U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 08:50 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times

Advertisements

We all know that even before Obama, the states were letting illegal immigration slide. I can't even get my congressional members to answer a phone call or email on illegal immigration. I know the reason is the cheap labor and our state is especially corrupted by big business. Although I thought our state, Kansas, had stopped in-state tuition, they are still trying to get it stopped. Other states have in-state tuition and some are issuing driver's license and giving out other services to illegals that they are not entitled to which would be anything that they get.

We were in AL when they decided to get their police force through the required hoops to detain and hold illegals. I was impressed that they cared that much. But so many of the states are flaky on this corrupted by big business. I think it is funny that some believe it is a matter of "compassion" while anyone with a clue knows that is not why the illegals haven't been tossed a long time ago.

So, if we get a POTUS that is willing to "allow" enforcement of the immigration law, how will the states be dealt with. We have the meat and dog food industries here and now that they have went high tech, there aren't jobs for uneducated people here yet they come and just depend on the public assistance the anchor babies bring in.
The charities and stores here are constantly begging for food donations. I mean, all the time. I have been poor and I did not resort to begging and public assistance. They couldn't afford to live in their country of origin and they can't afford to live here. They are not our responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 09:09 AM

31,497 posts, read 14,573,470 times
My state of Calif. is a lost cause I'm afraid. We have the most illegals of any other state and our state government doesn't care. Besides, look what happened to Arizona when they tried to enforce our immigration laws. Obama was all over them like fleas on a dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or