U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-02-2008, 06:19 PM
 
440 posts, read 236,417 times
Reputation: 117

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Actually there are 20 or so million according to the immigrationcounter. But we may never know how many there are. And only HALF of those are from Mexico, the other half are from other countries. And for the record, I only know one illegal who gets welfare from the government. Long story short, she gets welfare for her kids who were born here and have an American father.

Illegal Aliens Receive $37 Million From County In November
Written by Carol Rock
Saturday, 05 January 2008
Welfare and food stamp benefits soar $3 million higher than September payout.

New statistics from the Department of Public Social Services reveal that illegal aliens and their families in Los Angeles County collected over $37 million in welfare and food stamp allocations in November 2007 – up $3 million dollars from September, announced Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich.

Twenty five percent of the all welfare and food stamps benefits is going directly to the children of illegal aliens. Illegals collected over $20 million in welfare assistance for November 2007 and over $16 million in monthly food stamp allocations for a projected annual cost of $444 million.

“This new information shows an alarming increase in the devastating impact Illegal immigration continues to have on Los Angeles County taxpayers,” said Antonovich. “With $220 million for public safety, $400 million for healthcare, and $444 million in welfare allocations, the total cost for illegal immigrants to County taxpayers far exceeds $1 billion a year – not including the millions of dollars for education.

____________


You were saying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-02-2008, 06:25 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Illegal Aliens Receive $37 Million From County In November
Written by Carol Rock
Saturday, 05 January 2008
Welfare and food stamp benefits soar $3 million higher than September payout.

New statistics from the Department of Public Social Services reveal that illegal aliens and their families in Los Angeles County collected over $37 million in welfare and food stamp allocations in November 2007 – up $3 million dollars from September, announced Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich.

Twenty five percent of the all welfare and food stamps benefits is going directly to the children of illegal aliens. Illegals collected over $20 million in welfare assistance for November 2007 and over $16 million in monthly food stamp allocations for a projected annual cost of $444 million.

“This new information shows an alarming increase in the devastating impact Illegal immigration continues to have on Los Angeles County taxpayers,” said Antonovich. “With $220 million for public safety, $400 million for healthcare, and $444 million in welfare allocations, the total cost for illegal immigrants to County taxpayers far exceeds $1 billion a year – not including the millions of dollars for education.

____________


You were saying?
What I've been saying. Why should illegal aliens receive social services? They shouldn't! We need to reform our social services and cover up loop-holes in our system. That is the only way. This will end the welfare abuse by anyone, food stamp abuse by anyone-- including illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 06:30 PM
 
440 posts, read 236,417 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
What I've been saying. Why should illegal aliens receive social services? They shouldn't! We need to reform our social services and cover up loop-holes in our system. That is the only way. This will end the welfare abuse by anyone, food stamp abuse by anyone-- including illegals.
What we need to do is rescind the 14th amendment which is being abused by illegal aliens in order to claim citizenship for the children they deliberately breed or run across the border in full blown labor to give birth in the US and claim the anchors as American citizens. That's not a loophole its a gaping wound that will never heal until that amendment is abolished. There are no more slaves in the US so the amendment is virtually extinct. What's even more insulting is the fact that those children are not only deliberately bred to steal citizenship rights and benefits they are also used for chain migration purposes.

I'm still trying to figure out how TWO FOREIGN NATIONALS can produce an American citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 06:36 PM
 
Location: London UK & Florida USA
7,922 posts, read 7,619,461 times
Reputation: 2035
As you said by running across the border and giving birth on US soil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 06:37 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
What we need to do is rescind the 14th amendment which is being abused by illegal aliens in order to claim citizenship for the children they deliberately breed or run across the border in full blown labor to give birth in the US and claim the anchors as American citizens. That's not a loophole its a gaping wound that will never heal until that amendment is abolished. There are no more slaves in the US so the amendment is virtually extinct. What's even more insulting is the fact that those children are not only deliberately bred to steal citizenship rights and benefits they are also used for chain migration purposes.

I'm still trying to figure out how TWO FOREIGN NATIONALS can produce an American citizen.
Ok, you just completely changed the subject but thats alright. It would be great if we changed the 14th amendment, it wouldn't be an incentive for illegals to have their babies here. Hospitals are closing because of it and millions of tax dollars are being spent. Its an outrage.

THERE ARE DEFINITELY SLAVES IN THE US!!

Quote:
[SIZE=2]During 2001, at least 700,000 and potentially as many as 4 million men, women and children worldwide were bought, sold, transported and held against their will in slave-like conditions, according to the U.S. State Department.


Read up: Modern Slavery: People for Sale

But I know what your getting at, the 14th amendment was there to make the children of the slaves American citizens. It just needs some revizing, thats all.
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 06:47 PM
 
440 posts, read 236,417 times
Reputation: 117
After capture by Border Patrol, immigrant gives birth

The Brownsville Herald ^

Posted on 11/30/2007 4:31:46 PM PST

An undocumented immigrant went into labor after being apprehended by Border Patrol officials Thursday evening.

The woman, whose name, age and nationality are unknown, was caught at about 5:30 p.m. after cross-ing the Rio Grande into east Brownsville. She told Border Patrol agents that she needed medical attention and was taken to Valley Baptist Medical Center-Brownsville, where she went into labor.
Stationed outside the woman’s hospital room was Border Patrol Agent Ortiz, who refused to give his first name.

The sound of her baby’s heartbeat — amplified by an ultrasound — could be heard through the door of her hospital room.
“I know that sound,” Ortiz said. “I heard it when I had my two children.”
Border Patrol officials did not comment on what will happen to the woman and her child after they are released from the hospital. According to the 14th Amendment of the Constitution, any person born on American soil is a United States citizen.

“Our primary goal was to get her medical attention,” said Oscar Saldaña, spokesman with the U.S. Cus-toms and Border Protection’s Rio Grande Valley Sector.
In September, after an undocumented immigrant gave birth on the banks of the Rio Grande, the woman and her child were discharged from the hospital without being taken into custody by the Border Patrol, according to Brownsville Herald archives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 06:49 PM
 
440 posts, read 236,417 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Ok, you just completely changed the subject but thats alright. It would be great if we changed the 14th amendment, it wouldn't be an incentive for illegals to have their babies here. Hospitals are closing because of it and millions of tax dollars are being spent. Its an outrage.
[b]
THERE ARE DEFINITELY SLAVES IN THE US!!



Read up: Modern Slavery: People for Sale

But I know what your getting at, the 14th amendment was there to make the children of the slaves American citizens. It just needs some revizing, thats all.
[/SIZE][/font]
Sorry for the switch, but I posted that in relation to the amount of welfare and other benefits spent on anchor babies which cost taxpayers billions of dollars annually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 06:53 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
Preaching2thechoir ,

How do you feel about the illegals trying to taking advantage of "Affimative Action"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 07:00 PM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,921,520 times
Reputation: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
What I've been saying. Why should illegal aliens receive social services? They shouldn't! We need to reform our social services and cover up loop-holes in our system. That is the only way. This will end the welfare abuse by anyone, food stamp abuse by anyone-- including illegals.
at least none of them are MY relatives..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2008, 07:19 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
at least none of them are MY relatives..
What point are you getting at? Are we speaking about who has illegal relatives? NO!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top