U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 02:47 PM

608 posts, read 881,125 times

Advertisements

In many cases we do deport them after arrest and send them back to their home country. Since their crimes were committed in the US they are not prosecuted and set free. Guess what... they return through our oh so secured border even angrier than before. One big cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 03:54 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Good choices. I've done quite a bit of research because I feel the need to move too. Before anyone jumps to conclusions, no, I don't live in southern California, I live twenty miles out of one of the entrances to Yosemite in what is still a nice little town. However, it is near Fresno which is close to half a million people, with gang problems to the point that there are rules in schools regarding not being able to wear the color red. Ridiculous but true! Not to mention the fact that there are now signs appearing here in my little town in Spanish as well as English. And before anyone gets snippy, this is a huge tourist area, so why not French, German, and Japanese signs as well? Probably because the tourists are not being catered to whereas some people who will not be mentioned cannot be bothered to learn it or at the very least speak it when in public. Anway, I've decided Montana sounds like it might be a place that won't be invaded for awhile because the welfare benefits are extremely low, there are few jobs compared to most states and the price of renting or owning a home is high due to retirees coming there for some of the same reasons we are discussing. It seems that if the climate is challenging, and there is little to be gained in social services, free loaders of ALL ethnic backgrounds don't tend to stay. Sorry if this comes across as nasty or elitist but there are alot of people out here thinking the very same thing!
You may wish to consider Arizona as well: my state is becoming extremely unfriendly to illegal immigrants

Old 02-03-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
In many cases we do deport them after arrest and send them back to their home country. Since their crimes were committed in the US they are not prosecuted and set free. Guess what... they return through our oh so secured border even angrier than before. One big cycle.
Let them be angrier; we as a nation need to draw the line and put the word that we ain't screwin' around with a bunch of losers.

Unlike Mexico; most places allow Americans to protect themselves-----with any means necessary.

In all fairness though; most illegal immigrants will do anything to avoid trouble.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:01 PM

3,216 posts, read 1,767,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You may wish to consider Arizona as well: my state is becoming extremely unfriendly to illegal immigrants
I was there when I was fifteen and you have such a beautiful state but...It's HOT!!! The pool water was like taking a bath. But Arizona is gorgeous.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:43 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWhike View Post
Fellow Americans, does this scenario sound familiar to your home state? I live on the northern periphery of Mexifornia in the state of Oregon. What happens in California (millions of illegals) trickles north up here. We here have seen in the last ten years an exploding Hispanic population. The bangers all claim some affiliation with gangs out of California. The tagging is everywhere: Surreno vs. Norteno, 18th street vs 11th street, on and on it goes. These little savages stab and kill each other with impunity over nothing at all. It's absolutely stupid and senseless stuff. This is a new phenomenon up here in the Pacific Northwest, but it is getting worse all of the time. I can only imagine how long the once great State of California has been dealing with this crap. What's up with your home state?

OMG what do they look like????

Old 02-04-2008, 12:58 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
If the Sixteenth Amendment says that there is a law saying that Americans have to pay income tax than how do people get away with not paying?
Again with a question. Ho-hum...

If there is no such law, how are people convicted of tax evasion?

If there is no such law, how do companies like H & R Block remain in business?

If there is no such law, why do wealthy people seek tax shelters?

If there is no such law, why do corporations hire battalions of high-priced CPAs to limit tax liability?

It would be more graceful if you simply admitted your error and moved on.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:08 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Is this the "angry illegal defense?" It sounds similar to the "poor teachers who may lose their jobs defense."

I'll file it next to the "twinkie defense" and other assorted poor excuses for lawbreaking.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:13 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,525 times
^^^^

You leave my twinkies alone....

Old 02-04-2008, 07:04 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Quote:
A 2005 United States Department of Justice report on violent crimes stated that of the "perceived race" of the offenders in single-offender violent crimes, 43.3% were White, 21.0% were Black, and 9.6% were "Other", with the remaining 26.0% of offenders of unknown race.
And did anyone notice that 'Hispanic' is not even considered as a 'perceived race'? That's because all their crimes are listed under the heading of 'White' or 'Unknown'.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
And did anyone notice that 'Hispanic' is not even considered as a 'perceived race'? That's because all their crimes are listed under the heading of 'White' or 'Unknown'.
'Hispanic' is a weasel word: due to the White Supremacy of Hispanic culture; most Mestizos deny their Indian heritage.

The standard of beauty in both Mexico and Spain is white skin and blue eyes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration