U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 03:17 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times

Advertisements

Well with the drivers license thing.. they're going to be driving anyway so..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 03:18 PM

7,922 posts, read 7,617,489 times
I'm sure when the illegals get their "paperwork" using false social security numbers that they would not be averse to getting false driving licences. I went for my driving licence in Florida and passed it. I had to show my passport and all documentation that i was in the USA legally. They would only issue it for three months as that was the period i was allowed to stay. Am i doing this wrong, maybe i should take the ILLEGAL route as it seems i will get better help?????

Old 02-02-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I'm sure when the illegals get their "paperwork" using false social security numbers that they would not be averse to getting false driving licences. I went for my driving licence in Florida and passed it. I had to show my passport and all documentation that i was in the USA legally. They would only issue it for three months as that was the period i was allowed to stay. Am i doing this wrong, maybe i should take the ILLEGAL route as it seems i will get better help?????
I've heard if you have the right connections you could actually get a REAL fake I.D. It costs an upwards of 1k though.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:22 PM

8,062 posts, read 15,865,120 times
Quote:
Why is Hillary Clinton doing so well in the polls when she wants to give ILLEGALS driving licences..... oops forgot that she will do or say anything to try to get votes.
You've got that wrong. Obama wants to give licenses to illegals; Hillary does not. See Thursday's debate.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
You've got that wrong. Obama wants to give licenses to illegals; Hillary does not. See Thursday's debate.
Hilary did before, but she said "lol, never mind. I was jk"

Old 02-02-2008, 03:27 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Well with the drivers license thing.. they're going to be driving anyway so..
That's pretty much it in a nutshell, IMO. By law they are not supposed to be driving because they do not have a license, but they do anyhow! Apparently they feel the laws do not apply to them or something. And I could not care less if there is not a way for them to get a license. If you don't have a license, you don't drive. There is nothing to discuss. There are other ways for them to get around but it is just sooo much easier to thumb their collective noses at US law and drive anyhow.

They could:

ride a bus
ride a train
get a ride with someone who does have a license
ride a bike
walk
skateboard
check online for someone to carpool with
call a taxi
etc.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:28 PM

7,922 posts, read 7,617,489 times
Hillary was one of the first to suggest this idea. She saw the bad response and quickly backtracked. As i said she'd say ANYTHING to become President.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
That's pretty much it in a nutshell, IMO. By law they are not supposed to be driving because they do not have a license, but they do anyhow! Apparently they feel the laws do not apply to them or something. And I could not care less if there is not a way for them to get a license. If you don't have a license, you don't drive. There is nothing to discuss. There are other ways for them to get around but it is just sooo much easier to thumb their collective noses at US law and drive anyhow.

They could:

ride a bus
ride a train
ride a bike
walk
skateboard
etc.
Well I mean.. they need to get around some how.. You forgot a major principle in Mexican culture. Its the same in American culture, Keeping up with the Jones'. Why do you think they drive those big SUV's and trucks? they want to keep up with all the other Mexicans.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:30 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post

They could:

ride a bus
ride a train
ride a bike
walk
skateboard
etc.
Or; more and more states can pass/enforce laws like Arizona/Oklahoma which in effect, are making life a living hell for illegals.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:30 PM

8,062 posts, read 15,865,120 times
Quote:
Also most goods in the USA comes from China. I had a lot of Americana items for my wifes shop here. We had to peel of the "made in china" stickers that was on ALL of the items.
Wow, that's really embarrassing! Especially since the things I bring back from England are made in the UK!

Personal plea, LOL: PLEASE move to Abilene, TX, and open an English tea room/pub here!!!!! Property and taxes are inexpensive here and we have a lovely, restored downtown. A tea room/pub would be ideal and you'd make a mint!! Abilenians eat at restaurants very, very often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or