U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2009, 09:04 AM

14 posts, read 15,396 times

Advertisements

So im guessing your a pro Bush type of guy.......we all know where we would be if he was still president.........in a DEPRESSION........

Old 04-10-2009, 10:06 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,399,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman6984 View Post
So im guessing your a pro Bush type of guy.......we all know where we would be if he was still president.........in a DEPRESSION........
Oh yes, I'm a pro Jorge kind of guy. Illegal immigration quadrupled under his lack of enforcement of existing immigration laws betraying all conservatives who voted for him. Jorge was nothing more than a lackey for corporate America. Obama, on the other hand, is just another inexperienced massive deficit and massive spending Democrat.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:52 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Thank you for your service to our country. Congratulations to you and your wife for her legalization and your marriage!

While I do believe that we will have amnesty this time around and that we will secure our vote with Obama in '12, I dont think it is realistic to say that 12 million people who will apply to be legal residents will have sufficient time to qualify for citizenship. I believe the wait for citizenship application once you have legal status is 5 years. Unless Obama cuts the time frame short, which I doubt. In either case, those families of different ethnicities, directly affected by immigration, will vote for Obama's re-election.
Looking at this recession: if nothing else; it would be political suicide for Obama and Co. to push for amnesty for the above lawbreakers.

Besides: the ramifications of the illegal 'immigrants' rights marches of May 2006 are still being felt--------growing anger and disgust amongst Americans as a group.

Hint to Mexico: we may consider amnestying those here illegally but; how about SoB handing us over about 10% of your land as payment--------and, we determine what we want.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:55 AM

Obama is taking action and taking the correct steps to bring this economy up and so far he's doing a hella of a job doing it too. I love this guy because he's being radical in his actions and not afraid to do what is right (including providing Amnesty) for the people of America. He's doing everything in which he promised the American people when he was running which I can't say for most presidents after they are elected.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:57 AM

32,908 posts, read 30,151,453 times
The most difficult part will be a tamper proof ID. As we've seen in the past stealing an ID isn't much of a speed bump for a desperate Illegal Alien intent on being here. It is the most basic of laws yet it appears to be invisible to them. I'd say the only way to make it tamper proof will be some type of genetic test but of course the ACLU will want the last word on that one.
More than likely it will be some half-baked mess that will keep the illegal horde moving easily this way. Toss your wallet into a vault and weld it shut!

Old 04-10-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Oh yes, I'm a pro Jorge kind of guy. Illegal immigration quadrupled under his lack of enforcement of existing immigration laws betraying all conservatives who voted for him. Jorge was nothing more than a lackey for corporate America. Obama, on the other hand, is just another inexperienced massive deficit and massive spending Democrat.
OK: I will admit to it; I voted for Obama because the thought of Palin one heartbeat (literally) from the White House scared me. Had McCain picked either Romney or even Huckabee---------the election may have gone the other way.

In defense of Obama: if the nation's economy dramatically improves under his watch and the 'reconquista' of, say, California by Americans commences-------the man will likely be a hero.

As for Bush 43: yuck--------and, I am a registered Republican.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:58 AM

AB are you saying you want to live on Mexican land?

Old 04-10-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
AB are you saying you want to live on Mexican land?
Again: and I repeat; if SoB wants us to amnesty their Mexican nationals--------payment of 10% of their nation's land to the USA would be appropriate.

Besides: said territory would no longer be Mexico so I would have no heartburn living there---------especially as the use of Spanish, etc. is phased out.

In all fairness: I would prefer to see an intact Mexico that is affluent, stable and housing all of its citizens.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:25 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,633,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
, criticizing "third world" cultures", etc etc are the true Patriots of this country.

That's a matter of opinion that I do not share.
If this is a personal slap at me (I hear my words in your vitriol), then I'm sorry for your anger, but I stand by what I say about culture. "Culture" is why the very POORLY-situated country of Japan is a world-class society, while the extremely resource-rich, well-situated land of Mexico is NOT (yet). Culture is why life in Iran is so much different than life in Utah or Nevada, despite their similar climates. It's why people in high, harsh, windy Wyoming live so differntly than people in high, harsh, windy Mongolia..culture.

Culture is why Canada is such a nice, stable, free, relatively 'happy' place, while Siberia (nearly IDENTICAL with Canada in many physical respects) is such a dismal 'pit'..(EVEN though Canada is home to MANY ethnic Russians and Ukrainians)...

"Culture" is why California "works" (or DID, until recently), and Baja California does NOT (yet).

It's not the air; not the water; not the race, nor the resources that differentiate the wealth or 'freedom' or prosperity of these places, it's their 'system'; some work better than others. And that's culture; and if that makes you angry, I'm sorry. Culture can be modified; closed minds probably can't. And anger isn't healthy.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:32 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,399,484 times
Quote:
Obama is taking action and taking the correct steps to bring this economy up and so far he's doing a hella of a job doing it too. I love this guy because he's being radical in his actions and not afraid to do what is right (including providing Amnesty) for the people of America. He's doing everything in which he promised the American people when he was running which I can't say for most presidents after they are elected.
So you're a massive deficit and massive spending economist as well as a soldier? All right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or