Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 07:26 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
A bar I go to in San Diego serves hamburgers late at night, and it has had short-order cooks who I happen to know are legal U.S. citizens born in the United States. And not just young people either. They usually stay for a year or so, and then move on to something else.

A lot of illegals take restaurant jobs to get paid under the table. They make less than minimum wage, but are happy with that because they share houses and expenses with other illegals who also work under the table.

Employers who exploit them for cheap labor don't lower the prices of the food they serve, they just pocket the extra profits they make from paying employees less than minimum wage.

This is scam, and Anthony Bourdain is a self-righteous liberal phony who couldn't care less that Americans who need jobs at fair wages are being displaced by illegals so that employers can profit.

The stories we hear about jobs "Americans won't do" are nonsense.

Americans will work for a fair wage. We have millions of Americans now who need jobs. And Americans do all kinds of hard, dirty and dangerous work in parts of the country without lots of illegals.

What happened to liberals and Democrats defending the wages and rights of American workers?
I know, I thought the Democrats were the champions of the American worker. They fight for unions all the time. They're hypocrites also because they constantly demonize the rich and yet they want these illegals to remain here so they can make the rich, richer. WTH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 07:44 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Anthony Bourdain was a heroin addict and a crack addict. His whole life and income has been seepd deeply in a narrow liberal culture and world view.

When I was young, all those jobs were filled by Americans. They may not be able to get them now because illegals have driven the wages down so low. I don't think it's because Americans wont do those jobs.Many employers prefer hiring illegals because it cost them less in benefits and wages.

Old 10-31-2015, 01:30 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,955,562 times
Bourdain is a brain dead idiot. He doesn't want to defend his own culture or citizens. America has too many folks out of work and this unsustainable invasion makes it all the worse. I thought old Tony was going to immigrate to Vietnam? Wasn't it diverse enough for you Tony? Oh wait, maybe it was too diverse and he wasn't the big man on the block anymore.

Well, Tony stick to food, maybe it will keep your piehole closed if it is full.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:58 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I know, I thought the Democrats were the champions of the American worker. They fight for unions all the time. They're hypocrites also because they constantly demonize the rich and yet they want these illegals to remain here so they can make the rich, richer. WTH?

The dems are champions of something else, need I say more.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:11 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The dems are champions of something else, need I say more.
No really, I get your drift, lol.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:17 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
If you're white, successful and want to be "cool" (especially as you get older), it is necessary to bash white people and support criminals, illegal aliens and Democrat/liberal causes.

It's the "clean" version of being a dirty old man.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:21 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Bourdain is freaking out because his MASSIVE project in NYC is 100% International VISA DEPENDENT - importing "chefs" representing their cooking from their countries in the form of an International Market. 155,000 square feet

Quite a good idea, immigration aside.

THAT is what is driving his concern trolling.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/30/di...t-pier-57.html

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2015...market-reports

Old 11-03-2015, 06:03 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Anthony Bourdain Hits Back at Donald Trump, Defends Immigrants - Eater

This is an excerpt of what Bourdain said. From the article:

Never, in any of those years, not once, did anyone walk into my restaurant — any American-born kid — walk into my restaurant and say I'd like a job as a night porter or a dishwasher. Even a prep cook — few and far between. Just not willing to start at the bottom like that.

------------------
I say, really? Funny how restaurants that use E-verify never have any problems finding American citizens and legal immigrants to take these jobs.

Also notice how the article title once again blurs the lines between legal immigrants and illegal aliens?
So did they expect to start at the stop?

Old 11-04-2015, 11:51 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Sounds like someone who likes to pay low ball wages and pocket the profits. In my area kids work the restaurants, do landscaping and yes work on farms. So do adults.

How else could he afford to travel around the world criticizing food?

Old 11-04-2015, 09:02 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,667,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Anthony Bourdain was a heroin addict and a crack addict. His whole life and income has been seepd deeply in a narrow liberal culture and world view.
he really was wasn't he.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration