Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 11:11 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times

Advertisements

I was so irritated at those moderators since a couple of times it came up that Trump wanted to ship out 11 million, they failed to mention that these were illegals, people that had NO right to be here. And, everyone also knows the number is much higher than 11 million.

Every time the subject came up, the moderators acted like we were forcing our citizens out of the country. I was just so irritated. Are the moderators just that dumb or simply evil?

Also, "the wall". I still say with tariffs on incoming goods that we can pay for the wall with the money brought in through that wall and it probably won't take that long.

I am careful who we hire as are others I know. We are having a Hispanic man do a lot of tree work. He appears to be the best, is licensed and insured, married to an American born citizen from our city and belongs to probably ever possible organization and supports the Chamber of Commerce by being a member. He speaks OUR language and from my calculations has been here at least 20 years. I did notice that as he got out of his truck to give an estimate he was sort of on guard and that just made me angry that this mess with the illegals makes it hard for someone like him. I had checked him out before calling to get the estimate. That is one thing that those supporting the illegals need to think about and that is the indirect effect they end up having on those that did it the legal way. This man is from Guatemala. He had brought his little girl and she was telling me all about herself and her family. She is American born and I am guessing they didn't have babies for welfare because he is scheduled several weeks ahead on tree work and then converts to snow removal, etc. She was the best behaved child I had seen in a very long time.

We have a variety of races/cultures/etc. here and I am sure we have people who overstayed visas along with the illegals. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. I know to stay away from roofers that aren't a family owned company. We end up paying more but since I have a conscience, it's all good.

With someone like the man that is going to do the yard work, the legal way with all the certifications, licenses, insurance, etc., I am betting that he wants those that come in illegally and they have been at my door and undercut him by doing it cheaper to leave also. Too many people don't realize the risk they take hiring these illegals.

I think I heard that the real estimate on illegals was more like 30 million at this point. If I were a betting lady, I'd bet on the 30 over the 11 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 11:43 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
The problem with candidates is that they all say what they feel their audience wants to hear. What has Trump done to verify that he doesn't have any illegals on any of his payrolls? What has he done to make sure none of his subs use illegals? I would be very interested in hearing the answer to that question.
It's easy to say that you are against illegals and hiring them. Actions speak louder than words.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:59 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Trump's plans are vague, superficial with little insight and he's unable to explain fully how he's going to implement them. Moderators exposed him time after time. These are exactly the questions those of us who are undecided want to hear before crossing parting lines or supporting a particular candidate over another.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:10 PM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
The GOP as a whole has done a very poor job of educating the public. I hear time and again how Trump and the Republicans want to toss out immigrants and where will they stop??

Why can't at least one of them stand up and say it loud that they DO NOT want to deport Legal immigrants but if you are in this country Illegally and get caught guess what.

My wife is a legal immigrant and I have had people ask me what I'm gonna do if Trump gets in and deports her ??? My friends are not stupid people but they are reciting what they hear from the fear mongering Liberals and they believe it.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:34 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The problem with candidates is that they all say what they feel their audience wants to hear. What has Trump done to verify that he doesn't have any illegals on any of his payrolls? What has he done to make sure none of his subs use illegals? I would be very interested in hearing the answer to that question.
It's easy to say that you are against illegals and hiring them. Actions speak louder than words.
Why don't you pose your questions on his website? All I know is rich business owners do no hire manual labor themselves. They hire people under them to do that kind of hiring.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:35 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I was so irritated at those moderators since a couple of times it came up that Trump wanted to ship out 11 million, they failed to mention that these were illegals, people that had NO right to be here. And, everyone also knows the number is much higher than 11 million.

Every time the subject came up, the moderators acted like we were forcing our citizens out of the country. I was just so irritated. Are the moderators just that dumb or simply evil?

I think I heard that the real estimate on illegals was more like 30 million at this point. If I were a betting lady, I'd bet on the 30 over the 11 million.
Yes, I was supremely irritated by it. Did you notice that Kasich at first said "11 million Americans?" Nice Freudian slip! So to Kasich, all you have to do to be an American is live here. That's it. What an insult. He also mentioned breaking up families and sending parents away while we keep the children. Why would we force minors to be wards of the state? And what kind of parents would leave their children in another country alone? I wish Trump had clarified that the children would go back with their parents, but then that would open up another can of worms about denying American citizens the right to live here (even if they're ten months old and don't know their nose from a hole in the ground). How many illegals does Ohio have? Kasich needs to spend some time in CA, where 25% of America's illegals live, and ask himself if that's the direction he wants the entire country to go.

I also wish Trump had pointed out to Rubio that the H-1B visa program is being ALREADY abused by employers. We have Americans already doing tech jobs who are being forced to train their foreign replacements because foreigners will settle for nearly half of what an American commands. If Rubio really gave a darn he would've never sponsored a bill that called UNLIMITED guest worker visas.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Yes, I was supremely irritated by it. Did you notice that Kasich at first said "11 million Americans?" Nice Freudian slip! So to Kasich, all you have to do to be an American is live here. That's it. What an insult. He also mentioned breaking up families and sending parents away while we keep the children. Why would we force minors to be wards of the state? And what kind of parents would leave their children in another country alone? I wish Trump had clarified that the children would go back with their parents, but then that would open up another can of worms about denying American citizens the right to live here (even if they're ten months old and don't know their nose from a hole in the ground). How many illegals does Ohio have? Kasich needs to spend some time in CA, where 25% of America's illegals live, and ask himself if that's the direction he wants the entire country to go.

I also wish Trump had pointed out to Rubio that the H-1B visa program is being ALREADY abused by employers. We have Americans already doing tech jobs who are being forced to train their foreign replacements because foreigners will settle for nearly half of what an American commands. If Rubio really gave a darn he would've never sponsored a bill that called UNLITMITED guest worker visas.
Yes, I knew that Kasich was an illegal alien sympathizer from the first debate. He'll never get my vote. You're right, how dare he call illegal aliens Americans aka U.S. citizens? That sure doesn't make for good presidential material.

Old 10-29-2015, 05:22 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Trump's plans are vague, superficial with little insight and he's unable to explain fully how he's going to implement them. Moderators exposed him time after time. These are exactly the questions those of us who are undecided want to hear before crossing parting lines or supporting a particular candidate over another.
If you having problems understanding what Trump is saying about illegal immigration, post your questions here and we will help you with whatever you need to know so you can finalize your vote for Trump. I know with your continued interest that he must be at the top of your list. We can help you, just tell us what part you don't understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The GOP as a whole has done a very poor job of educating the public. I hear time and again how Trump and the Republicans want to toss out immigrants and where will they stop??

Why can't at least one of them stand up and say it loud that they DO NOT want to deport Legal immigrants but if you are in this country Illegally and get caught guess what.

My wife is a legal immigrant and I have had people ask me what I'm gonna do if Trump gets in and deports her ??? My friends are not stupid people but they are reciting what they hear from the fear mongering Liberals and they believe it.
I disagree. People aren't listening. They are hearing what they want to hear and probably from liberal media who insists on saying "immigrants" rather than "illegal immigrants". Tell your friends to listen to something other than liberal media. The media I listen to stresses "illegal".

Could they think your wife is illegal? You realize a lot of people are just ignorant about how immigration works and how one becomes a citizen or is legally here otherwise.

Have you listened to Trump and Senator Sessions: Trump speaks for America: Deport illegals! and Trump on Illegal Immigrants: "We're Going To Get Them The Hell Out Of Our Country" | Video | RealClearPolitics and anchor babies go home with the illegal parents to their country of origin per the law.

And, Ben Carson: Exclusive: Dr. Ben Carson's solution to illegal immigration | On Air Videos | Fox News

Those are the only two candidates that I support and they say "illegal immigration". It is going to be up to you to educate friends, relatives and co-workers about your wife's situation or just pick people that actually are in tune with what is going on. Time and time again, those that support enforcing our immigration laws specifically say "illegal immigrants". Now, if you listen to the liberals, they will say "immigrants" but I can't help you with that because if that is what they want to blindly believe, there is no hope for them.

They are also talking about limiting H1B visas since companies are hiring them for less wages and displacing American workers. I have a few articles on that.

The other issue they are looking at is those who overstay their visas as they should be out of here also.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
If you having problems understanding what Trump is saying about illegal immigration, post your questions here and we will help you with whatever you need to know so you can finalize your vote for Trump. I know with your continued interest that he must be at the top of your list. We can help you, just tell us what part you don't understand.

I disagree. People aren't listening. They are hearing what they want to hear and probably from liberal media who insists on saying "immigrants" rather than "illegal immigrants". Tell your friends to listen to something other than liberal media. The media I listen to stresses "illegal".

Could they think your wife is illegal? You realize a lot of people are just ignorant about how immigration works and how one becomes a citizen or is legally here otherwise.

Have you listened to Trump and Senator Sessions: Trump speaks for America: Deport illegals! and Trump on Illegal Immigrants: "We're Going To Get Them The Hell Out Of Our Country" | Video | RealClearPolitics and anchor babies go home with the illegal parents to their country of origin per the law.

And, Ben Carson: Exclusive: Dr. Ben Carson's solution to illegal immigration | On Air Videos | Fox News
o
Those are the only two candidates that I support and they say "illegal immigration". It is going to be up to you to educate friends, relatives and co-workers about your wife's situation or just pick people that actually are in tune with what is going on. Time and time again, those that support enforcing our immigration laws specifically say "illegal immigrants". Now, if you listen to the liberals, they will say "immigrants" but I can't help you with that because if that is what they want to blindly believe, there is no hope for them.

They are also talking about limiting H1B visas since companies are hiring them for less wages and displacing American workers. I have a few articles on that.

The other issue they are looking at is those who overstay their visas as they should be out of here also.
I know. The pro-illegals either call them plain ole immigrants which blurs the line between legal and illegal or the more PC term the "undocumented". We all know why they do this.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:58 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why don't you pose your questions on his website? All I know is rich business owners do no hire manual labor themselves. They hire people under them to do that kind of hiring.
Where I work we use subs. Those subs are required to verify legal status as well as do criminal background checks. Those subs do things like janitorial work, grounds and maintenance. I imagine that if the company I work for can do it so can Trumps companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration