U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 06:00 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,893,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post
Thanks I was wondering the same thing. And where is tinman when you need him. This kind of debate is his deal.
I am here for you turtle. LOL Its nice to see that you have learned to be civil.
Amnesty. What a unique approach to confront the crime of illegal immigration. We reward you for the crime and take away the thrill of being chased. I wonder if that will work for the many other forms of crime also?
I know provide pedophiles with an unlimited supply of children so they will no longer be interested in children. Provide rapists with prostitutes. It will help reduce the urge.
Bank robbers should recieve unlimited cash rewards for their crimes. This way they wont want to rob banks.
It all makes perfect sense. Or not?

Old 04-07-2009, 06:07 PM

14 posts, read 15,382 times
So what do we do about children who are brought into the country by their parents? You think they have a choice in whether they want to stay in their country or not? I believe if that immigrant is over 18 and they come into the country illegally then they should be held responsible, but the children is a different story. What if the kid is a year old and stays in the united states his whole life, are we supposed to send that person to a place he has no experience with. I sense anger in alot of your voices on this matter and I get it, but you think you can truthly cleanse this country of illegals.......cmon most of your great grandparents were probably illegals back in the day. And I tell you out of experience I will hire a illegal who would work their ass off instead of a citizen who takes everything for granted. Thats the truth Moderator cut: offensive, handle it.........

Last edited by Yac; 04-08-2009 at 03:36 AM..

Old 04-07-2009, 06:49 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,775,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio maggi View Post
why didnt we did a better job before and deport our murder and ilegal ancestors that came and did worse things than that nice people,they are just making their best for their families,same thing that every human bean wants to do...Moderator cut: personal attack
Huh ???? He didn't say "door to door", but I will. You (more or less) make my point salient. I do however agree with you on one issue. We should have taken care of this problem a long time ago.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:21 PM

Whats up with these posts stating that all illegals and immigrants are murderers and thiefs and crap. Lol the people stating this are obviously uneducated in these matters. Its a fact that immigrants commit less crimes than citizens do because of the fact they have more to lose. And to clear this up, illegals do pay taxes just like citizens thats why they are issued ITIN #'s. The only difference is they pay, but don't recieve a cent back unlike everyone else. So unless you have personal experience or work in this field you should shut up cause you all sounding pretty stupid with this down south confederate talk you all doing........

Old 04-07-2009, 08:24 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman6984 View Post
Whats up with these posts stating that all illegals and immigrants are murderers and thiefs and crap. Lol the people stating this are obviously uneducated in these matters. Its a fact that immigrants commit less crimes than citizens do because of the fact they have more to lose. And to clear this up, illegals do pay taxes just like citizens thats why they are issued ITIN #'s. The only difference is they pay, but don't recieve a cent back unlike everyone else. So unless you have personal experience or work in this field you should shut up cause you all sounding pretty stupid with this down south confederate talk you all doing........
Wrong!

Those ITIN's are for legal aliens AKA green card holders.

Besides: we are a sovereign nation that has the right and responsibility to secure our borders. You read it right: illegal aliens have no right to be here--------period.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:25 PM

No your wrong.....cause if thats the case how does my illegal wife have one???

Old 04-07-2009, 08:28 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
No your wrong.....cause if thats the case how does my illegal wife have one???
Fraud, pure and simple.

Besides: if your wife is here illegally-----------she needs to leave the USA. She is a criminal using fraudulent ID and can spend some hard time in prison prior to deportation.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:32 PM

Fraud......lol your funny......unless your calling the United States government a fraud then I hate to say this, but your pretty ignorant.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:38 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,039,458 times
Quote:
So what do we do about children who are brought into the country by their parents? You think they have a choice in whether they want to stay in their country or not? I believe if that immigrant is over 18 and they come into the country illegally then they should be held responsible, but the children is a different story. What if the kid is a year old and stays in the united states his whole life, are we supposed to send that person to a place he has no experience with. I sense anger in alot of your voices on this matter and I get it, but you think you can truthly cleanse this country of illegals.......cmon most of your great grandparents were probably illegals back in the day. And I tell you out of experience I will hire a illegal who would work their ass off instead of a citizen who takes everything for granted. Thats the truth punks, handle it.........
Aren't you quite the modern day Simon LeGree.
And spare your bull that you hire illegals due to their work ethic....you hire illegals in order to pay them crap and for no other reason.

As to children brought into this country illegally --- yes, they are screwed. And believe it or not, I honestly feel sorry for their predictament. But lets not forget who put them in there -- their own parents. They are to be blamed, held accountable and disdained. Not the US government, not people who are upset at the ever rising numbers of illegal immigrants...the parents and only the parents should be blamed.

Now, what to do with adult children of illegals....don't really know. As I said, I do feel for them. At the same time, their parents choices shouldn't be rewarded. Perhaps each case should be vetted alone. IF the illegal brought here as a child has lived an exemplory life, graduated high school, never in jail/arrested and not on welfare THEN I can see said grown child of an illegal being rewarded with a green card. Their parents should lose the right of ever becoming a legal citizen the day they crossed the border illegally.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:01 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,778,864 times
Quote:
So what do we do about children who are brought into the country by their parents? You think they have a choice in whether they want to stay in their country or not? I believe if that immigrant is over 18 and they come into the country illegally then they should be held responsible, but the children is a different story. What if the kid is a year old and stays in the united states his whole life, are we supposed to send that person to a place he has no experience with. I sense anger in alot of your voices on this matter and I get it, but you think you can truthly cleanse this country of illegals.......cmon most of your great grandparents were probably illegals back in the day. And I tell you out of experience I will hire a illegal who would work their ass off instead of a citizen who takes everything for granted. Thats the truth punks, handle it.........
if we catch you hiring an illegal instead of a citizen we will turn you in and you will be in jail, so handle that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or