U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2008, 12:35 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
...your actions demonstrate a distinct difference between reality and your self-assessment.
The preponderance of evidence suggests lightly that the intense flame from the microscopic pladula is nestled between the boughs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 09:32 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
The preponderance of evidence suggests lightly that the intense flame from the microscopic pladula is nestled between the boughs.
Funny you should mention that...as a matter of fact, "intense flames from the microscopic pladula" is one of the VERY FAVORITE topics of discussion around our dinner table, at least 3 nights per week.....

Old 02-08-2008, 09:53 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Funny you should mention that...as a matter of fact, "intense flames from the microscopic pladula" is one of the VERY FAVORITE topics of discussion around our dinner table, at least 3 nights per week.....
Oh mine too! That and 'halothane inhibits the activity of pulmonary alveolar macrophages'.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:30 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Oh mine too! That and 'halothane inhibits the activity of pulmonary alveolar macrophages'.
A subject that gets FAR too little coverage these days, IMO...thanks for bringing it up...

Old 02-08-2008, 10:50 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
yes you are right.
what can i do to make it
stop?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:11 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
yes you are right.
what can i do to make it
stop?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dc/Headon.jpg (broken link)

Apply to your forehead.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:17 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,780,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Buchanan disses ideology by substituting his own version of ideology.

Few are as ideologically constrained as Buchanan has shown himself to be, from his outmoded libertarian leanings to his outdated 'white man should rule' rants, he's nothing if not an old style ideologue himself.

Anyone who thinks todays partisan politics is anything other than the norm, hasn't spent much time looking at history.

If anything, divisiveness is less today than many times in our political past.

But what of the future?

That future will be carved out by the younger people who are replacing an older generation, ....a younger generation not constrained by the likes of Buchanan's style of ideology or any other strict ideological 'norm'.

Buchanan, and the rest of the 'idealist' boomers are on the way out.

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

Change is coming, .....folks like Buchanan don't like seeing their idea of who should be in charge changing.

It's the same old story which plays out whenever the status quo is challenged,

....they can wish it weren't so, they can wail about their loss of the 'glories' of their past,

....but they won't be able to stop change....
I guess I'd be right on the tip of "Generation Y" or whatever it's called...this generation is not constrained by anything...not even an inner sense of morality. Consumerism, instant gratification, and a sense of entitlement is what this generation is all about and it's appalling. I think that this generation needs to hear from Buchanan and maybe get a nice kick in the rear.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:41 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,892,377 times
We like to argue the ever contentious "ontogeny begets phylogeny" at our place.....

Old 02-09-2008, 12:15 PM

407 posts, read 714,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I guess I'd be right on the tip of "Generation Y" or whatever it's called...this generation is not constrained by anything...not even an inner sense of morality. Consumerism, instant gratification, and a sense of entitlement is what this generation is all about and it's appalling. I think that this generation needs to hear from Buchanan and maybe get a nice kick in the rear.
If one reads what is posted by the pro-illegal bunch in here it doesn't take long to realize that most of them are very young and don't know their history or the Constitution and only know what has been told to them by other pro-illegal people. They also have no idea what the real world is all about.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:50 PM

226 posts, read 268,799 times
I think it is disintergrating. A friend of mine said she went to a school program and all the kids had to sing in spanish because we are becoming a minority. What is wrong with this picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration