U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2008, 09:46 PM
 
3,936 posts, read 5,446,580 times
Reputation: 4151

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The ones I do feel bad for are those legal immigrants from Mexico/Central America who played it by the rules.

Thanks for nothing; you bloody illegals and your enablers!
Enablers = our stupid politicians who encourage this travesty by pushing for amnesty. That just makes illegals want to run over to become a citizen. No waiting in those long lines where people are trying to do it the legal way! Thats what Clinton and Obama both want. Amnesty. I think the Democrats are swinging to the other side because of those two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2008, 09:50 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Enablers = our stupid politicians who encourage this travesty by pushing for amnesty. That just makes illegals want to run over to become a citizen. No waiting in those long lines where people are trying to do it the legal way! Thats what Clinton and Obama both want. Amnesty. I think the Democrats are swinging to the other side because of those two.
If you consider amnesty a travesty then you must be at a complete disagreement with the wet foot/dry foot policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 03:16 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
If you consider amnesty a travesty then you must be at a complete disagreement with the wet foot/dry foot policy.
Huh?

How are the two related?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 03:18 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Huh?

How are the two related?

Are illegal immigrants waiting in line? No
Are the Cubans waiting in line? No

It's like an Amnesty. They're not going through the proper documentation to become citizens at first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Enablers = our stupid politicians who encourage this travesty by pushing for amnesty. That just makes illegals want to run over to become a citizen. No waiting in those long lines where people are trying to do it the legal way! Thats what Clinton and Obama both want. Amnesty. I think the Democrats are swinging to the other side because of those two.
Juan McCain is no better.

Being an Arizonan; I find the man disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 03:22 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Juan McCain is no better.

Being an Arizonan; I find the man disgusting.

Even Bob Brinker says he's going to win the republican nomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Even Bob Brinker says he's going to win the republican nomination.
That is quite possible.

Such being the case: either Hillary or Obama will receive my vote......that is how much I detest McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 03:26 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is quite possible.

Such being the case: either Hillary or Obama will receive my vote......that is how much I detest McCain.

When it comes down to it, its all a popularity contest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
When it comes down to it, its all a popularity contest.
BINGO! You nailed that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 06:03 PM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,920,693 times
Reputation: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Are illegal immigrants waiting in line? No
Are the Cubans waiting in line? No

It's like an Amnesty. They're not going through the proper documentation to become citizens at first.
YEP.. I know a few mexicans who did the same..
they "put the cart - before the horse"...

sneak over.. spit-out an anchor baby or two.. then afterwards.. try the legal channels...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top