U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-26-2015, 06:16 PM
 
1,087 posts, read 536,178 times
Reputation: 623

Advertisements

Finally we have a governor with b@lls!!!

Sanctuary City Policies Will

Governor Abbott wrote the tersely worded letter to Sheriff Valdez after her decision to scale back on honoring immigration detainers sent to her jail by the federal government’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Her announcement was reported by Breitbart Texas on October 12.
“’Sanctuary City’ policies like those promoted by your recent decision to implement your own case-by-case immigrant detention plan will no longer be tolerated in Texas,” Abbott began in his letter attached below. “Your decision to not fully honor U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) requests to detain criminal immigrants poses a serious danger to Texans. These detainers provide ICE with the critical notice and time it needs to take incarcerated immigrants into federal custody.”
“Your refusal to fully participate in a federal law enforcement program intended to keep dangerous criminals off the streets leaves the State no choice but to take whatever actions are necessary to protect our fellow Texans,” Abbott continued. “Now more than ever, it is essential that state, federal, and local law enforcement work collaboratively to protect our fellow Texans and to ensure that our laws are upheld, not disregarded.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-26-2015, 06:43 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
4,551 posts, read 1,958,231 times
Reputation: 6854
Go on him! Local officials should not be able to choose whether or not to obey federal immigration law. It's mind-boggling that they've been allowed to do it all these years. Now he needs to apply this to Austin and other large municipalities in TX, as well as repeal in-state tuition for anchor kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 06:56 PM
 
1,087 posts, read 536,178 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Go on him! Local officials should not be able to choose whether or not to obey federal immigration law. It's mind-boggling that they've been allowed to do it all these years. Now he needs to apply this to Austin and other large municipalities in TX, as well as repeal in-state tuition for anchor kids.

Yep. San Antonio has been contemplating becoming a sanctuary city, but I hope Abbott's intentions to enact laws prohibiting it will act as a deterrent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 07:22 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,326,175 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Finally we have a governor with b@lls!!!

Sanctuary City Policies Will

Governor Abbott wrote the tersely worded letter to Sheriff Valdez after her decision to scale back on honoring immigration detainers sent to her jail by the federal government’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Her announcement was reported by Breitbart Texas on October 12.
“’Sanctuary City’ policies like those promoted by your recent decision to implement your own case-by-case immigrant detention plan will no longer be tolerated in Texas,” Abbott began in his letter attached below. “Your decision to not fully honor U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) requests to detain criminal immigrants poses a serious danger to Texans. These detainers provide ICE with the critical notice and time it needs to take incarcerated immigrants into federal custody.”
“Your refusal to fully participate in a federal law enforcement program intended to keep dangerous criminals off the streets leaves the State no choice but to take whatever actions are necessary to protect our fellow Texans,” Abbott continued. “Now more than ever, it is essential that state, federal, and local law enforcement work collaboratively to protect our fellow Texans and to ensure that our laws are upheld, not disregarded.”
IMHO Obama will NOT mess with Texas. That's 1 state that is strong enough to be its own country, especially IF the US did break up over this illegal alien mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 09:32 PM
 
Location: DFW
2,262 posts, read 2,696,472 times
Reputation: 1288
I like Abbott and am glad I voted for him. I hope he takes care of the liberal scum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 11:55 PM
 
1,087 posts, read 536,178 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
I like Abbott and am glad I voted for him. I hope he takes care of the liberal scum.

I love your choices for 2016!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2015, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,127,847 times
Reputation: 18146
I tend to think that Trump has brought all of this front and center so that people are comfortable stepping up because they know that citizens will back them. Before, all we heard was that the majority of Americans supported a "pathway to citizenship" which most of us knew was not true.

I believe that despite what happens with the election that we should be eternally grateful to Trump for bringing this front and center across the nation.

Sanctuary cities? That makes me so angry! https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324 That is against the law.

One pathway, "back to their country of origin" and we need to start prosecuting those people not obeying the law. I saw once a program where they were looking at women in prison, one was there for 17 years for writing bad checks and many of the others, most, were there for non-violent crimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2015, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Murphy, North Carolina
2,064 posts, read 936,240 times
Reputation: 1689
Good for Texas. Now it's time for more states to do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2015, 08:49 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,627 posts, read 31,255,367 times
Reputation: 26701
Lupe Valdez is the Sheriff of Dallas County. I live in Dallas County.

Trust me, nothing's going to change.

Plus, the Governor of Texas is as weak as a newborn kitten (in terms of POWER). The Governor here is little more than a talking head or bully pulpit. The Attorney General, Railroad Commissioner, and the Lege are the ones who get things done around here. Not the Governor.

I'm sure Lupe tossed his letter in the shredder and laughed at it. She sucks.

Unfortunately the Attorney General of Texas, Ken Paxton, is under indictment for some sort of financial scandal (I believe they're trying him in Collin County, directly north of Dallas County) and he's dragging it out for all he's worth. But he's being distracted by it for sure.

And the Railroad Commissioner in Texas is George P. Bush. Jeb's kid. Half-Mexican. You know how pro-illegal the Bushes are.

As for the Lege, they just ended their latest session in August 2015. They won't be back in session until 2017.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2015, 09:44 AM
 
31,863 posts, read 14,670,439 times
Reputation: 8489
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Lupe Valdez is the Sheriff of Dallas County. I live in Dallas County.

Trust me, nothing's going to change.

Plus, the Governor of Texas is as weak as a newborn kitten (in terms of POWER). The Governor here is little more than a talking head or bully pulpit. The Attorney General, Railroad Commissioner, and the Lege are the ones who get things done around here. Not the Governor.

I'm sure Lupe tossed his letter in the shredder and laughed at it. She sucks.

Unfortunately the Attorney General of Texas, Ken Paxton, is under indictment for some sort of financial scandal (I believe they're trying him in Collin County, directly north of Dallas County) and he's dragging it out for all he's worth. But he's being distracted by it for sure.

And the Railroad Commissioner in Texas is George P. Bush. Jeb's kid. Half-Mexican. You know how pro-illegal the Bushes are.

As for the Lege, they just ended their latest session in August 2015. They won't be back in session until 2017.
Sorry to hear this but thanks for the heads up. Seems like the typical thing happening across our country. Anything that deters illegal immigration is taboo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top