Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 08:32 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,834,783 times

Advertisements

I guess this goes out to all, but I'm primarily curious to know what the illegal apologists mean by this? I read articles from biased Latino sources online every day. We take in more than a million immigrants per year. More than all other nations COMBINED. How is this system broken? Because every third world degenerate cannot come here without questions asked and get tax payer funded everything?

Does fixing this "broken" system then mean that we should just allow everyone in, especially Latinos? Because they are the only ones I see or read about pushing so hard for this.

Do tell...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 08:40 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
To the apologists it means giving a free pass to all the illegals and lowering our standards/ requirements for immigration, especially for those who come from South of our southern border, i.e. Mexico, central and South America. You don't hear the apologists screaming for relief for Scandinavian illegals or illegals from Liberia.
A real fix is looking at what this nation actually needs. Which is to raise our standards and requirements so that we don't have so many legal immigrants ending up on our welfare systems.In short uneducated, unskilled = not needed and should be excluded. Heartless? Not for those of us paying taxes to support them and certainly not for our own home grown needy that we can't afford to help because our resources are stretched to thin....

Old 10-20-2015, 11:14 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,834,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
To the apologists it means giving a free pass to all the illegals and lowering our standards/ requirements for immigration, especially for those who come from South of our southern border, i.e. Mexico, central and South America. You don't hear the apologists screaming for relief for Scandinavian illegals or illegals from Liberia.
A real fix is looking at what this nation actually needs. Which is to raise our standards and requirements so that we don't have so many legal immigrants ending up on our welfare systems.In short uneducated, unskilled = not needed and should be excluded. Heartless? Not for those of us paying taxes to support them and certainly not for our own home grown needy that we can't afford to help because our resources are stretched to thin....

You hit the nail on the head brother. As an American who makes 150K a year from his salary alone, I want to know who these ding dongs are that are screaming, let's open the borders to all! Do you think it's the people making six figures? Nope. It's the people who stand to benefit from increased welfare, be they recipients of wealth redistribution, or politicians who count on their vote to get elected/re-elected by promising freebies from the excess of those who worked hard to make it? Imagine what I could do if I had my 40K+ a year I pay in taxes back...Instead I get to pay to house, feed, educate, and provide medical care to illegal immigrants who are criminals by default, entering this country. And their failed culture doesn't exactly value hard work and education, just popping out one child after another at the expense of US tax payers. All you have to do is look at SOCAL to see what they have done to the area...

Old 10-20-2015, 11:50 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
I guess this goes out to all, but I'm primarily curious to know what the illegal apologists mean by this? I read articles from biased Latino sources online every day. We take in more than a million immigrants per year. More than all other nations COMBINED. How is this system broken? Because every third world degenerate cannot come here without questions asked and get tax payer funded everything?

Does fixing this "broken" system then mean that we should just allow everyone in, especially Latinos? Because they are the only ones I see or read about pushing so hard for this.

Do tell...
You're right on all accounts. Our supposed broken system also means we should give all those here illegally amnesty according to the pro-illegal apologists. We cannot allow in every immigrant that wants to come here. That's why we have quotas in the first place but they don't care about that either.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:56 AM

2,420 posts, read 3,847,289 times
I ask myself what does "broken" mean? Broken because the politicians don't enforce the immigration laws? Broken because the illegals and their supporters wish that it was much more easier to enter the U.S. and receive handouts?

To me our immigration system is 'broken' because the laws that are already in the books are not enforced by the government and the laws are violated by employers. If the almighty government doesn't care about immigration then it's ballgame over. Illegal immigration will never be fixed.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:33 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
I agree with everyone that posted! It is our "enforcement" that is "broken". And, yes, when I looked through the issues of each candidate, I stopped when I read about them wanting to fix the broken immigration system.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:42 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It is our "enforcement" that is "broken". And, yes, when I looked through the issues of each candidate, I stopped when I read about them wanting to fix the broken immigration system.
19,000 lineal miles of borders, 21,444 border patrol agents, 218 immigration judges 328.000 cases... you do the math and figure out the problem.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:46 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
There is only one part that needs fixed and it's on the enforcement side. IMO based on census legal immigrants of certain Countries should have their quota lowered to be able to immigrate here. For every illegal found living here deduct one legal slot and reduce aid by a said amount equivalent of what the overall impact would be in dollars.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:03 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,484,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post

Do tell...
It basically means the same thing as "comprehensive immigration reform" and "a pathway to citizenship" and is usually accompanied with support of "guest worker programs". All of those phrases are really just used as smoke screens for amnesty supporters. They are all phrases used by people like Bush & Rubio to confuse voters. They'll finish their answer by tossing out a word salad of immigration catch phrases, which is often then praised by the arm chair intellectuals that see it as a smart realistic plan. Sometimes they'll even say something about enforcement, but never explain who stays and who goes.

Basically I just substitute that for the word amnesty when I hear it used.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:04 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
19,000 lineal miles of borders, 21,444 border patrol agents, 218 immigration judges 328.000 cases... you do the math and figure out the problem.
I know the problem. Blog: Obama amnesty includes businesses who hire illegal aliens and Obama Drops The Veto Hammer On GOP Sanctuary Cities Bill a.k.a The Donald Trump Act and Half of New CA Driver's Licenses Go to Illegal Immigrants and I could go on and on and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
It basically means the same thing as "comprehensive immigration reform" and "a pathway to citizenship" and is usually accompanied with support of "guest worker programs". All of those phrases are really just used as smoke screens for amnesty supporters. They are all phrases used by people like Bush & Rubio to confuse voters. They'll finish their answer by tossing out a word salad of immigration catch phrases, which is often then praised by the arm chair intellectuals that see it as a smart realistic plan. Sometimes they'll even say something about enforcement, but never explain who stays and who goes.

Basically I just substitute that for the word amnesty when I hear it used.
"Not enforcing the immigration law called by any other name is still not enforcing the immigration law."

I could never figure out why Bush and Rubio were not accused of being Democrats since their stance on illegal immigration is indeed that of a Democrat and we all know that Trump is held to strict party guidelines, thus being considered a "plant".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration