Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 10:46 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,801,219 times

Advertisements

Numero Uno
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 10:52 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,557,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple1975 View Post
Since Trump seems to be the only candidate with a hard stance against illegal immigration, including deportation of those already here, do you think the issue itself is serious enough to the American people to vote him into the presidency?

I personally think it is the single greatest problem facing our country at this time and that we must vote for him simple because he is the only one who we can count on to handle the problem appropriately.
I think Trump has made it quite apparent that it is one of the Major problems we face, if not the Most Major one at this time, by the support he is getting, when he was considered a "Long Shot." You also aren't going to hear much about that from the other Candidates on their own, because they are interested in the votes. However, you see very few outright attacking him over it because they Know its Important to the people. Trump has them between a rock and a hard place.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:58 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,557,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
It's probably between 20 and 30 million illegals. Time to clean house! Goooooo TRUMP
Exactly! The Government does not want you to know how many are here. 20 and 30 would probably be light, but a lot closer than their 11 million stance.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:24 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
Extremely important from every single stand point. Self explanatory. I do not only think of right now and the problems I see and witness with illegals, not immigrants because they are not.

They do destruction to the areas they live in, and the values of homes do go down. If people say they are not costing us money to be here, they are lying. They do commit crimes, I know first hand that they do and leave it at that.

But it is not the now I am worried about, but the future for our children, and our grandchildren, and future generations. Will there still be America or will it be something else in the future. If we do not get a grip on this situation right now, or get the right candidate for this Country we are screwed people.

What will this Country be like for future generations, will English even be spoken anymore!

Old 11-20-2015, 12:37 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,003 times
Quote:
Since Trump seems to be the only candidate with a hard stance against illegal immigration, including deportation of those already here, do you think the issue itself is serious enough to the American people to vote him into the presidency?

I personally think it is the single greatest problem facing our country at this time and that we must vote for him simple because he is the only one who we can count on to handle the problem appropriately.
It is a huge problem.
You can see the greatest example between Los Angeles and Boston.

In Los Angeles as an American you almost cant get a service industry job without speaking Spanish at this point.
There are almost all Hispanics working the service industry.

Boston, total opposite situation. You have whites and blacks of all ages doing all that work that illegals do in Los Angeles.
So that tells you illegals are keeping Americans out of jobs.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:33 PM

271 posts, read 389,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
It is a huge problem.

In Los Angeles as an American you almost cant get a service industry job without speaking Spanish at this point.

Boston, total opposite situation. You have whites and blacks of all ages doing all that work that illegals do in Los Angeles.
Same with Houston, San Antonio, El Paso, etc. It is not even like being in the same country anymore. Northern state Americans simply do not grasp the seriousness of the issue at hand. It will be on their doorstep before long and they'll know they are screwed when it is too late!

Old 11-21-2015, 12:33 AM

6,220 posts, read 3,587,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
It is a huge problem.

The same applies to local government jobs.

Old 11-21-2015, 03:42 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,419,656 times
Illegal immigration is the biggest single issue because it plays into all the other important issues:

Defending our sovereignty (independence and self-determination as a nation), our borders, our national identity, our culture, our history, our jobs, our wages and -- most important -- the recognition that our leaders should defend the interests of Americans first and foremost. That is their job.

If people want -- as Christians or as liberals or both -- to help foreigners, they are free to do so out of their own wallets.

But my view is that we have plenty of needy people here to take care of. They should come first.

All this sympathy for illegals (and Muslim refugees) when we have so many suffering Americans is bizarre.

No, it is worse than that. It shows that the basic motivation for those who support foreigners over Americans is hatred of this country: of its founding principles, of the rule of law, of white people, of European civilization, of Western Civilization in general, of Christianity, of rationality, science, technology, merit, equal opportunity, personal freedom, individual rights as opposed to group "rights," basic fairness, prosperity, and everything else that has made America attractive to immigrants.

Wallowing in white guilt, or sticking their hands out if they are not white, these malefactors will destroy this country if we allow them to.

In a democracy, if we don't like a law we change it.

If Americans wanted to, they would elect politicians who would vote to would open up our borders and eliminate all immigration rules. But they haven't that.

And yet, we have had 30 years of out-of-control law-breaking with our nation's leaders looking the other way.

This shows that we have totally failed as a nation.

Without Trump or someone else who follows his policies, that failure will be complete and irreversible.

Mark my words.

Last edited by dechatelet; 11-21-2015 at 03:59 AM..

Old 11-21-2015, 05:02 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,062,294 times
It's very important. We need to close our borders. I wouldn't say it's the #1 issue, however.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:10 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,605,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I don't think it's THE most important issue. Income inequality, lack of opportunities, the replacement of good-paying jobs with low-paying McJobs, and the out-of-control cost of healthcare are all more important to me personally.

That being said, I won't vote for a pro-amnesty candidate. At all.

If that means I stay home on Election Day, that's what it means.
You may be letting Hillary win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
But all of the above can directly be attributed to illegal immigration at least in part.
I said the same thing but cancelled the post.....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
From what i read America has 11 million illegal immigrants mostly from central America, considering America is one of the richest countries in the world and its southern neighbors some of the poorest countries in the world it seems a rather natural course of events to have some illegal migration to the USA. IMO the media is blowing this story and its implied importance way out of proportion as 11 million in a country of 320 million represents a very insignificant number.
You might want to verify those numbers with something other than the broadcast news stations. They haven't changed the numbers in years and they have been pouring across the border by the thousands since that number was first mentioned. You might open your mind and read Ann Coulter's book which was well researched and factual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The cost of illegals to this nation is a hot topic and rightly so. Estimates vary widely and for a good reason.

We have the costs of incarceration for illegals. We have the costs of providing education and the additional requirements for students who are non-english speakers. We have the costs of dealing with uninsured unlicensed drivers. We have the costs of providing school lunches, medical care, legal services etc. Then we have the costs of providing welfare to their children born on our soil.

Then we have the costs that are nearly impossible to quantify. What are the costs of stolen ID? What are the costs of American citizens displaced by illegals who work for much less? Do all these displaced American workers simply find another job the next day or do they end up on welfare? What are the costs of the victims of violent crimes committed by illegals?

Yes Illegal immigration is a huge problem in this country. The answer isn't to lower our standards and allow anyone in who wants a better life just because it feels good.

This isn't the early 1900's. We produce enough low skilled and undereducated people on our own. We as a country have the right to be as selective as we deem appropriate based on our needs. We absolutely owe no debt to the illegals or any applicant for an immigration VISA. It is not their right to come here simply because they want to. It is outrageous that our elected reps seem to feel that the needs of illegals outweigh the needs of our own people and of our nation.
Pretty well sums up the situation. eta: I did separate the paragraphs in the above quote for clarity only. Not sure how to note that fact before someone reports me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
First of all, you can't actually believe that we only have 11 million illegals in this country. Every single day, illegals sneak across our borders or overstay visas. Yet the lamestream media keeps telling us that the number of illegals has not increased in years. It's not hard to do the math to realize that, at this point, the number far exceeds 11 million.

....snipped...!
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
It's probably between 20 and 30 million illegals. Time to clean house! Goooooo TRUMP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Kind of funny that you're trying to beat me up over this issue when:

A.) I am of a like mind on this issue
B.) DH and I are already researching our options to get out of this hellhole and to somewhere where Americans still come first.

I also strongly recommend that you stop trying to alienate people who agree with you.
I have to say that I didn't, at first, get the idea that you agreed with what he said in a subsequent post to your original post where you said that illegal immigration wasn't the paramount issue in this election for you.
You did agree, after, he posted.

I read that he was posting his ideas to no one in particular but to the subject matter. JMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
I'm voting primarily based on a candidate's views on illegal immigration, as it contributes to so many other problems we have in the country: unemployment, suppressed wages, crime, and out-of-control spending.

Trump or Cruz.
Research what Cruz says. He has been real high on my list but, he has slid around a little on immigration and he is for more H1b visas issued. I am totally against that. Look at what happened at the Disney parks. IT people had to train their own replacement of foreign workers. I wouldn't go to Disney for any reason, now or ever. And, no one seems to care. Again, they don't until it hits them personally in their pockets or a loved one is killed or maimed.....then people get all indignant and up in arms....

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Extremely important from every single stand point. Self explanatory. I do not only think of right now and the problems I see and witness with illegals, not immigrants because they are not.

They do destruction to the areas they live in, and the values of homes do go down. If people say they are not costing us money to be here, they are lying. They do commit crimes, I know first hand that they do and leave it at that.

But it is not the now I am worried about, but the future for our children, and our grandchildren, and future generations. Will there still be America or will it be something else in the future. If we do not get a grip on this situation right now, or get the right candidate for this Country we are screwed people.

What will this Country be like for future generations, will English even be spoken anymore!
My grandchildren and their children has been my biggest worry. I am seeing it today with a couple of them in their pursuit of the trade jobs.

You say immigrants don't bother you, go to the threads about the Somali's, etc in Ohio and Minnesota and the havoc they are causing. It isn't just illegals or Hispanics. A lot of immigrants have come to this county, assimilated to the laws and customs of this country and were productive, fine Americans. Now, there are too many, too much diversity and not enough jobs and economic opportunity. Any fool can see that.

Quote:
Same with Houston, San Antonio, El Paso, etc. It is not even like being in the same country anymore. Northern state Americans simply do not grasp the seriousness of the issue at hand. It will be on their doorstep before long and they'll know they are screwed when it is too late!
Here in central Fl we are overrun with Hispanics. I go in several stores and that is all I hear is Spanish, ninety miles per hour, nonstop Spanish in a predominately English speaking customer store.
They barely can stop with the Spanish long enough to take care of you.....

I learned from this thread. Thanks for all the input.

Last edited by AnnieA; 11-21-2015 at 12:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration