U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 09:13 AM

5,489 posts, read 4,562,038 times

Advertisements

Well he's the first Muslim president, may as well e first in jail too. fitting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 11:01 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,298,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Makes one wonder if they are all on the same page as one another.

We used to have a government...............
Think they are all on the same page, with a bad ending to the story!

Old 11-03-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't like saying this but; the REAL reason IMHO that Congress hasn't nailed Obama is because many Black people WILL riot since they truly think racism against them is why their lives suck.

Oh and you can be sure that they would. This is how they act, lets riot when things don't go our way. Lets cry racism because it works.

Sorry but this does get very old and tiring something has got to change.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:24 PM

8,031 posts, read 7,358,388 times
This lawlessness not only contributes to murders like that of Kate Steinle, but also less sensational ones you probably never hear about.
Here in Austin the last several years there's been an unusual rash of auto thefts of large vehicles like trucks and SUVs. The reason is because these vehicles are stripped and used in smuggling illegals across the border. Illegals pay smugglers big money to get them here, and let's be clear, they wouldn't do that if there were no incentive to do so. Convicted truck thief gets 55 years for causing fatal accident

Old 11-03-2015, 12:45 PM

4,530 posts, read 1,947,599 times
Every single politician that deliberately ignores immigration law, or pushes amnesty, or attempts to relax immigration laws, should be brought up on charges of treason.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:22 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,083,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't like saying this but; the REAL reason IMHO that Congress hasn't nailed Obama is because many Black people WILL riot since they truly think racism against them is why their lives suck.
In reality, those types of black, are becoming fewer and Obama is not as popular with the blacks as many people might think. No, I don't think that is the reason. And, I might be just going off the deep end but I keep telling myself that they have stuff on Obama but aren't using it unless they have to or when they feel it would most benefit them. Yes, I could be wrong but I really, really need to believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Every single politician that deliberately ignores immigration law, or pushes amnesty, or attempts to relax immigration laws, should be brought up on charges of treason.
In Obama's first term, I talked to my congressman's office and asked why Obama was not on trial for treason. I was told he hadn't went that far. That was a long time ago.

Although I did not entirely agree with the Kim Davis stuff that went on in KY, she was a public servant and was expected to obey the law and she went so far as to tell the people working under her not to obey it either. Obama is a public servant too and has ordered people under him to not follow the immigration law. That just doesn't sit right with me at all. It was actually ordering people under them not to obey the law that I have the biggest problem with.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:19 PM

2,423 posts, read 3,002,657 times
Why give illegal immigrants work permits when there are so many people on welfare? Many are young and able-bodied. Deport the illegal immigrants and give those jobs to welfare recipients.

Oh wait..... if the number of people that are on welfare shrinks the DEMS may lose voters as these people will improve their lives and won't need hand-outs any more and the illegals that get deported will never be future DEM voters.

Forget it. Dumb idea.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:23 PM

31,587 posts, read 14,599,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
Why give illegal immigrants work permits when there are so many people on welfare? Many are young and able-bodied. Deport the illegal immigrants and give those jobs to welfare recipients.

Oh wait..... if the number of people that are on welfare shrinks the DEMS may lose voters as these people will improve their lives and won't need hand-outs any more and the illegals that get deported will never be future DEM voters.

Forget it. Dumb idea.
Actually, many of those jobs were taken from blue-collared workers that are now on unemployment. They should get first dibs at getting their jobs back.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post

Forget it. Dumb idea.

Got it right, you see if the Dems did what they should do, instead of what they must do, would be a different outcome. And they can't have that. They will keep on throwing hand-outs as long as they get their votes, and most of us already know this. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure the Dems platform does it.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:36 AM

6,852 posts, read 2,555,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Plus, most members of the current Congress doesn't have the b@lls to challenge Obama on this, much less anything else. I hope that Texas judge throws the book at him.
I agree congress doesn't have the ballz to challenge Obama on most issues but when it comes to illegal immigration they also don't have the will. They have to pay lip service to cracking down on illegal immigration to pander to their base(and some don't even do that) but most of the establishment GOP has no more interest in seeing these laws enforced than the democrats do. The establishment of both parties pretty much agree with each other on all the important stuff, and save their big disagreements for the stuff that doesn't really matter, but is still effective at getting voters at each others' throats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or