U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 02:05 AM

407 posts, read 715,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I don't look at him as black or white, I see him as Pro-Illegal
BINGO!!! You get the prize!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 07:34 AM

474 posts, read 527,022 times
I agree with MKFarnam: Obama is pro- illegal. I am no Bill Clinton advocate but his use of the word fairy-tale comes to mind when I look at Obama's background. We are hiring someone to lead our country out a fiscal and homeland security mess. And we want to give the job to a man that is still in his first year of service in the Senate? He boasts of his involvement with a community activist group as though it was a large network of programs that gave him executive experience. The name of the organization is Developing Communities Project. Check its 990 form on GuideStar nonprofit reports and Forms 990 for donors, grantmakers and businesses. You will have to register but it is free. The site is priceless because you check up on your favorite non-profits. There is a page that lists officers, salaries etc. as well. The organization Obama worked for was a small church run group that dealt with drug addicts and other unfortunate people. A great mission but no substitute to run a country of 300 million people, most of whom are held accountable to the laws and taxes while the invaders who cross the border at will are not. We have created a sub-culture of off the record people who are on a free ride. Citizenship does matter. It is a social contract between a people and their government. A mutual exchange. Adherence to the laws to protect all its members in exchange for the right to certain programs etc. Th3 14th amendment says "all persons born here" but goes on to say "under our jurisdiction." Where do illegals still under the jurisdiction of their countries of origin get the idea that they can turn our constitution into something that allows them to come and go at will without the benefit of supervision and documentation. Every society has rules and regulations to preserve its members. Those societies don't have weak livered congress men and women who have sold us down the river.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:37 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,209,773 times
Don't forget, Obama is also Muslim.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:34 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Don't forget, Obama is also Muslim.
Easy there: Obama himself denies being Islamic------and, I tend to believe the man.

According to Muslim belief; denying one's faith is punishable by death-----never mind in most countries, secular law supersedes religious beliefs where there is a conflict between the two.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:26 PM

474 posts, read 527,022 times
Utopia? Uptopian to expect that all people who live in America obey our laws? Why should any of us be held accountable in a court of law, while the "border jumpers" as Pinestra calls them, can change their names at will and avoid censure of any kind. However, they are able to sign up for benefits under each name they choose to be called on any given day. Is it of concern to you that there are no chest x-rays or health checks given at the borders before they "jump across." Perhaps, you would like to worry as we do that the ten cases of tb in our community, all traceable to the "jumpers" spread to our children? Many children enroll in our schools with papers purchased on the street. Our principal asked one kid about his green card in an effort to help him and within an hour immigration was calling to say that was not permissable as it made the student feel unwelcome? How is it we, the documented, have to produce our documents when we ask for any kind of service, but the undocumented are allowed to remain undocumented for the same service. It is obvious that you have not shared an emergency room with illegals, where they simply say, "no English, no insurance, want interpreter and doctor, no nurse, want doctor." Our emergency services such as ambulance calls have been discontinued because the illegals found that they could call, avoid the crowdedness and get a welfare voucher to return home. This practice was so numerous, the service was discontinued. I say, yes, deport the ones you can or else let the rest of us off the hook. No repreimand, no court, no prison for us and let us sign up for all the benefits. By the way, do you approve the rebates from the economic stimulus bill being given to all who "file an income tax form, income $3,000 and over? Our bright ones in Washington said they included language that would preclude illegals from getting the rebates. But then, of course, the kicker. They said, there is no way to check the income tax returns for citizenship, so...............

Last edited by Friendly blogger; 02-13-2008 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: spelling and omission of key words

Old 02-14-2008, 02:12 AM

126 posts, read 245,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I DO think Buchanan's ideas are very much on the mark. I think he's a brilliant thinker, and its sad to see him marginalized because he's not Politically Correct. His messages certainly aren't "cheery".....(who says they SHOULD be?) The situation needs to be addressed, and if something's going wrong, it needs to be fixed. That's true for a car, true for a business, a person, or a nation. If it's "sick", then it needs to start living and operating by healthier new rules.

I'm not quite as familiar with the other writers, but to me, Buchanan's logic is unassailable: You just can't HAVE a country, without some common "purpose" or agreed-upon goal, or standards. This means ( ouch !) a "culture"....which then means ( double ouch !) that NOT EVERYONE or EVERYTHING will "fit in'---or can be 'allowed'. NO company, no family, no organization, no group, allows EVERYONE IN. It's just not possible, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of us knows this---we just can't SAY it, because it sounds like we're EXCLUDING someone. Well, as a matter of fact, we are, and we MUST.

The time is fast approaching when the very DEFINITION of a "country" is going to be tested. What, exactly, IS a country? And what is the importance of laws and standards in defining a country?...and what does a COUNTRY do with those who can not, or WILL not, conform themselves to ITS laws?---to ITS requirements? Can a country "make" people conform? If they don't, can a country refuse their entry? Is an organization which has NO right to set any standards concerning its members really a "country" at ALL? And lastly, has there ever BEEN a country, anywhere on earth, at any time in history, that has allowed free and unrestricted immigration, requires NO loyalty of its "inhabitants" (legal or not), and allows ALL of its inhabitants their choice of ANY CULTURE THEY CHOOSE, while guranteeing everyone else this SAME FREEDOM? If there's never BEEN such a place, WHY NOT?

I think these are fair questions, and I think they should be addressed, calmly and logically, with no mention of "racism", "xenophobia", or "feelings", or what is, or isn't "nice", or "mean". We're talking about the ability of a "nation" to exist. To do so, what things are neccessary?
History tells us that Empire's are not to exist forever, our country's wealth
was built on slave work from Africa, which lasted until the 1960's with the end of apartheid in the U.S., since then we have depended more and more on
labor from our neighbors down south and so far they have done an exceptional
work, but as they too progress in the economic ladder we need to keep
importing them, U.S. largest economy is still agriculture, if you take effective
labor from the equation, agriculture will also collapse, and will follow the fate of so many other sectors of the economy where the jobs have gone abroad, soon we may even get education over the internet by folks in India or China,
I always tell my fellow Americans; be careful on what you wish for!!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 03:08 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,063,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
was built on slave work from Africa, which lasted until the 1960's with the end of apartheid in the U.S., since then we have depended more and more on
importing them, U.S. largest economy is still agriculture, if you take effective
labor from the equation, agriculture will also collapse, and will follow the fate of so many other sectors of the economy where the jobs have gone abroad, soon we may even get education over the internet by folks in India or China,
Oh my God! Deja Vu?

Old 02-14-2008, 07:56 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,175,450 times
Quote:
That's the second thread I've seen this post in, and it's STILL a large pile of Bull dung smelling up the forum. I'd give you a history lesson but it would seriously confuse you.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:48 PM

126 posts, read 245,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
That's the second thread I've seen this post in, and it's STILL a large pile of Bull dung smelling up the forum. I'd give you a history lesson but it would seriously confuse you.
Really? bring it on!!!!!

Old 02-16-2008, 07:22 AM

407 posts, read 715,076 times
Quote:
Really? bring it on!!!!!
You first since you are the one posting all over the place how terrible the whites are in our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration