U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2008, 03:45 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Well hell even I know that!!!! lets see, old people, military and cubans and illegals. HMMM McCain, old, military and easy on illegals. But the polls there showed he lost with conservatives against Romney. I havent met a person yet that is voting for McCain.
What did romney gain by winning the very conservative vote? Maybe conservatives are not as powerful as they think in the GOP.

You have any proof of illegals voting in florida?

 
Old 02-01-2008, 03:48 PM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,921,056 times
Reputation: 393
and I predict if we give a private group.. like the Minutemen the authority, and use of the National Guard.. they can and WILL get rid
of the infestation of illegals. Also give them the needed supplies and materials.. and they will get the rest of the fence built too!

They won't dilly-dally! We will see a HUGE reduction of illegals in just
a few months! Not only by the Minutemen rounding them up, but also
once word gets out that there is a major deportation unit/group.. That is actually looking and capturing them, the illegals will start to run for the border on thier own.. they'll want to take back what they can before they get caught..

It would be a wonderful WIN-WIN for Americans! (snacirema laer rof naem i)
 
Old 02-01-2008, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What did romney gain by winning the very conservative vote? Maybe conservatives are not as powerful as they think in the GOP.

You have any proof of illegals voting in florida?
There are not that many conservatives in Florida!!!! And he didn't win by much! I would be more concerned if it was a landslide. And I never said illegals voted, but people that were illegal or came part of the wet foot dry foot policy might be more sympathetic to them.
 
Old 02-01-2008, 04:22 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
and I predict if we give a private group.. like the Minutemen the authority, and use of the National Guard.. they can and WILL get rid
of the infestation of illegals. Also give them the needed supplies and materials.. and they will get the rest of the fence built too!

They won't dilly-dally! We will see a HUGE reduction of illegals in just
a few months! Not only by the Minutemen rounding them up, but also
once word gets out that there is a major deportation unit/group.. That is actually looking and capturing them, the illegals will start to run for the border on thier own.. they'll want to take back what they can before they get caught..

It would be a wonderful WIN-WIN for Americans! (snacirema laer rof naem i)
How are the minutemen going to round them up?
 
Old 02-01-2008, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
How are the minutemen going to round them up?
Ever seen a round up?

 
Old 02-01-2008, 04:25 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Ever seen a round up?

I mean how are they going to identify them and round them up?
 
Old 02-01-2008, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I mean how are they going to identify them and round them up?
"ID please".

Actually, MCSO does it pretty well: they ask for ID - if unable to provide ID, and cannot prove legal status - the individual is taken into custody, and turned over to ICE. ICE will work to check for the legal status of the individual -

If the individual is not legal, they are then sent to a detention area to await deportation.

Then, a bus comes, and they are deported.

All it takes is for those Yucky Green Border Patrol vans to go into areas where illegals are known to be / hangout - it will be like shaking a fruit tree heavy with fruit!
 
Old 02-01-2008, 04:31 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I mean how are they going to identify them and round them up?
Of course what doesn't surprise me is methods involving stopping anyone that looks Hispanic out in the street.
 
Old 02-01-2008, 04:42 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
"ID please".

Actually, MCSO does it pretty well: they ask for ID - if unable to provide ID, and cannot prove legal status - the individual is taken into custody, and turned over to ICE. ICE will work to check for the legal status of the individual -

If the individual is not legal, they are then sent to a detention area to await deportation.

Then, a bus comes, and they are deported.

All it takes is for those Yucky Green Border Patrol vans to go into areas where illegals are known to be / hangout - it will be like shaking a fruit tree heavy with fruit!
I don't think it's practical to go around the U.S asking 300 million people for ID. Americans especial libertarians will reject this approach.
 
Old 02-01-2008, 04:49 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,874,837 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
Yes, quite, actually.

Hopefully the ability to voluntarily change from undocumented to documented will come with appropriate fees, penalties, and back-taxes.

No more second-class shadow people. Hooray!
Most won't pay it and they would still be allowed to stay. They are not shadow people, they are in your race type of people these days in CA, not like they were in the 80's and 90's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top