U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 07:18 PM

1,377 posts, read 848,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crouching_tiger View Post
The american economy has hugely benefited from the cheap labor that they provide, not to mention all the increase in economic activity and overall consumer spending due to their presence.

We should be really thankful to them.
I don't understand how can 11 million people could have such a great affect in the US. How can that be? Are the numbers much greater then they are telling us???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
I don't understand how can 11 million people could have such a great affect in the US. How can that be? Are the numbers much greater then they are telling us???
Well I guess there must be many many more than reported.......

Old 11-25-2015, 02:59 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Think about it. The government has been telling us for years that there are 11 million illegals in our country. Despite the fact that every single day untold numbers of illegals sneak across the border or overstay visas. It's not hard to do the math and realize that the number has to be a heckuva lot higher than 11 million.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Think about it. The government has been telling us for years that there are 11 million illegals in our country. Despite the fact that every single day untold numbers of illegals sneak across the border or overstay visas. It's not hard to do the math and realize that the number has to be a heckuva lot higher than 11 million.
Well a few years back I recall the number being 30 to 40 million. BTW Around my home we have a Lowe's which have the signs both in English and Spanish yet I'm on the East Coast. Another thing I noticed when I do surveys (to keep busy and make a tiny bit of money online) every time they ask if I'm Hispanic right off the bat, but according to the census Hispanics constituted 17 percent of the nation's total population. Seem to me something is off and a bit fishy.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:27 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crouching_tiger View Post
The american economy has hugely benefited from the cheap labor that they provide, not to mention all the increase in economic activity and overall consumer spending due to their presence.

We should be really thankful to them.
Sorry; I think you're 100 percent WRONG there because ILLEGAL aliens DO force down wages which has hurt a LOT of people.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:46 AM

17,022 posts, read 9,064,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I don't think it's THE most important issue. Income inequality, lack of opportunities, the replacement of good-paying jobs with low-paying McJobs, and the out-of-control cost of healthcare are all more important to me personally.

That being said, I won't vote for a pro-amnesty candidate. At all.

If that means I stay home on Election Day, that's what it means.

Don't fool yourself that illegal entrants into our country aren't affecting the very things you are concerned with.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:18 AM

17,022 posts, read 9,064,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
From what i read America has 11 million illegal immigrants mostly from central America, considering America is one of the richest countries in the world and its southern neighbors some of the poorest countries in the world it seems a rather natural course of events to have some illegal migration to the USA. IMO the media is blowing this story and its implied importance way out of proportion as 11 million in a country of 320 million represents a very insignificant number.

Naturally, among those even born in our nation, some robbery, murder, rape, etc. will take place but it's a minority of the population so it's OK!?!

Old 11-27-2015, 03:40 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Update:

Number of Migrants Illegally Crossing Rio Grande Rises Sharply

Old 11-30-2015, 11:14 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No surprise there.

DH and I were at a Wal-Mart over the weekend...in a nice part of town...and didn't hear English at ALL in the store. 90% of the clientele were Spanish-speaking Hispanics, most of them with Mexican accents.

We were wondering if we'd taken a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in Mexico. Nope. Dallas.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:21 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Not a top 5 issue in this country...most would put these issues above it:

Economy jobs/income
Health
Debt
Terrorism
Energy Resources
Education
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or