U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-23-2015, 04:34 PM
 
31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8350

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post
Those are your words not mine. I stated quite clearly that we should secure the borders. I did not state the reason. But here it is: each country has the right to regulate who comes in and out of its country. Period. If I try to walk in and out countries I deem desirable I would be stopped and forced to go through whatever processes of that nation. That many do not think we have the same right is ludicrous.

S.
These are your words..... "We are being battered on both sides by racists and those who only think in terms of groups". Please explain what you meant then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-23-2015, 04:39 PM
 
31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I'm nineteen and I am very concerned at how politically correct my generation has come. I know this is California where everyone's a winner but being in the Border Patrol shouldn't be insensitive at all as they do protect our border from external threats not just Hispanics as UC Irvine thinks.

UC Irvine is the school that voted to ban the display of the American Flag.
I wasn't aware that UC Irvine banned the American flag. That's unbelievable! The Border Patrol isn't only keeping illegal aliens out but they are preventing criminals and terrorists from getting in also (as best they can). It's truly baffling that we are holding our national security hostage to appease an ethnic group all in the name of PC. As another poster mentioned there are many Hispanic Border Patrol agents. These are jobs that they and other Americans need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2015, 05:14 AM
 
Location: Murphy, North Carolina
2,060 posts, read 929,317 times
Reputation: 1689
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I'm nineteen and I am very concerned at how politically correct my generation has come. I know this is California where everyone's a winner but being in the Border Patrol shouldn't be insensitive at all as they do protect our border from external threats not just Hispanics as UC Irvine thinks.

UC Irvine is the school that voted to ban the display of the American Flag.
Seeing as California has become Mexifornia, I'm not surprised one of their universities would ban our flag.

Despicable, but I'm not shocked.

The state will go even more downhill in 10 years. And in 50 years, it'll be a real-life version of the Elysium movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2015, 02:09 PM
 
599 posts, read 287,605 times
Reputation: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I wasn't aware that UC Irvine banned the American flag. That's unbelievable! The Border Patrol isn't only keeping illegal aliens out but they are preventing criminals and terrorists from getting in also (as best they can). It's truly baffling that we are holding our national security hostage to appease an ethnic group all in the name of PC. As another poster mentioned there are many Hispanic Border Patrol agents. These are jobs that they and other Americans need.
Couldn't agree more!!! You are right many Hispanics are in the Border Patrol. I debate with those who are politically correct all of the time and it is so frustrating because if you say anything about race they result to caking you a racist. When UC Irvine banned the American flag it was brought up by the student council as they believed the flag to be offensive to minorities which is quite ironic since that flag represents freedom and shouldn't be taken offensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2015, 02:22 PM
 
31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
Couldn't agree more!!! You are right many Hispanics are in the Border Patrol. I debate with those who are politically correct all of the time and it is so frustrating because if you say anything about race they result to caking you a racist. When UC Irvine banned the American flag it was brought up by the student council as they believed the flag to be offensive to minorities which is quite ironic since that flag represents freedom and shouldn't be taken offensive.
How can our flag be offensive to minorities? Minorities are citizens also. That makes no sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2015, 06:45 PM
 
19,237 posts, read 11,137,433 times
Reputation: 8386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
According to several reports, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the parent agency of the Border Patrol, voluntarily pulled out after a petition drive gathered several hundred signatures and objections were raised by the president of the Associated Students of UC Irvine. Both asserted that the Border Patrol's participation was insensitive to the school's hundreds of undocumented students. "We cannot expect undocumented students to not be unhappy or frustrated, that's only natural," said Parshan Khosravi, head of the student group.

No Border Patrol at UC Irvine career fair, and that's a shame - LA Times

I'm surprised the LA Times would even post up a story like this because that rag's an illegal alien lover.

Too: people need to be "sensitive" to illegal aliens, cuff and stuff their kind on sight then deport. Period.

THE GOVT is on a CR-- DO you know that that means?? NOOO MONEY- no oil changes on G-rides - no FED EX, NO RANGE practice, NO extra travel - no purchases- no t-3 wires- NO surveillance- NO undercover ops-- no deportations $$- and NO HIRING! -it basically comes to a crawl-- this is what you want! soo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2015, 07:04 PM
 
31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
THE GOVT is on a CR-- DO you know that that means?? NOOO MONEY- no oil changes on G-rides - no FED EX, NO RANGE practice, NO extra travel - no purchases- no t-3 wires- NO surveillance- NO undercover ops-- no deportations $$- and NO HIRING! -it basically comes to a crawl-- this is what you want! soo
Nonsense. They sure can find money for their pet projects though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2015, 11:17 PM
 
599 posts, read 287,605 times
Reputation: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How can our flag be offensive to minorities? Minorities are citizens also. That makes no sense to me.
Who knows!! That's what the student council decided. Couldn't live in California as it's to oppressive and college students like this are very PC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2015, 08:25 AM
 
31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
Who knows!! That's what the student council decided. Couldn't live in California as it's to oppressive and college students like this are very PC.
Knowing how PC Calif. has become by using the word "minorities" what they actually are referring to are illegal alien students. Gee, they come to the U.S. for a better life (or their parents brought them here) and yet they are offended by our flag or any other patriotic symbols?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2015, 09:42 AM
 
599 posts, read 287,605 times
Reputation: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Knowing how PC Calif. has become by using the word "minorities" what they actually are referring to are illegal alien students. Gee, they come to the U.S. for a better life (or their parents brought them here) and yet they are offended by our flag or any other patriotic symbols?
It's a sad state of affairs when people are offended so easily. It's funny I know they will support the enforcement of various laws and yet they support the harboring of illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top