Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 08:06 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times

Advertisements

According to several reports, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the parent agency of the Border Patrol, voluntarily pulled out after a petition drive gathered several hundred signatures and objections were raised by the president of the Associated Students of UC Irvine. Both asserted that the Border Patrol's participation was insensitive to the school's hundreds of undocumented students. "We cannot expect undocumented students to not be unhappy or frustrated, that's only natural," said Parshan Khosravi, head of the student group.

No Border Patrol at UC Irvine career fair, and that's a shame - LA Times

I'm surprised the LA Times would even post up a story like this because that rag's an illegal alien lover.

Too: people need to be "sensitive" to illegal aliens, cuff and stuff their kind on sight then deport. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 08:20 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
According to several reports, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the parent agency of the Border Patrol, voluntarily pulled out after a petition drive gathered several hundred signatures and objections were raised by the president of the Associated Students of UC Irvine. Both asserted that the Border Patrol's participation was insensitive to the school's hundreds of undocumented students. "We cannot expect undocumented students to not be unhappy or frustrated, that's only natural," said Parshan Khosravi, head of the student group.

No Border Patrol at UC Irvine career fair, and that's a shame - LA Times

I'm surprised the LA Times would even post up a story like this because that rag's an illegal alien lover.

Too: people need to be "sensitive" to illegal aliens, cuff and stuff their kind on sight then deport. Period.
"Undocumented" students?

Old 10-22-2015, 11:09 AM

3,886 posts, read 4,539,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
2 plus 2 equals 5

Old 10-22-2015, 11:27 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
We're circling the drain.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:51 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Just when I think things can't get anymore ridiculous, they do. Border patrol is a decent, respectable way to make a living and these illegal students are curtailing the career options of thousands of American students. Perhaps UC-Irvine would like to give back the money they receive from the federal government? They're mostly hurting Hispanic students, since Border Patrol is in need of bilingual Spanish speakers.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:45 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,286,246 times
Default A Focus on the Entirety of Immigration is Needed

Of course the US should secure its borders. Doing so will move the conversation on immigration forward to include all forms of immigration.

We are so far behind the curve. We are being battered on both sides by racists and those who only think in terms of groups.

Lost in all of this is the primacy of the individual, the focus of the American Enlightenment.

S.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:05 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post
Of course the US should secure its borders. Doing so will move the conversation on immigration forward to include all forms of immigration.

We are so far behind the curve. We are being battered on both sides by racists and those who only think in terms of groups.

Lost in all of this is the primacy of the individual, the focus of the American Enlightenment.

S.
It's racist to oppose illegal immigration?

Old 10-23-2015, 01:35 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,286,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's racist to oppose illegal immigration?
Those are your words not mine. I stated quite clearly that we should secure the borders. I did not state the reason. But here it is: each country has the right to regulate who comes in and out of its country. Period. If I try to walk in and out countries I deem desirable I would be stopped and forced to go through whatever processes of that nation. That many do not think we have the same right is ludicrous.

S.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:01 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Nothing worse than law enforcement hanging out were criminals are also hanging out. It makes the criminals nervous and uncomfortable. This makes it so hard for criminals to enjoy themselves fully.
Shoplifters hate store security. Speeders hate speed traps and you know drunk drivers hate those check points.
I guess the answer is to do away with law enforcement so that the absolute minority in this country, (That minority being those who ignore our laws) don't have to feel infringed upon.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:05 PM

599 posts, read 401,546 times
I'm nineteen and I am very concerned at how politically correct my generation has come. I know this is California where everyone's a winner but being in the Border Patrol shouldn't be insensitive at all as they do protect our border from external threats not just Hispanics as UC Irvine thinks.

UC Irvine is the school that voted to ban the display of the American Flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration