U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-02-2015, 07:06 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,298,901 times
Reputation: 5895

Advertisements

A newly leaked internal DHS memorandum produced for an off-the-record agency conclave reveals that the Obama administration is actively planning to circumvent a federal court injunction that suspended part of last November’s deferral-based amnesty initiative. The document, apparently prepared as follow-up from a DHS “Regulations Retreat” last summer, appears sure to re-ignite concerns in Congress as well as federal judges in the Fifth Circuit. The Administration has already been criticized from the bench for handing out work permits to hundreds of thousands of deferred action beneficiaries, in direct violation of a district court’s order. With the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals deciding any day now whether to deny the Administration’s request to reverse that injunction, this public leak has come at a critical juncture for U.S. enforcement policy.

Leaked DHS memo shows Obama might circumvent DAPA injunction | TheHill

Obama NEEDS to go IF this is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-02-2015, 07:58 PM
 
11,538 posts, read 5,523,897 times
Reputation: 9888
Obama once again thumbs his nose at the law and thinks of himself as a dictator. He is despicable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2015, 08:23 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,300,095 times
Reputation: 6451
Does not surprise me, dictators don't obey laws and rules, they make their own. He does not give a crap about folloing laws, who the hell does he think he is.

Oh wait Obama, Hillary, quite the match! not made in heaven that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2015, 09:00 PM
 
1,084 posts, read 533,347 times
Reputation: 621
Plus, most members of the current Congress doesn't have the b@lls to challenge Obama on this, much less anything else. I hope that Texas judge throws the book at him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2015, 10:54 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,300,095 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Plus, most members of the current Congress doesn't have the b@lls to challenge Obama on this, much less anything else. I hope that Texas judge throws the book at him.

Boy you hit the nail on the head. Does anyone have the b@lls to challenge Obama and his administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2015, 11:00 PM
 
1,084 posts, read 533,347 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Boy you hit the nail on the head. Does anyone have the b@lls to challenge Obama and his administration.
Sure doesn't seem like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2015, 12:13 AM
 
17,022 posts, read 9,075,713 times
Reputation: 5686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Plus, most members of the current Congress doesn't have the b@lls to challenge Obama on this, much less anything else. I hope that Texas judge throws the book at him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Boy you hit the nail on the head. Does anyone have the b@lls to challenge Obama and his administration.


Makes one wonder if they are all on the same page as one another.

We used to have a government...............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2015, 06:57 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,298,901 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Plus, most members of the current Congress doesn't have the b@lls to challenge Obama on this, much less anything else. I hope that Texas judge throws the book at him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Boy you hit the nail on the head. Does anyone have the b@lls to challenge Obama and his administration.
I don't like saying this but; the REAL reason IMHO that Congress hasn't nailed Obama is because many Black people WILL riot since they truly think racism against them is why their lives suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2015, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
25,384 posts, read 16,309,046 times
Reputation: 14103
Has a president ever been jailed for contempt of court?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2015, 09:12 AM
 
10,859 posts, read 5,098,427 times
Reputation: 6160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
A newly leaked internal DHS memorandum produced for an off-the-record agency conclave reveals that the Obama administration is actively planning to circumvent a federal court injunction that suspended part of last November’s deferral-based amnesty initiative. The document, apparently prepared as follow-up from a DHS “Regulations Retreat” last summer, appears sure to re-ignite concerns in Congress as well as federal judges in the Fifth Circuit. The Administration has already been criticized from the bench for handing out work permits to hundreds of thousands of deferred action beneficiaries, in direct violation of a district court’s order. With the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals deciding any day now whether to deny the Administration’s request to reverse that injunction, this public leak has come at a critical juncture for U.S. enforcement policy.

Leaked DHS memo shows Obama might circumvent DAPA injunction | TheHill

Obama NEEDS to go IF this is true.
Practically everyone thinks the 5th Circuit will affirm Judge Hanen's ruling wh][en they get around to making their ruling. TeamObama is expected to appeal the 5th Circuit decision to the US Supreme Court -- BUT the deadline for any action with SCOTUS before Obama is out of office was in October. SCOTUS can take it up for review the next time they are in Session and if accepted, they can set a future Court Date.

It looks like they are going to try to do this by a New "Rule" about work authorization of some sort. I expect they will wind up right back in Court - these New "Rules" take time to work through the process and they still won't issue a Green Card. It's a bunch of Razzle-Dazzle to impress a Voting block.

By claiming absolute authority to grant work authorization to any alien, regardless of status, DHS is in effect claiming it can unilaterally de-couple the 1986 IRCA work authorization statutes from the main body of U.S. visa law. While DHS must still observe the statutory requirements for issuing visas, the emerging doctrine concedes, the administration now claims unprecedented discretionary power to permit anyone inside our borders to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top