U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 08:22 PM

2,262 posts, read 2,693,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
The woman profiled in this article is single and had four kids on a maid's salary! How are we supposed to believe that they want a better life and to achieve the American dream when these kinds of stupid decisions are common.

Here's another article from the sidebar about these poor border zones: America's poorest border town: no immigration papers, no American Dream. Pay attention to this quote: "We are poor, but it is better to be poor here than in Mexico.” Open borders means importing poverty. It means more and more American towns will turn into third world hovels because the bar for these people is much lower than the American poor. Btw, the woman who said that has lived here 22 years and speaks no English. In her town half the kids don't finish high school. She has been deported ten times but always returns in a few days. Of course she's also driving without a license and carries no insurance.
I think most of these people have children not for the love of raising their own kids, but because they want the taxpayers to take care of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 01:22 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,096,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
I think most of these people have children not for the love of raising their own kids, but because they want the taxpayers to take care of them.
Most people? No, you would be wrong. The majority of US citizens aren't having children to increase a welfare check. Also, if these people coming in are so religious, why does she have 4 kids without a father in addition to breaking the law coming in to the US without authorization?

First thing I noticed was that she was in the US working illegally and most likely, "under the table". The next is that the article was talking about "undocumented immigrants". She had a child with Down syndrome (we adopted a baby with DS 29 years ago) many people surrender their babies when they feel that they can not give the child the support necessary and she is 41 which greatly, GREATLY, increases her chances of having a child with genetic defects. Her interest should have been abstinence or sterilization. Don't say her religion wouldn't allow sterilization because she was having sex outside of marriage which I am pretty sure was against her religion also. It says they can get "short term" medical care that we would pay for. Of course, they aren't having anchors babies for "short term" benefits.

No sympathy here. I would return to family in my country of origin for needed support and that is actually what a lot of citizens have to do when they get themselves in a mess like this woman has.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:12 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,304,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Most people? No, you would be wrong. The majority of US citizens aren't having children to increase a welfare check. Also, if these people coming in are so religious, why does she have 4 kids without a father in addition to breaking the law coming in to the US without authorization?

First thing I noticed was that she was in the US working illegally and most likely, "under the table". The next is that the article was talking about "undocumented immigrants". She had a child with Down syndrome (we adopted a baby with DS 29 years ago) many people surrender their babies when they feel that they can not give the child the support necessary and she is 41 which greatly, GREATLY, increases her chances of having a child with genetic defects. Her interest should have been abstinence or sterilization. Don't say her religion wouldn't allow sterilization because she was having sex outside of marriage which I am pretty sure was against her religion also. It says they can get "short term" medical care that we would pay for. Of course, they aren't having anchors babies for "short term" benefits.

No sympathy here. I would return to family in my country of origin for needed support and that is actually what a lot of citizens have to do when they get themselves in a mess like this woman has.
D towner was talking about illegal aliens, NOT Americans playing the system.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:36 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,096,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
D towner was talking about illegal aliens, NOT Americans playing the system.
OK, that's better, thanks! With all the "hate" threads on C-D about people that have children, I misunderstood. They claim in their threads that people have children for selfish reasons - not if you pay the bills for them.

Old 11-26-2015, 01:12 PM

1,017 posts, read 555,568 times
I must state the obvious because it drives me crazy. Where are the fathers of these babies? I thought the family structure in Mexico was very important. I have read story after story about illegal alien women and their children, many of whom were conceived and born in the US. We do not tolerate deadbeat fathers as a rule here, yet there are thousands of single baby makers coming to the US. They don't have one child, no sirree. More like four or more.
And not a father in sight.

Although the refugee crisis is not about illegals, why is our government planning to accept women and children only? More to the point, why are our vets, disabled, homeless and elderly citizens being ignored while we accept the world's downtrodden? I know we are supposed to be a country of values and acceptance, yet many of our own citizens are suffering.

I don't get it.

Old 11-26-2015, 05:34 PM

4,538 posts, read 1,950,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I must state the obvious because it drives me crazy. Where are the fathers of these babies?
Uncle Sam is their daddy now.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:36 AM

271 posts, read 269,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Uncle Sam is their daddy now.
Sugar Daddy is more like it!

Old 11-30-2015, 11:55 AM

23,618 posts, read 31,198,912 times
The Rio Grande Valley in Texas is basically a third world country.

They can keep it. If ONLY the checkpoints kept them all down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or