U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 07:09 AM

16,746 posts, read 9,476,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; I don't think your Muslims will try anything stupid because us Americans go batcrap crazy AND a lot of us have guns and WILL use them. Too; they have to get across an ocean to get here. IF needed; boats and airplanes can be taken out.

Well let's see how that would work when you've already got cities full of them listening to Mullahs spewing whatever. They organize a little terrorist activity that involves them driving a van packed with whatever biological agent they've managed to have smuggled in over to the local water reservoir or hooke it up to a major water line in an obscure location than all walk home to their families.

Who you going to shoot with all of your little guns?

I have witnessed more than one Haz-Mat driver of huge tankers getting down out of his cab wearing flip-flops and displaying a coy of the quran on his dashboard. He decides to meet Allah and collect his 72 virgins by parking that tanker full of jet fuel in your civic-center during a major event ...who you going to shoot?

You people have conflated your self defence against a single criminal threat to yourselves with the efficacy of using your pistollas to defend yourselves from folks who don't shive-a-git while they trigger their suicide vest in your school cafeteria.

Truth is; in countries where battle is currently raging; all the freak'n guns in the world ain't slowing that chit down one iota.

IED's planted under any of the millions of culverts all over your country would result in you assuming the weaver stance only to find you've got nobody to shoot at.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:31 AM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
We "can't" deport them but we have an unlimited supply of billions and billions of dollars to spend on them every year while they send their billions back home? China could build a wall 2200 years ago but we can't do it now? What a bunch of spineless losers. And no one said they had to be deported all at once. Once they see we're serious, plenty will self-deport. Also, not all of them have families. Can we at least start with the ones who've committed crimes (including ID theft and tax evasion) and the ones who don't have US-born kids? Bush and Kasich just spit in the face of every American citizen. They need to get out of public office and go join La Raza or something as activists.
I couldn't agree more. They just don't want to deport them they want to be PC. As you said, if we can spend billions a year on them and add to that the billions they send out our country we certainly can afford to deport them and it doesn't have to be all at once. Implement e-verify and remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and many will self-deport. I didn't watch the whole debate last night but was e-verify and birthright citizenship even brought up by any of the candidates?

40% of these illegals are visa over stayers they should be a lot easier to weed out.

Last edited by Oldglory; 11-11-2015 at 07:53 AM..

Old 11-11-2015, 07:35 AM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
In 30 years when this country gets overrun by Muslims you'll be wishing for illegals from latin america.
Oh, I see pick the lesser of two evils (and I don't necessarily think it would be)? Why should we have to do either? Economic disaster would be just as devastating.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:03 AM

8,071 posts, read 5,078,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
40% of illegal aliens are visa over-stayers, working in places such as Silicon Valley. LEO's need to raid businesses, gather up the visa over-stayers, and put them on planes back to the country in which they belong.

And while we're at it, cancel the H-1B visa program altogether, which was never necessary in the first place.

Our politicians are either unaware of this information, or more likely, are just using vapid, red herring arguments as an excuse to keep the cheap labor lobbies content.
I highly doubt most visa overstayers have high paying jobs. Believe it or not most companies with white collar jobs check immigration status.

H-1B visas are very difficult to get and costly. Companies are not hiring people with the same experience they would be able to hire here. They are also not paying $20k for IT jobs.

You can search the H-1B jobs here, salaries are posted there too.
Search Employers(H1B Visa & Green Card Sponsors) | Myvisajobs.com

Old 11-11-2015, 08:14 AM

10,830 posts, read 3,808,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
In 30 years when this country gets overrun by Muslims you'll be wishing for illegals from latin america.
I prefer neither.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:19 AM

4,824 posts, read 2,348,757 times
I just went to a naturalization ceremony for someone (european). After the certificates were handed out. They began reading the countries of the citizens. Upon after everyone was done 85% of the crowd stranded up and chanted "mexico" all loud. To me it was rude to the other new citizens .

Old 11-11-2015, 11:37 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
8 Reasons Why Rome Fell - History Lists

I'll just leave this right here.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:02 PM

8,834 posts, read 8,966,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I highly doubt most visa overstayers have high paying jobs. Believe it or not most companies with white collar jobs check immigration status.

H-1B visas are very difficult to get and costly. Companies are not hiring people with the same experience they would be able to hire here. They are also not paying $20k for IT jobs.

You can search the H-1B jobs here, salaries are posted there too.
Search Employers(H1B Visa & Green Card Sponsors) | Myvisajobs.com
Not correct. What you are doing is parroting the same lies spewed by the cheap labor lobby. My guess is that you have a vested interest in this topic and you're hoping to go unchallenged because you or somebody you know is benefiting from the H-1B scam.

H1-B's are scab labor, brought in to displace qualified U.S. workers. Typically, companies fire U.S. workers, then claim they cannot find replacements and they cannot survive without cheap scab laborers.

It is a scam, and your argument is just as tired as the "Who will pick the tomatoes?" argument regarding illegal immigration from Mexico.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:12 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well let's see how that would work when you've already got cities full of them listening to Mullahs spewing whatever. They organize a little terrorist activity that involves them driving a van packed with whatever biological agent they've managed to have smuggled in over to the local water reservoir or hooke it up to a major water line in an obscure location than all walk home to their families.

Who you going to shoot with all of your little guns?

I have witnessed more than one Haz-Mat driver of huge tankers getting down out of his cab wearing flip-flops and displaying a coy of the quran on his dashboard. He decides to meet Allah and collect his 72 virgins by parking that tanker full of jet fuel in your civic-center during a major event ...who you going to shoot?

You people have conflated your self defence against a single criminal threat to yourselves with the efficacy of using your pistollas to defend yourselves from folks who don't shive-a-git while they trigger their suicide vest in your school cafeteria.

Truth is; in countries where battle is currently raging; all the freak'n guns in the world ain't slowing that chit down one iota.

IED's planted under any of the millions of culverts all over your country would result in you assuming the weaver stance only to find you've got nobody to shoot at.
If you're right: I'll def do MY part to send Islamists to their 72 virgins if they're gonna try to take me out.

Too; bacon grease thrown onto an Islamist is like Kryptonite to Super Man.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:25 PM

6,730 posts, read 1,899,090 times
We as a nation have a choice. We can enforce current law and put some teeth into the consequences of violating said laws or we can continue doing what we have been doing. We have seen illegals flee from cities that cracked down on them. Make E-verify the law of the land. What ever the cost is to deport an illegal should be doubled and be the fine imposed upon an employer who gets caught hiring illegals. That fine is compounded for every illegal on his work force. We should also strip the illegal of any of his illegally attained assets.
This will never happen as both parties seem to be focused on catering to a very specific voting group. So what we will get is rhetoric and nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or