Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 03:54 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,824,260 times

Advertisements

Republican presidential candidate and Sen. Marco Rubio said Wednesday that he'd eventually end protections for young undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children -- a move that would take away the ability to work legally from tens of thousands of so-called Dreamers.

Marco Rubio Says He'd End Protections For Dreamers Even Without Immigration Reform

It sounds to me Trump put the fear of God into the other Repub candidates when Rubio said he'll try to make life harder for Dream Act people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 04:01 PM

62,403 posts, read 28,671,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Republican presidential candidate and Sen. Marco Rubio said Wednesday that he'd eventually end protections for young undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children -- a move that would take away the ability to work legally from tens of thousands of so-called Dreamers.

Marco Rubio Says He'd End Protections For Dreamers Even Without Immigration Reform

It sounds to me Trump put the fear of God into the other Repub candidates when Rubio said he'll try to make life harder for Dream Act people.
He did a turn around then. Awhile back he told Jorge Ramos that if elected president he would continue with the stays of deportation for the Dreamers implemented by Obama until a general amnesty gets passed by congress.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:23 PM

25,622 posts, read 21,786,100 times
I listened to the video and he seemed like a little kid when you have them cornered and are having a hard time getting an answer to what was going on. It seemed twisted that he said that these protections would not end until after immigration was reformed. We don't need "reform". Obviously if that "reform" is amnesty to the parents, the kids will become citizens also by default. It seems like a stall that moves him back to where he wants to be eventually.

I don't like Rubio. It is one of those things that from the first time I saw him, something just wasn't right. We also know he is "puppet". No more "puppets"!

Old 11-04-2015, 04:33 PM

22,286 posts, read 11,787,762 times
I don't trust Rubio. He'll say whatever he has to say to get elected. And should he become president (please, no!) he will still push for a massive increase in H1-Bs and will push for amnesty. In other words, he is just another liar.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,824,260 times
I'm starting to think the Repubs are really gonna start copying Trump when talking about deporting illegal aliens. The American people are pissed and, we're getting madder.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:52 PM

25,622 posts, read 21,786,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'm starting to think the Repubs are really gonna start copying Trump when talking about deporting illegal aliens. The American people are pissed and, we're getting madder.
But, when I was saying something on an issue and find out what you are saying is making you more popular and then I say "Yeah, I'm going to maybe, probably do that if the sun rises in the west and sets in the east." It makes my stand suspicious.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:54 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,544,323 times
Rubio is not worth to be a Senator as he does nothing for us in Florida.

I remember going to a Romney rally 4 years ago and Rubio was suppose to come but supposedly due to one of his kids being in an accident he was a no show.

Of course we felt sorry for him and it seemed his child was ok and nothing serious.

But after that he was more often a no show and we see that during his email responses or no replies and no voting and money paid "by accident" for private expenses from his job credit card!

Old 11-04-2015, 08:01 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,575,970 times
Rubio is a phoney. He will say anything to get elected. He won't even do his job as senator. He on a power trip. I don't trust him....

Old 11-05-2015, 09:09 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,096,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I don't trust Rubio. He'll say whatever he has to say to get elected. And should he become president (please, no!) he will still push for a massive increase in H1-Bs and will push for amnesty. In other words, he is just another liar.
Amen. He is pro-immigration all the way. Plus, don't believe for one SECOND that someone with the last name "RUBIO" isn't pro-amnesty. Puh-lease.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:01 AM

62,403 posts, read 28,671,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Amen. He is pro-immigration all the way. Plus, don't believe for one SECOND that someone with the last name "RUBIO" isn't pro-amnesty. Puh-lease.
Yep! He may be pro-"immigration" but he is also pro-illegal immigration aka pro-amnesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration