them to get their free housing and financial benefits. They waited a week and that's long enough.

Empowered foreigners folks.
They are little ahead of you here: Immigrants without legal status sue for Georgia driver

Old 10-15-2015, 02:52 PM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Heck, embedded tracking chip.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Heck, embedded tracking chip.
Yes, have them line up and give them whatever they want noting that they are illegally in the US.

From a science fiction standpoint: We put a magnet in the driver's licenses, the public assistance credit cards, the free phones and then we take a giant, HUGE magnet and stand at the souther border........... It would have to be a magnet that wouldn't draw from anything except that "special" and demanding population. Well, I can "dream" if they can "dream".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration