U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-09-2015, 02:48 AM
 
3,936 posts, read 5,458,432 times
Reputation: 4156

Advertisements

But, when they asked if she was illegal, Obama told them to say "Yes." Ha. I guess she'll keep on trying. I'm sure Obama's already paid her bail.

Woman Jailed on Charge of Illegal Voting | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

A Grand Prairie woman who is not an American citizen was arrested Friday on charges she voted illegally in Dallas County, prosecutors said.
Rosa Maria Ortega, 35, was booked into the Tarrant County Jail and was being held on $10,000 bond.Ortega is married to an American and is living legally in this country, but is not a citizen and therefore, not qualified to vote, said Harry White, who supervises public integrity and white collar crime investigations for the Tarrant County District Attorney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-09-2015, 03:12 AM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
8,881 posts, read 10,358,662 times
Reputation: 9287
I thought it was odd that this story came out last week when we were voting here in Texas. We had no elections, rather amendments to our Texas Constitution and some local propositions. This woman's votes "The first was in the Republican primary in 2004 and the most recent was the Republican primary runoff in May 2014, Pippins-Poole said." I'm truly baffled, Jess! Really, not being sarcastic. Why is she illegally voting in Republican primaries? And lives in Grand Prairie, which is Tarrant County, but managed to vote in Dallas County? Adding, we can barely get legal voters to vote around here. Something very strange with this story and I don't think it has to do with any political party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,145,912 times
Reputation: 18146
Well, this supports what our state does: Got Voter ID? • S.A.F.E. Act • Kansas Secretary of State Kris W. Kobach Had this been in place there, she wouldn't be in this trouble. See, we are protecting our illegal citizens from getting in this trouble until we can deport them. I do not understand why this isn't the "law of the land". I know, I know, the Dems need the votes which is the best reason to do it!

That article on the grocery store? I'm surprised that hasn't been fashioned into something "racist" even through the store manager was Hispanic. I'm trying to find a way to say, and there isn't one, that people who aren't as "educated" would have a hard time figuring out the store policy and pricing. From the viewpoint of the store management, I understand how they justify it BUT there are other ways. Say, Dillon's (owned by Kroger) just had a sale where if you buy multiplies of 10 of certain specials, you get a great price break (pantry full). I guess that would be just as unfair because not everyone would be able to afford to buy that many.

It is my understanding that in poorer neighborhoods stores often overcharge. Of course that is morally wrong but there are no human laws against it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2015, 03:58 PM
 
17,022 posts, read 9,104,931 times
Reputation: 5686
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I thought it was odd that this story came out last week when we were voting here in Texas. We had no elections, rather amendments to our Texas Constitution and some local propositions. This woman's votes "The first was in the Republican primary in 2004 and the most recent was the Republican primary runoff in May 2014, Pippins-Poole said." I'm truly baffled, Jess! Really, not being sarcastic. Why is she illegally voting in Republican primaries? And lives in Grand Prairie, which is Tarrant County, but managed to vote in Dallas County? Adding, we can barely get legal voters to vote around here. Something very strange with this story and I don't think it has to do with any political party.


Parts of Grand Prairie are in both counties.

Could be voting in Republican Primaries to tilt them intentionally also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2015, 03:24 AM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
8,881 posts, read 10,358,662 times
Reputation: 9287
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Parts of Grand Prairie are in both counties.

Could be voting in Republican Primaries to tilt them intentionally also.
I'm just dying to see where this goes because it's so strange. She's now been indicted and it's a felony charge. She twice tried to register in Tarrant county, but checked that she was not a citizen, so was clearly denied. When she checked that she is a citizen she was registered. This doesn't sound to me like someone intentionally trying to tilt a primary or a general election, either a nutcase or possibly put in to test the system. I realize that the second possibility sounds like a conspiracy theory, but things are not adding up to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2015, 07:49 PM
 
2,542 posts, read 3,536,675 times
Reputation: 993
GITMO for her and obamo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2015, 04:32 AM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
8,881 posts, read 10,358,662 times
Reputation: 9287
Story gets more bizarre Accused Illegal Voter Was “Confused” Says Attorney « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2015, 09:02 PM
 
17,022 posts, read 9,104,931 times
Reputation: 5686
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I'm just dying to see where this goes because it's so strange. She's now been indicted and it's a felony charge. She twice tried to register in Tarrant county, but checked that she was not a citizen, so was clearly denied. When she checked that she is a citizen she was registered. This doesn't sound to me like someone intentionally trying to tilt a primary or a general election, either a nutcase or possibly put in to test the system. I realize that the second possibility sounds like a conspiracy theory, but things are not adding up to me.


There are Dems on here that have claimed to vote in the Republican primaries (registering as such) to tilt the outcome and get the competitor they most desire in the Election.

This shows how easy it is to fraudulently register.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2015, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Alameda, CA
7,406 posts, read 3,748,644 times
Reputation: 1352
So a Conservative Evangelical voted in the Republican primaries and somehow its the Obama and the Democrats fault. I thought Texas had new stricter photo voter id requirements. I guess they aren't very useful at stopping illegal voting after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2015, 09:58 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
8,881 posts, read 10,358,662 times
Reputation: 9287
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
So a Conservative Evangelical voted in the Republican primaries and somehow its the Obama and the Democrats fault. I thought Texas had new stricter photo voter id requirements. I guess they aren't very useful at stopping illegal voting after all.
We do have the voter id law. That's not going to help one bit if you can just register and your application is accepted willy nilly. According to this woman and her lawyer, she also voted (Republican) in general elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top