Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 05:03 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Your post hurts my eyes. Could you have used a couple of carriage returns at least?
??

Old 04-26-2009, 10:53 PM

640 posts, read 1,732,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk999 View Post
What is an "american"? One who happens to have a piece of paper? Is there something in your dna that makes you "american"?
I don't understand. My parents are Dominican. I came to the United States when I was six months old. They have paid THOUSANDS of dollars to be here. I have stood in line at the INS too many times to count. We have faced discrimination, run arounds, distrustful lawyers who have ripped us off. Me, my parents, two of my uncles and my paternal grandparents are all naturalized citizens. Why DO YOU GET A FREE PASS and NOT MY FAMILY? Why? Because Mexicans will provide slave labor to white business owners? Because you're brown? Hell, I'm brown too will you reimburse my family if you guys get to come in for free?

Old 04-26-2009, 10:56 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
I don't understand. My parents are Dominican. I came to the United States when I was six months old. They have paid THOUSANDS of dollars to be here. I have stood in line at the INS too many times to count. We have faced discrimination, run arounds, distrustful lawyers who have ripped us off. Me, my parents, two of my uncles and my paternal grandparents are all naturalized citizens. Why DO YOU GET A FREE PASS and NOT MY FAMILY? Why? Because Mexicans will provide slave labor to white business owners? Because you're brown? Hell, I'm brown too will you reimburse my family if you guys get to come in for free?
Blueseas123 person is a TRUE American. Someone who believes in the law and that no one should receive a free pass regardless of nationality/race/ethnicity/religion/social status/etc.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:31 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Way to go!!!

Congradulations......

Old 04-27-2009, 07:12 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk999 View Post
Thats because we dont feel the need to look good to anyone, we dont appease people just so they think better of us, well I can speak for myself.. We dont care what you people like you think of us, as long as you dont enforce your worldview on us and stay out of our way, things can be peaceful. But people like you want to ignore all the genocide and other horrible stuff in history and pretend it doesnt matter anymore.
If you are here in the USA illegally; we will not stay out of your way-----------your ilk will be punished under US law.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:18 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Then what's with the crazy reverse manifest destiny talk? And the hate speech against white people? I mean, how does that help your cause at all? Just like a white racist loses credibility do you honestly think telling people to go back to Europe does anything for you? It really does sound like you only care about Mexicans, and only the lower class at that. I have many Mexican American friends who love this country, have even gone to war for this country. You dont even bother with the fact that many Latinos have done it the right way, and what a disrespect this whole debacle has been to them. There are alot of legal brown skinned Latinos who are paying a huge price personally and professionally due to the way the whole immigration thing has gone.Anyone with naturally tan skin is a criminal now. And it seems like Latinos like you dont even want to help the Latinos that ACTUALLY make Latinos LOOK GOOD. Instead, you only want to help the ones that are most likely to have kids who drop out of school and become gang members and go on welfare. Why is that?
What I bolded concerns me as well: that the antics of the la raza losers will endanger any individual (Hispanic or not) who is 'brown'---------Mulattos, Mestizos, Indians both American and East, most Asians as well as quite a few Anglos with olive complexions.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:19 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
I just e-mailed my senators and congressman stating my disgust with any such program. Who else will take 5 minutes to send an e-mail?
I'd be more than happy to....problem is my congressperson is already against amnesty (at least I think she is) and I'm pretty sure my senators are as well.

If anyone on here has representatives or senators who are for amnesty, they are the ones who really need to be sending those e-mails.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:00 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
You weren't telling the truth, much less making any kind of a point.
No, you are the one who doesn't seem to like to tell the truth. I don't love illegal criminal aliens like you, so I see the whole big picture instead of looking at just the ethnicity part like you.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:45 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I'd be more than happy to....problem is my congressperson is already against amnesty (at least I think she is) and I'm pretty sure my senators are as well.

If anyone on here has representatives or senators who are for amnesty, they are the ones who really need to be sending those e-mails.
Even if your congressperson and senators are against amnesty-they still need to be made aware of how you feel-especially when bills and issues come up. As much as I admire certain politicians for their stance against illegal aliens and their support for the rule of law, in the end they are all politicians and could still be swayed if the price were right.

We need to continually make our representatives aware that we want the border secure and immigration laws enforced. Believe me, LaRaza, Dreamies and others are contacting your representatives all the time. These groups have the big $$-partially taxpayer funded- to hammer our representatives all the time. That is why it is important to make your voice heard.

Even if you just call them and thank them for voting for Americans and the rule of law, then they know how you feel.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:16 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Sorry blueseas, but to illegal aliens and their apologists you either do not exist or are an ethnic sellout.

See, the arguement we get on here a lot is that all immigrants do not make a distinction between legal and illegal, and that everyone who is any shade of brown are together on this issue that illegal immigrants have the same rights (actually more) then legal immigrants.

And if you don't toe the party line you are automatically racist/bigoted/xenophobic. And if it happens to be an actual legal immigrant who is against illegal immigration, well....then you become at best a sell out and at worst, well those are names I won't repeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration