Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 04:34 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I missed where she said it was inhumane. What I did hear her say is that it won't work. There is no way Americans would want and pay for police to go door to door to round up all the illegal immigrants and deport them. It would cost billions and billions of dollars not to mention the invasion of privacy.

Thats what I'm saying.. its inefficient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 04:42 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.
What difference does this make? We have Armenian, Korean, Japanese and Spanish TV stations too! That has to be the silliest thing on your whole list.

Aside from that, if you go to Snopes.com, you'll see that those things are NOT exactly facts.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:48 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Thats what I'm saying.. its inefficient.
Could you imagine the uproar from American citizens if this were to happen? (A door to door roundup of illegal aliens.) People would be SCREAMING if the police were going door to door and taking away everyone who couldn't PROVE, without a doubt, that they were legally here!

Good grief! People think it's an invasion of privacy now when they get ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt!

And we'd need places to hold the people that are illegal until we sent them back, and don't forget: Only 1/2 of the illegals are from Mexico. We'd have to fly the other half back to whatever countries they came from. This would cost billions, if not trillions, of dollars!!

Hillary is right. This is an idea that WILL NOT WORK!!

Old 02-02-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Could you imagine the uproar from American citizens if this were to happen? (A door to door roundup of illegal aliens.) People would be SCREAMING if the police were going door to door and taking away everyone who couldn't PROVE, without a doubt, that they were legally here!

Good grief! People think it's an invasion of privacy now when they get ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt!

And we'd need places to hold the people that are illegal until we sent them back, and don't forget: Only 1/2 of the illegals are from Mexico. We'd have to fly the other half back to whatever countries they came from. This would cost billions, if not trillions, of dollars!!

Hillary is right. This is an idea that WILL NOT WORK!!

Wise words here. think about it guys. billions spent. I'd rather have those billions spent on a fence.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:04 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
What difference does this make? We have Armenian, Korean, Japanese and Spanish TV stations too! That has to be the silliest thing on your whole list.

Aside from that, if you go to Snopes.com, you'll see that those things are NOT exactly facts.
I didn't make the list genius, I just posted it. I would think it's obvious that part of it was irrelevant, but I guess you need it spelled out for you. Also, if you kept reading, the second link was from a myth busters website, and not only did it confirm the information, but said the actual numbers were higher. So yes, they ARE EXACTLY FACTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50
If they can't get hired, can't receive social services and can't have their offspring automatically become citizens, then they will self deport, costing us nothing. All we have to do is take away their free ride and their incentive for being here. The only thing the American people will be SCREAMING about is if 20 million criminals get rewarded with citizenship.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:29 AM

394 posts, read 1,006,966 times
Quote:
I missed where she said it was inhumane. What I did hear her say is that it won't work. There is no way Americans would want and pay for police to go door to door to round up all the illegal immigrants and deport them. It would cost billions and billions of dollars not to mention the invasion of privacy.
i'm just going to keep saying it until i'm even bluer in the face!!!! forget about deporting the illegals, it's a waste of money [ALOT OF MONEY]. they'll just come back over anyway. END THE GOVERNMENT HANDOUTS AND PROSECUTE THE PARASITE EMPLOYERS THAT HIRE ILLEGAL ALIENS. THEY WILL SELF DEPORT!!

Old 02-03-2008, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
i'm just going to keep saying it until i'm even bluer in the face!!!! forget about deporting the illegals, it's a waste of money [ALOT OF MONEY]. they'll just come back over anyway. END THE GOVERNMENT HANDOUTS AND PROSECUTE THE PARASITE EMPLOYERS THAT HIRE ILLEGAL ALIENS. THEY WILL SELF DEPORT!!
Or we can.. secure the border?

Old 02-03-2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I didn't make the list genius, I just posted it. I would think it's obvious that part of it was irrelevant, but I guess you need it spelled out for you. Also, if you kept reading, the second link was from a myth busters website, and not only did it confirm the information, but said the actual numbers were higher. So yes, they ARE EXACTLY FACTS.

If they can't get hired, can't receive social services and can't have their offspring automatically become citizens, then they will self deport, costing us nothing. All we have to do is take away their free ride and their incentive for being here. The only thing the American people will be SCREAMING about is if 20 million criminals get rewarded with citizenship.
i didn't read this post before posting my last one. i'll leave it though. THIS CANNOT BE OVERSTATED

Old 02-03-2008, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Or we can.. secure the border?
or all three, and end that anchor baby b.s.while we're at it

Old 02-03-2008, 12:59 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,205 times
Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, the whole West and Mid-west of the U.S was basically only inhabited by Native Americans and very dense population back during the Ellis Island immigrant days of 1982-1954. Compared to the population then, and the immigrant ratio, we're not too far off. Don't forget 12 MILLION immigrants went by those doors.
While that may be true, tax payers were not forced to fund immigrants lifestyles, their childrens education or their health care needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration