Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 12:59 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
You may be letting Hillary win.

I said the same thing but cancelled the post.....lol

You might want to verify those numbers with something other than the broadcast news stations. They haven't changed the numbers in years and they have been pouring across the border by the thousands since that number was first mentioned. You might open your mind and read Ann Coulter's book which was well researched and factual.

Pretty well sums up the situation. eta: I did separate the paragraphs in the above quote for clarity only. Not sure how to note that fact before someone reports me.....

I have to say that I didn't, at first, get the idea that you agreed with what he said in a subsequent post to your original post where you said that illegal immigration wasn't the paramount issue in this election for you.
You did agree, after, he posted.

I read that he was posting his ideas to no one in particular but to the subject matter. JMO.

Research what Cruz says. He has been real high on my list but, he has slid around a little on immigration and he is for more H1b visas issued. I am totally against that. Look at what happened at the Disney parks. IT people had to train their own replacement of foreign workers. I wouldn't go to Disney for any reason, now or ever. And, no one seems to care. Again, they don't until it hits them personally in their pockets or a loved one is killed or maimed.....then people get all indignant and up in arms....

My grandchildren and their children has been my biggest worry. I am seeing it today with a couple of them in their pursuit of the trade jobs.

You say immigrants don't bother you, go to the threads about the Somali's, etc in Ohio and Minnesota and the havoc they are causing. It isn't just illegals or Hispanics. A lot of immigrants have come to this county, assimilated to the laws and customs of this country and were productive, fine Americans. Now, there are too many, too much diversity and not enough jobs and economic opportunity. Any fool can see that.

Here in central Fl we are overrun with Hispanics. I go in several stores and that is all I hear is Spanish, ninety miles per hour, nonstop Spanish in a predominately English speaking customer store.
They barely can stop with the Spanish long enough to take care of you.....

I learned from this thread. Thanks for all the input.

I understand why in FL you are hearing so much Spanish as the Cubans haven't assimilated linguistically into our country. Even though they know English they will never choose it as their primary language of usage. It is a non-assimilation factor to me. It is the same thing here in the southwest and it is mostly due to illegal immigration. Diversity is going to go by the wayside here as they continue to grow as an ethnic group because of our open borders to the south. You are right also about too much "immigration" depleting jobs and resources for Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 04:57 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Anyone who doesn't see illegal immigration as a problem are willfully blind to it. They feel that Their not affected so it isn't a problem. When you talk about Americans and legal immigrants who has been displaced by illegals, you get "well they should get a better education. When you discuss the crimes committed by illegals you get "well americans commit crimes too."
It really is sad that some people are so willing to put the needs of illegals over their own citizens.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Anyone who doesn't see illegal immigration as a problem are willfully blind to it. They feel that Their not affected so it isn't a problem. When you talk about Americans and legal immigrants who has been displaced by illegals, you get "well they should get a better education. When you discuss the crimes committed by illegals you get "well americans commit crimes too."
It really is sad that some people are so willing to put the needs of illegals over their own citizens.

Agreed. I have heard those same lame excuses defending illegal aliens and even more so. It makes me sick at heart if those making those lame excuses and demonizing law abiding Americans are Americans themselves. How can that be? I will never figure it out.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:41 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple1975 View Post
Not trying to beat you up at all...don't be so sensitive. Mostly it was directed at everyone who reads who does't appreciate the seriousness of the issue...not necessarily you. You pretty much just solicited the lecture from me when your post relatively downplayed the issue.

Honestly though, most people in Texas that are American citizens already fully realize the magnitude of the problem as it is pretty much impossible to avoid if you ever leave your house.

Get the hell out of there though. I still kick myself for staying there for so many years.
I'll look past the "solicited the lecture" remark (pretty condescending) and agree with you that Texas is a hellhole. I can't wait to get out of here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
You may be letting Hillary win.
Hardly. This is Texas. It's a mortal lock for whoever the GOP nominee turns out to be.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:05 AM

337 posts, read 405,673 times
The american economy has hugely benefited from the cheap labor that they provide, not to mention all the increase in economic activity and overall consumer spending due to their presence.

We should be really thankful to them.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crouching_tiger View Post
The american economy has hugely benefited from the cheap labor that they provide, not to mention all the increase in economic activity and overall consumer spending due to their presence.

The only ones benefiting from illegal labor are those who hire them. The rest of pay through the nose. Little to nothing is passed onto the consumer in reduced prices. Yeah, we should be thankful that they violated our immigration laws, reduced our wages, stolen our jobs, increased our overall taxes, overcrowded our schools, jails and hospitals, added to uncontrolled population growth, added to our crimes stats, stolen our ID's and have sent billions out of our country to their homelands not spent in our economy.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:29 PM

271 posts, read 390,177 times
Quote:

What an ignorant point of view. Even if you were successful in proving that the American citizens are benefiting from cheap labor, etc. does NOT mean that it is still a good thing for America. Money is not everything and there are MANY, MANY negatives as has been discussed in this thread.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:06 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
How important?

Border, culture, and language. Very important.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:18 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Quote:

-taking Americans' jobs
-driving down wages for the middle class
-consuming more in welfare than they contribute in taxes

Nothing to be thankful for at all.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:35 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:

New to this planet are you? The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers (2013) and The High Cost of Cheap Labor | Center for Immigration Studies and Low-paid illegal work force has little impact on prices | The Seattle Times and Phony Farm Labor Shortage: We Need to Talk About It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The only ones benefiting from illegal labor are those who hire them. The rest of pay through the nose. Little to nothing is passed onto the consumer in reduced prices. Yeah, we should be thankful that they violated our immigration laws, reduced our wages, stolen our jobs, increased our overall taxes, overcrowded our schools, jails and hospitals, added to uncontrolled population growth, added to our crimes stats, stolen our ID's and have sent billions out of our country to their homelands not spent in our economy.
That kind of sums it up. There are tons of articles on the internet, government studies to back up the claims being made by Oldglory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
-taking Americans' jobs
-driving down wages for the middle class
-consuming more in welfare than they contribute in taxes

Nothing to be thankful for at all.
You forgot: Illegal Alien Minors Spreading TB, Dengue, Swine Flu - Judicial Watch and Disease plagues illegal immigrants; lack of medications, basic hygiene blamed - Washington Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration